Pics of the TaylorMade Tour Preferred Irons

The one thing that I don't like is that only the MB's are forged. The MC's and CB's are cast if the chatter is true.

I'd like to see further evidence of this. Wouldn't TM lose a lot of their pro club buying clientele by casting the MCs and CBs? What then would make them a better decision for an off the rack purchase than the Speedblades (aside from the obvious) given the higher price point?

Have cast clubs come so far that pros are choosing them over forged? I don't think so (not looking to start a war here, btw)

Have cast clubs come so far that pros are choosing them over forged? I don't think so (not looking to start a war here, btw)

Most pros dont care if the irons or wedges are cast or forged. They save that for the internet.

Hey! I'm an Internet pro damnit lol.

JB - do you have these in hand?

I wont speak of my experiences with our without them until full release reaches.

I was thinking more a size comparison against the last incarnation of the TP line. It can wait.

I'd like to see further evidence of this. Wouldn't TM lose a lot of their pro club buying clientele by casting the MCs and CBs? What then would make them a better decision for an off the rack purchase than the Speedblades (aside from the obvious) given the higher price point?

Yeah, that's my thinking as well.

Pics of the TaylorMade Tour Preferred Irons

Yeah, that's my thinking as well.

Most pros dont care if the irons or wedges are cast or forged. They save that for the internet.

Again, nothing is gained or lost in performance with cast/forged. And tour pros don't care.

I think the MCs are my favourite out of the bunch. MBs all seem to look pretty much identical to me. I particularly like the badge instead of 'Tour Preferred' on the back.

But pros aren't buying them. So what justifies the price difference?

Thumb typed..... Tapatalk

Price difference will always be about margins and supply and demand.
Dont ever get something because its supposed to be good. Get something because it works for you.

And to further that if Pros are not buying them and still not caring, then what does that say about those spending.

Obviously. I'm just talking about the sheer off the rack buyer. Or someone who owns a set of MCs who wants to just go out and buy a new set (you know they exist) why wouldn't they just buy speedblades? Wouldn't it cost TM money?

Thumb typed..... Tapatalk

They very well could be forged still. The same way the last generation were, with a cast body and a forged face.

Im just excited that 12 THPers are going to get a set of these irons at Ultimate Club Testing and play some golf with TaylorMade, other THPers and all at an amazing golf resort.

Im just excited that 12 THPers are going to get a set of these irons at Ultimate Club Testing and play some golf with TaylorMade, other THPers and all at an amazing golf resort.
Its going to be an awesome event, no doubt about it.

It's going to be as nail biting as the Callaway event to get in!

I would like to apologize for sparking this forged vs. cast debate (the worst kind). My original post was worded very poorly. I was not implying that they should be forged, I was merely curious why Taylormade decided to cast them when their predecessors were forged. I understand and support the idea that there is no better/worse when it comes to forged and cast. Just thought that it was interesting how TM changed it.

The new TP line really does look great, but having the chance to play with a rep is pretty cool too. I love to get different perspectives on the game and potentially having a small chance at that alone is pretty cool,irons aside

I really like the look of the MC's.

They're sessy indeed. High ponder list for sure, more than the MB's.

I am a fan of the smaller "TP" logo even though it reminds me of the corvette logo.

I am a fan of the smaller "TP" logo even though it reminds me of the corvette logo.

I didn't even notice that when I saw it haha. Logos and emblems don't bother me, I can't seem em at address. I do like a little bit of firepower behind my irons and as well as a sleek look and these in photos look like a very nice blend of both.

Never thought of that, good observation.
the+new+corvette+logo.jpg

To this...
TP.png

Back