not sure i’d say the ap3 is trash. there may be things about it i didn’t love, but it definitely has a place. personally i wasn’t a fan of the p790. hated the feel. but lots of people love it. and these pings leave a lot to be desired based on the pics we have seen so far. it’s why it’s great that we have so many options these days. something for everybody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what there would be left to be desired based on looks as they are both beauties. To each their own, though. I thought the p790 felt really soft where the ap3 felt like, well, a hollow rock, with the ap1 feeling better. So many good options though, and I wouldn’t count i500 out if that’s the category you are looking at.

Not sure what there would be left to be desired based on looks as they are both beauties. To each their own, though. I thought the p790 felt really soft where the ap3 felt like, well, a hollow rock, with the ap1 feeling better. So many good options though, and I wouldn’t count i500 out if that’s the category you are looking at.

that’s what so great right now: so many options for the consumer. if someone doesn’t like one thing, they have a ton of other options. and pretty much across the board all oems are producing excellent equipment.

i agree on the feel of the ap3. it was not something i enjoyed. but the p790 felt very strange to me as well. to my eye these pings have a strange shape at address from the pics posted. but ping doesn’t do much for me in general.

Both great looking clubs. For me it was no contest. The i210's felt miles better and performed just as well as the 500's. Distance was eerily close between the two.
4b17821f0819d135cb33620306d38e62.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Irons like these blur the lines, and are a big reason the category system we all revert to (players, GI, sgi, etc) is archaic.

I never liked the labels assigned to categorizing irons. or even using categories. If that trend is going away now it's a good thing.

I ended up hitting the i500 this morning. I hit it with both a modus 120 and project X6.0. Numbers were around 176 with 6700 spin. Nothing real special, didn’t like the feel or look at address.

Both great looking clubs. For me it was no contest. The i210's felt miles better and performed just as well as the 500's. Distance was eerily close between the two.
4b17821f0819d135cb33620306d38e62.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I imagine that with the i210 Ping has a fairly accurate idea of consumer demand, projected sales etc....
However with the hollow body i500, like the current G700, Ping is probably "testing the waters of hollow body iron construction". My guess is that in the few months the G700 has been available for purchase, sales have been o.k.; not great, not bad.

Embargo is tomorrow at 9am EST, so I suspect everybody will get the info they would like at that time.

Looking forward to tomorrow

Has a P790 look to it... very interested in hitting them in a 2 months

I love a good tech story. Really intrigued by these irons, would love to hit them after they are released.

“Unlike a lot of irons on the market, PING irons are created without sacrificing the performance attributes all golfers need to improve the distance, accuracy and consistency they require from their iron play,” said John K. Solheim, PING President. “In the i500 and i210, we’re offering two distinctly different technology platforms to give golfers additional choices and fitting options. The i500 delivers unbelievable distance with amazingly high ball flights. In our testing, some golfers gained as much as 15 yards with the i500. In the i210 iron, we focused on designing a club that ensures a soft, buttery feel with the distance precision to attack flagsticks. We’re already seeing a lot of our tour players seamlessly transition into the i210 iron.”

I am a really big fan of the hollow body profile but the conversation about high launch always scares me. There's plenty that can be done with shaft selection to work out peak height and arc shape but I never want it to hinder what I'd like to achieve with a specific iron. With that said, I feel like the added flight would give me room to potentially get more aggressive with the lofts to squeak out even more distance while maintaining that forgiveness that one should seek out of an iron of this design logic.

Either way, I cannot wait to hit them. Bring it on, Ping.

I am a really big fan of the hollow body profile but the conversation about high launch always scares me. There's plenty that can be done with shaft selection to work out peak height and arc shape but I never want it to hinder what I'd like to achieve with a specific iron. With that said, I feel like the added flight would give me room to potentially get more aggressive with the lofts to squeak out even more distance while maintaining that forgiveness that one should seek out of an iron of this design logic.

Either way, I cannot wait to hit them. Bring it on, Ping.

looking at Rick Shiels video seems to be some gaping issues.

This review baffles me.

He talks about giving up spin to the course but did he change shafts to accommodate the drop-off that was expected as compared to his gamers? Where's the info on that?

He then goes to a par three and instead of hitting a 9 iron he hits a cut 7 iron and can't figure out why it went long.

People need to really get a better grasp on what is trying to be achieved here, with the hollow body blades. Straight accurate flight is supreme, and expecting the interaction and feedback of a blade, and drawing comparisons to one is seemingly pointless because i refuse to believe that's what these are being built for (minus maybe in the long irons).

Oh well.

looking at Rick Shiels video seems to be some gaping issues.

Well, let's put some thought on this one.

Can you go out there and get a 4000 RPM difference in spin between your PW to 7 (aka only two irons in between them)? I can't really figure that one out, but it'll take trying them myself to see the same. From the hollow body profiles I've experienced, the PW actually helps to close the gap for me from the rest of my irons.

I want to see some James and Dan with these i500 irons.

So is it safe to say these are going to be in the P790 genre?

So is it safe to say these are going to be in the P790 genre?

Same as the Titleist T-MB irons..... hardened steel face with hollow front cavity in a cast body of 17-4 stainless steel.

This review baffles me.

He talks about giving up spin to the course but did he change shafts to accommodate the drop-off that was expected as compared to his gamers? Where's the info on that?

He then goes to a par three and instead of hitting a 9 iron he hits a cut 7 iron and can't figure out why it went long.

People need to really get a better grasp on what is trying to be achieved here, with the hollow body blades. Straight accurate flight is supreme, and expecting the interaction and feedback of a blade, and drawing comparisons to one is seemingly pointless because i refuse to believe that's what these are being built for (minus maybe in the long irons).

Oh well.

I didn't think his review was so bad. He had some praise for them. Mentioned the U wedge felt decent, looks superb, went the distance he wanted to hit it. With the 7 iron it seemed like he was perhaps trying to see if he could control a 7 iron with a three quarter instead of hitting a regular 9.

Toward the end he says something about a distance players iron, can there be such a thing, if there is this is as close as it gets. Then something like I still think ____'s gonna rule and lots of you don't wanna understand that or look at what that means. What did he say was gonna rule?

The different lofts are kind of interesting. So on top of possibly gaining distance, you can get them with power spec lofts. Wonder how that would go.

Man wish I had the game for these, looks so purdy

Back