Didn't watch this one. Gotta draw the line somewhere!

As fishy as this story that this man and TGC have put together is, if it is real, it probably is hard to find a job. Economy isn't good and think about it. First off, he never went to college. Second off, all he knows is golf so he's never really worked at anything besides a game he loved. And not only that, and I do like to believe in giving "second chances" but c'mon , how many of you guys on this forum, if you were in charge of hiring someone, would hire something like this. Hire someone with no experience, no qualifications, no money or house, and he even looks "dirty" no matter how hard he tries to stay clean. Oh YA! and his name hasn't even been cleared yet for a criminal violation. Could he find a job in the right place, probably but it look's pretty unlikely at your normal stores and stuff.

No golf for 2 years then come back and shoot +3? I'd buy that for a dollar.

As fishy as this story that this man and TGC have put together is, if it is real, it probably is hard to find a job. Economy isn't good and think about it. First off, he never went to college. Second off, all he knows is golf so he's never really worked at anything besides a game he loved. And not only that, and I do like to believe in giving "second chances" but c'mon , how many of you guys on this forum, if you were in charge of hiring someone, would hire something like this. Hire someone with no experience, no qualifications, no money or house, and he even looks "dirty" no matter how hard he tries to stay clean. Oh YA! and his name hasn't even been cleared yet for a criminal violation. Could he find a job in the right place, probably but it look's pretty unlikely at your normal stores and stuff.

Its not hard to flip burgers, sweep floors, clean clubs, pick up trash, or something along those lines. Don't need college to know how to do that, but you do make a good point about the whole criminal thing. I understand it's a "reality" show and we are just on the outside looking in and playing Monday morning quarterback but it would have been cool if TGC gave us some more info. Has he been practicing, was that his first round, is he still sleeping in the tubes or is it all for show just to make a good story? It's kind of strange and interesting at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched the first episode. The story of a gigolo down and out, if he was desperate enough Im sure he could find a sugar daddy in Palm Springs. His caddy reminds me of Happy Gilmores caddy.
alancoverthappygilmore.jpg

I just watched the first episode. The story of a gigolo down and out, if he was desperate enough Im sure he could find a sugar daddy in Palm Springs. His caddy reminds me of Happy Gilmores caddy.

That caddy is going to be trouble. There's more to this guy's situation than meets the eye. He played golf at a fairly high level but has no connection where he can wash clubs, caddy, or pick a range somewhere? The guy in the pro shop where he dropped his clubs doesn't look too happy to see him. He's used that guy before is my guess.

It says he has spent two years trying to clear his name. Had no time for anything else. What the hell has he been doing for two years to clear his name? Riding around on a bike? Has there been court battles? Was he jailed? Is he on some kind of "Stay away from this guy he beat a woman" list?

Something's weird with this show. They're keeping me in for now, but I hope some more info on this dude is forthcoming. It seems pretty improbable he'll play well enough to make the Senior Tour. His hands looked pretty shaky in one scene, and that's a bit of problem. I know that from experience.

Kevin

That caddy is going to be trouble. There's more to this guy's situation than meets the eye. He played golf at a fairly high level but has no connection where he can wash clubs, caddy, or pick a range somewhere? The guy in the pro shop where he dropped his clubs doesn't look too happy to see him. He's used that guy before is my guess.

It says he has spent two years trying to clear his name. Had no time for anything else. What the hell has he been doing for two years to clear his name? Riding around on a bike? Has there been court battles? Was he jailed? Is he on some kind of "Stay away from this guy he beat a woman" list?

Something's weird with this show. They're keeping me in for now, but I hope some more info on this dude is forthcoming. It seems pretty improbable he'll play well enough to make the Senior Tour. His hands looked pretty shaky in one scene, and that's a bit of problem. I know that from experience.

Kevin

He siad he was just dropped off. No jail, no nothing. Which in itself seems very strange. Even if the accusations against him are not true, most normal people would have had their first stop be jail. Maybe released if cleared or bail posted. I've never heard of cops just dropping a suspected criminal off on the streets. Whether he came by his money honestly or not, he obviously doesn't have anything now, unless this is a total scam. But still most people would be smart enough to realize that they need a job to survive, let alone fight the case against him. For him to go a year or two without being able to find a job of any kind is strange. He surely would have had some connections at course or somewhere. But I think in the end, he's just a mooch. Never had to work a day in his life. Unfortunately, that holds true for this show right now too. The shows got my interest too, for now.

Seems a little off. It is like the Ted Williams story, the man with the golden voice. He wasn't down and out because of his talent going unnoticed, he was down and out because of his drug use, relationship with employers and his attitude. There is something that is just off about this golfers story, something they are leaving out.

Seems a little off. It is like the Ted Williams story, the man with the golden voice. He wasn't down and out because of his talent going unnoticed, he was down and out because of his drug use, relationship with employers and his attitude. There is something that is just off about this golfers story, something they are leaving out.

Great analogy.

Something's weird with this show. They're keeping me in for now, but I hope some more info on this dude is forthcoming. It seems pretty improbable he'll play well enough to make the Senior Tour. His hands looked pretty shaky in one scene, and that's a bit of problem.

Kevin
Im guessing drugs were involved in someway. He has that crazy homeless guy aura that most homeless people have. Its not strong but it is with him.

I understood his buddy giving him a phone but what is the blue tooth for? Also, if he was that good of a golfer, he should of been able to hustle some bets and make some money.

Watched the first episode and thought it was kinda stupid but stupid enough to watch it again..... plan on watching the second episode this weekend.....

I thought this show was a mockumentary. I only caught a few minutes, but if this is real, they are leaving out something.

can anyone say "scripted reality"

He siad he was just dropped off. No jail, no nothing. Which in itself seems very strange. Even if the accusations against him are not true, most normal people would have had their first stop be jail. Maybe released if cleared or bail posted. I've never heard of cops just dropping a suspected criminal off on the streets. Whether he came by his money honestly or not, he obviously doesn't have anything now, unless this is a total scam. But still most people would be smart enough to realize that they need a job to survive, let alone fight the case against him. For him to go a year or two without being able to find a job of any kind is strange. He surely would have had some connections at course or somewhere. But I think in the end, he's just a mooch. Never had to work a day in his life. Unfortunately, that holds true for this show right now too. The shows got my interest too, for now.

I find my self being a little curious to learn more about his situation. Looks to me that the GC is leaving out many parts to the story. There just seems to be many voids in what has happended or is happening.

By clearing his name I'm pretty sure he means filing a civil suit against Beverly whatever and trying to get money.

By clearing his name I'm pretty sure he means filing a civil suit against Beverly whatever and trying to get money.

Trying to get 5mill to be exact. I read that earlier today, couldnt believe he was trying to get that much.

Trying to get 5mill to be exact. I read that earlier today, couldnt believe he was trying to get that much.

Yah I read alot about this guy and he just seems like a leech. I try to be neutral to his situation because I don't know anything other than what I have read, but watching this show, something just seems really out of place.

Yah I read alot about this guy and he just seems like a leech. I try to be neutral to his situation because I don't know anything other than what I have read, but watching this show, something just seems really out of place.

Agreed! Something is just off about him and his whole situation.

I seen the last 15 minutes of the first show and it did not hold my interest at all .
Just seems hinky to me , this guy has played golf ALL his life and never made it , I would think with some 40 +years of nothing but playing golf you would be good enough to be on tour at some point ????

I seen the last 15 minutes of the first show and it did not hold my interest at all .
Just seems hinky to me , this guy has played golf ALL his life and never made it , I would think with some 40 +years of nothing but playing golf you would be good enough to be on tour at some point ????

Well not necessarily, but the fact he can't find a job ANYWHERE after having a high social status job such as his, leads me to believe something is amiss.

Well not necessarily, but the fact he can't find a job ANYWHERE after having a high social status job such as his, leads me to believe something is amiss.

What was his high social status job?

What was his high social status job?

He did some consulting for hollywood teaching actors how to look like they knew what they were doing with a golf club

You have got to be kidding me. $5 mil? There is no way he'd deserve 5 mil from her. I'd say leech is right.

Why not? If this hadnt have happened, he could have been on tour, and could have made well over that amount. Not necessarily saying thats what would happen but you never know what could happen. She did take this guys career away from him, whatever that career was. He deserves to fight for all of the possible that he lost.

Back