What's everyone gaming for grips on these?

Got to thinking and the new white/black whiteout edition multi-compounds would look incredible on these.

I have the stock ID8's which I like. Not in love though. I could see some THP Pures on these

What's everyone gaming for grips on these?

Got to thinking and the new white/black whiteout edition multi-compounds would look incredible on these.

I bet you are right. I had forgotten about these as I don't normally play MC due to the expense and when I did use them, they didn't last long. But I bet they look awesome on these irons.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Even better off turf Minarets. I hit these at the range last night. It was soaking wet from a heavy downpour the night before. I usually struggle big time with fats on wet grass. I was smoking these irons.

Great to hear.

I too often struggle with fat shots off wet grass and I am normally a sweeper more than a digger. Good to hear.

Question, as am no PING expert...is there any science or reasoning to the wider sole? PING always seems to have wider soles throughout their line than their competition.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Even better off turf Minarets. I hit these at the range last night. It was soaking wet from a heavy downpour the night before. I usually struggle big time with fats on wet grass. I was smoking these irons.

We need to get together for some golf, I want to see you crush these puppies.

Chunkylover dont say that i was adamant i wasn't going to buy these now i want a set,shame there is a bit of delay for us lefthanders over here in the UK

Got a chance to take a few swing with these today Golf Galaxy was packed and I was in a rush but I was impressed with what I saw so far. Def want to hit them some more.

Just got "The Call" - my i20 5-UW order came into the store and I can pick them up today. That pretty awesome turnaround from Ping - ordered 4 days ago with some spec changes. Any question of whether to play this weekend just got answered.

Just got "The Call" - my i20 5-UW order came into the store and I can pick them up today. That pretty awesome turnaround from Ping - ordered 4 days ago with some spec changes. Any question of whether to play this weekend just got answered.

That was so much faster then chunkyresponder, wtc is up with that Chunky? Look forward to your thoughts keller

That was quick! That is very impressive on PING's part. I am seriously interested in your thoughts once you get these out!

I had a long serious look at these irons yesterday while at Golf Town. I didn't hit them out of fairness to the upcoming reviews. They are absolutely gorgeous. I love the looks of these bad boys. I can see the forgiveness in them in their design. PING did good... real good.

Alex

That was so much faster then chunkyresponder, wtc is up with that Chunky? Look forward to your thoughts keller

Ping was angry that I sold the G15's for Di11's. I'm back now though!!

Ping was angry that I sold the G15's for Di11's. I'm back now though!!

I'm going to be quite curious about what you think are the differences between the i20s and the Di11s, since I game the Wilsons.

Would love to compare my Adams Idea Tech Hybrids to Ping
Sign me up!!
DRIVER: Adams Speedline
FAIRWAYS: Adams Idea Tech OS
HYBRID: Adams Idea Tech OS
IRONS: Adams Idea Tech OS
WEDGES: Random
PUTTER: Big Voodoo Daddy
Hcp.

Glad your sticks are here Keller. Enjoy!

TapAhoy!

Sign me up!!
Hcp.

Welcome to THP, blindsquirrel. This actually isn't the signup thread for testing the i20 irons, it's the review thread.

Go to this thread, read the instructions, and sign up! http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...g-Signup-Ping-i20-Irons&p=1182423#post1182423

Haha the username really sealed the deal on how funny this post was!

Sign me up!!
Hcp.

You know what I find interesting? A lot of well known forged only iron guys are going on about just how awesome the i20's are once they put the sole grind on. Appearntly they're finding that they kick the snot out of the Ansers once they're all customed up and are still signifigantly cheaper. It's a rather startling admission so far.

You know what I find interesting? A lot of well known forged only iron guys are going on about just how awesome the i20's are once they put the sole grind on. Appearntly they're finding that they kick the snot out of the Ansers once they're all customed up and are still signifigantly cheaper. It's a rather startling admission so far.

Can you elaborate more on what sole grind you are talking about.Thanks!

I'm really interested in these irons. I feel like the shape of PING irons are unique to most other brands. Something about them is just different, but in a classic PING good way if that makes sense.

Totally with you MSB, something about these just seems right. Its like these just may be the perfect iron.

I tracked the UPS truck and found these inside and hit them at the store and was amazed. Extremely well balanced and the shaft feels great. I went with the regarding CFS shaft and glad I did. The ball coming off the face was butta and my distances were noticeably longer. I was hitting 7 iron 150 carry on most shots which is all I can ask for right now. I am overjoyed with these. I had some G15 that I thought I was excited about when i got them. My excitement with these blows that away. Glad I picked up these babies.

a6f84d58-dcce-a381.jpg

a6f84d58-dcea-898a.jpg

a6f84d58-dcff-e511.jpg

a6f84d58-dd22-3767.jpg

a6f84d58-dd42-80e4.jpg

TapAhoy!

Dang, those are some seriously good looking irons! Congrats, SMG!

Tap before talk.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate more on what sole grind you are talking about.Thanks!

Ping lets you apply sole grinds. For example you can get some material from the heel or leading edge taken off both on irons and wedges. In this case though they were taking about a full sole grind where Ping is just shaving it down to lower the bounce. You can get as many as 4 degrees taken off so if 12 is too much bounce for you on a PW for example you can get it ground down to as low as 8 instead (and thus matching the Anser's).

Back