Ping i20 Irons Review - Forum Testing Review Thread

What's going on? I mean, where are you missing your shots?

I'm going to PM you later with a little writeup. Don't want to mess up the awesomeness of this thread

I think you should pull the trigger before she changes her mind. Go with the PXi's man! You seem like the kind of guy that doesn't change his equipment (irons) around all to often. Might as well really treat yourself.

This is correct. I'm playing the MX200s from 2 years ago still. I would buy new equipment all the time if I could, and I hope once I get 2 kids (6 years old and 10 months old) thru college and out of the house I will be tinkering all the time. I am a 30 year old whose wife wants a new home and too many other things that get in the way of golf. I pray everyday that my kids want to golf. Nothing could be better than enjoying a round with my sons. I love playing with my dad now.

My bag is stale compared to most here for sure, but I usually upgrade something each year.

I just might go all out on these babies.

I think you should. I love the PXi's and you'll be one of the first people on here with them. We need some feedback on those shafts too, so you would be doing all of us a favor too :)

Sadly, it would be closer to fathers day before I get them. I can't find enough reviews on them. I review anything I buy to death and I can't get enough of the Pxi's now.

Sadly, it would be closer to fathers day before I get them. I can't find enough reviews on them. I review anything I buy to death and I can't get enough of the Pxi's now.

Same here, but I have exchanged quite a few emails w/ True Temper about them. I love that they are lighter weight. The whole premise of the PXi line was to kind of mirror that of the PX Black shaft. Come out with a lighter weight shaft that performs like it's predecessor. Light weight, yet incredibly stable at the tip end. What they've done that makes them feel so good, and vastly different from the PX's, is that they optimized the calibration of the shaft from butt to tip. I don't know what that exactly means, but I'm like you, the PXi's feel nothing like the PX's of yesterday. That's a good thing. I love the whole idea of flighted shafts anyway. IT just makes sense.

I'm sure its because the CFS are really great shafts, but of all the folks that seem to have the i20s, there is definitely a lack of c tapers and pxi shaft owners.

I'm sure its because the CFS are really great shafts, but of all the folks that seem to have the i20s, there is definitely a lack of c tapers and pxi shaft owners.

I like being in the minority LOL

Do you have those? I'm sorry, I'm on tapatalk and can't see your sig

Yessir. I went with them for the testing because I'd been gaming them previously in my 2.0's and J40 DPC's. They just fit me well and I wanted to stay concentrated on the heads more than the shafts for my testing.

I love me some CT's. That said, this fall I will be buying a set of CFS's to toy around with eventually since TC and Kmac love them like they do.

Didn't that chunkylover guy have PXi shafts? You could ask him about them and he'll reply by fathers day :bulgy-eyes:

Well, ill be. Sorry. I have read many of your detailed reviews and missed that somehow.
Awesome. So you do indeed love these paired with these i20s? I bet the satin on satin look good too.

I thought they would be too much for my swing as my assumptions for them was they were for high SS. But I thought they felt great I wanted to hit them thinking my ball flight would come down and pretty much everything I hit seemed to go the same height.

Well, ill be. Sorry. I have read many of your detailed reviews and missed that somehow.
Awesome. So you do indeed love these paired with these i20s? I bet the satin on satin look good too.

I thought they would be too much for my swing as my assumptions for them was they were for high SS. But I thought they felt great I wanted to hit them thinking my ball flight would come down and pretty much everything I hit seemed to go the same height.

Yeah, the looks really are something else haha, sessiness.

For me they actually did bring my flight down from my DG's and that's what I've needed. I don't hit them as low as I do the non-flighted PX's, but I absolutely hate the feel of those and really dislike the feel of DG's so the CT's have been the ultimate compromise for me. Bit lower, less spin, WAY better feel, that's all I could ask for and more.

I have seen the "less spin" a lot. I always assumed I was a high spin player with my irons, but now think its my traj that is so high. All my divots with a 4i or a 9i are usually within 6" of my ball mark. I don't think its too little spin, but I could be wrong. I need to get on a launch monitor and see the #s I guess. I'm not sure I want a lot of roll out from my irons as I am a point and shoot player now and don't have fear of rolling one past or off a green unless I blade it.

Yes they have ran out of heads. American Golf were not willing to replace my clubs until Ping send a replacement which is rubbish. At least they let me borrow some Callaways in the meanwhile.

Callaway. If I see another Callaway advert on sky about a razr fit driver I'm going to smash my friends in two and let him send the bill to sky and Callaway. Soo annoying.

Rant aside. Ping get their stocks next week hopefully my order won't be top long. I'm off to the shop tomorrow just to have another hit of the demo.and make sure her lie of black dot is correct. The dg s300 is spot on though.

Didn't that chunkylover guy have PXi shafts? You could ask him about them and he'll reply by fathers day :bulgy-eyes:

Haha jerk face. Take the feel and high ballflight of the KBS Tours. Then mix it with the PX. That is the PXi. Not quite as nice feeling or as high as the KBS but higher and way better feeling than the PX

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Haha jerk face. Take the feel and high ballflight of the KBS Tours. Then mix it with the PX. That is the PXi. Not quite as nice feeling or as high as the KBS but higher and way better feeling than the PX

Wrong thread but darnit you make me want pxi shafts.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

That are money dude. My coach took a few swings with my irons at my last lesson. He went inside and came out 5 minutes later and told me he had just ordered the same exact irons I had. He was coming from PX and was blown away by the PXi

Jman

Where is that record keeping card from? That's very cool!

Sorry I just now saw this!! It's from Golfshot I'm using on my iPhone for yardages!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That are money dude. My coach took a few swings with my irons at my last lesson. He went inside and came out 5 minutes later and told me he had just ordered the same exact irons I had. He was coming from PX and was blown away by the PXi

Dude, if I'd have known this all along I would have bought multiple shares in PING stocks. With the way the i, G, ANSER Forged, and now the Nome lines are selling I bet there would've been some $$$ to be made. PING is swimming in it right now, I'm sure...

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Probably had one of my worst days yet with the i20's today. Everything was just a tad-ashi off. Short one hole. Way left another. Hung one out to the right on another hole. Then when I thought I caught one flush it comes up just short. Just one of those days I guess.

Don't worry K-Mac, next week you will be pinning them everytime. Just sometimes have those days where nothing is crisp. I had it 7 days ago but then the following day I was fine. Take it easy and enjoy buddy

Don't worry K-Mac, next week you will be pinning them everytime. Just sometimes have those days where nothing is crisp. I had it 7 days ago but then the following day I was fine. Take it easy and enjoy buddy

Thanks dude. They've been so good to me I was expecting a day like this eventually. Plus tomorrow is lesson day so Im sure I'll get all kinds of stuff worked out.

I hit the KBS too and thought the PXi felt smoother and more solid if that makes sense. The KBS ballooned on me some and were a tad shorter. Again, I hit it all high

I hit the KBS too and thought the PXi felt smoother and more solid if that makes sense. The KBS ballooned on me some and were a tad shorter. Again, I hit it all high

I can see that happening as they do have a high ballflight. Just about perfect for me though

Having some nasty computer issues. Can't post a proper test from the phone. Hopefully, things get ironed out tomorrow. Enjoyed reading all the recent comments!

Back