Played two holes with Carl Whyte from Big Break

jeremyheslop

Reaction score
Handicap
Carl played big break Indian Wells. He was ahead of me on the 5 th hole and waved me up. Played 6 and 7 with him. Then needed to keep going so I went ahead. I was in a cart and he was walking (thought it was going to rain). He is a really cool guy. Down to earth. He said he was hurting from working out this morning but wanted to play anyway. Kinda neat meeting someone like that out on the course. I'm sure others in more populated areas of the US meet more famous people but it was still cool.

I was playing at Nutters crossing which is close UMES where Carl went to school.
staticmap
30329-30355 Southampton Bridge Rd, Salisbury, MD 21804, USA

iOS using Tapatalk

He sprinted from shot to shot in his audition tape. I bet he could come close to keeping up with your cart.

I almost forgot: Did he put you in his notebook?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

That's pretty cool. He seemed like a really good guy on the show.

That's pretty cool. He was an interesting guy, that's for sure. How was his game?

Cool story!

Ugly swing but gets the job done! How he play?

He sprinted from shot to shot in his audition tape. I bet he could come close to keeping up with your cart.

I almost forgot: Did he put you in his notebook?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

He was taking it easy and walking slow. But I would not challenge him to a race!

I didn't see the notebook but I wasn't looking for it either.

iOS using Tapatalk

That's cool I liked Carl when he was on the big break.

That's pretty cool. He was an interesting guy, that's for sure. How was his game?

Looked like he was practicing. He hit a great fairway metal straight down 7 and on 6 he pushed an iron.

8 and 9 he was in the fairway. I could see him from the practice green. He hit a couple from different spots and hit the green a couple times.

I could tell he wanted to be left alone as he wasn't super talkative.

iOS using Tapatalk

Very nice.

That sounds like a neat experience.

That's really cool! Sounds like a fun little experience.

Pretty cool...was he using his Big Break Staff bag?

wow that is so cool!!!!

Very cool. Carl was my favorite player from that season.

Cool stuff man, always neat to meet people like that!

Pretty cool...was he using his Big Break Staff bag?

No. He was walking with a stand bag. Lots of jamaican colors Not sure the brand. Could have been a school bag.

iOS using Tapatalk

While I never thought he'd win Big Break (impressed me with how close he came, though) I commented to my wife that although playing golf for a living may not work out for him, I thought he'd be the most successful in life.

He just seemed to have his act together, smart, charismatic. Thought for sure a corporation would have scooped him up after witnessing his personality.

Back