Ping i20 Irons Review - Forum Testing Review Thread

Getting these back out today, windy now so I'll be ripping 3i off some tee's. I love it!

Where did they go? WRX???

Driving for show and chutting for dough

Congrats on the new sticks.

TapAhoy!

Congrats Vince, that's a spectacular purchase, white dot and all!

I had a really solid day with the i20's yesterday. These irons continue to impress me and I'm looking forward to playing some Fall/Winter golf with them.

Congrats Vince, that's a spectacular purchase, white dot and all!

I had a really solid day with the i20's yesterday. These irons continue to impress me and I'm looking forward to playing some Fall/Winter golf with them.

I had a blast with mine yesterday too. Took 3i off the tee 3 times, its going to be a beast for me off the tee in the winter as grass goes dormant.

I had a blast with mine yesterday too. Took 3i off the tee 3 times, its going to be a beast for me off the tee in the winter as grass goes dormant.

Yeah. I still only have a 5iron as my longest iron. I just don't see why I would ever not want to hit my M4/F5 for that kind of yardage. Although, I could be completely missing out huh?

Are you still thinking about a CFS trial run?

Yeah. I still only have a 5iron as my longest iron. I just don't see why I would ever not want to hit my M4/F5 for that kind of yardage. Although, I could be completely missing out huh?

Are you still thinking about a CFS trial run?

I love my F3+/F5 too, but the 4i and 3i are just so easy to hit its a blast to use them, I can't resist it!

I am, once winter really sets in I think I'll be making a switch just to see, I like what I saw in the 8i this summer while I had the CFS in there. If nothiing else its just fun to tinker. Although, I also think about a KBS Tour set in S+ too, I hit those pretty much identical in length and flight as my CT's when I was in Iowa.

I just pulled the trigger on a set of I20 irons, 4-P, 1.75 upright lie, +4 wraps on the grip. Now the waiting game begins on them to show up! Damn I hate the waiting game...
I have been rocking the G20's since they came out and have been kicking myself for not waiting on the i20's, so I just decided to get them and sell the G's.​

I am a huge 3i fan too dude. It is such a great club and I really enjoy it off the tee.

I love my F3+/F5 too, but the 4i and 3i are just so easy to hit its a blast to use them, I can't resist it!

I am, once winter really sets in I think I'll be making a switch just to see, I like what I saw in the 8i this summer while I had the CFS in there. If nothiing else its just fun to tinker. Although, I also think about a KBS Tour set in S+ too, I hit those pretty much identical in length and flight as my CT's when I was in Iowa.

Yeah, and I reckon that the Tours feel better than the CT's. I think you'd enjoy that combo too dude. I would love for you to spend some time with a CFS outfit set though. I really like the weight, the responsiveness and the fact that they can be flighted higher/lower with ease. I would definitely be interested in your findings dude.

I just pulled the trigger on a set of I20 irons, 4-P, 1.75 upright lie, +4 wraps on the grip. Now the waiting game begins on them to show up! Damn I hate the waiting game...
I have been rocking the G20's since they came out and have been kicking myself for not waiting on the i20's, so I just decided to get them and sell the G's.​

Nice! What kind of a wait are you looking at?

Yeah, and I reckon that the Tours feel better than the CT's. I think you'd enjoy that combo too dude. I would love for you to spend some time with a CFS outfit set though. I really like the weight, the responsiveness and the fact that they can be flighted higher/lower with ease. I would definitely be interested in your findings dude.

The weight is the most intriguing part to me, it'd be a new world for me since I've only ever been S300's, FST 125's, KBS Tours, and CT's. I think the lower weight could really do me some good.

The weight is the most intriguing part to me, it'd be a new world for me since I've only ever been S300's, FST 125's, KBS Tours, and CT's. I think the lower weight could really do me some good.

How so?

Has anybody thought about doing an i20/ Anser combo set? I wonder how they would transition from one to another.

Just lighter, not a ton, but enough to notice. Its not meant intriguing in a bad way, its a good way, I think it could really help my game throughout a round to play something at least a bit lighter.

Just lighter, not a ton, but enough to notice. Its not meant intriguing in a bad way, its a good way, I think it could really help my game throughout a round to play something at least a bit lighter.

I see. I'm a lot like you dude. I used to love everything heavy but that's just not the case anymore. I hate my tired/lazy swing with a heavy shaft. It's no bueno!

OK it's offical, with the new 20* adams hybrid going in the bag, the 3 iron will be sitting in the garage for a while :(
I really think I have a good set up for myself centered around the 4-PW i20s now; time to adjust how I play certain holes and stop tinkering. I've got some confidence back in my sticks so it's time to go low again :)

Has anybody thought about doing an i20/ Anser combo set? I wonder how they would transition from one to another.

I saw the new Anser irons at Golfsmith and hit them for a bit. Wow. They were much easier to hit then I thought they would be. But so are the i20's

I see. I'm a lot like you dude. I used to love everything heavy but that's just not the case anymore. I hate my tired/lazy swing with a heavy shaft. It's no bueno!

Yep, its exactly where I'm at right now with EVERYTHING in the bag. I was always anti-lighter, but now I can really see the benefits of it, and with the tech that is out there there are some pretty bad ass options for sure.

I saw the new Anser irons at Golfsmith and hit them for a bit. Wow. They were much easier to hit then I thought they would be. But so are the i20's

Are they more blade like than the i20s?

I think so but I dont remember being too scared of them.

I want to hit them, but I scared I will fall in love. I already love the i20s, but don't want to pay for them. The Ansers are even more expensive.

Back