Polyester Golf shirts Too Hot

Grinder

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Does anyone else out there believe the new all Polyester Golf shirts are too hot?

I love the look, but to me, Cotton is more comfortable and therefore remains King!

No, not at all. Moisture wicking shirts aren't all created equal, but most are better than cotton any day of the week in my book.

Absolutely not in my case. If I wore cotton on the course which is not nearly as breathable, I would have a shirt sticking to me that would annoy the heck out of me and keep me more warm than I like.

Personally the poly polo's are better cause they breath more than cotton and wick away sweat which keeps you dry. On hot summer days here in GA if your wearing cotton your boiling. LOL

No, not at all. I find them to be very comfortable and breathable. Dry = Cool.

Nothing worse than carrying around a pound or two of sweat.

Not even a little bit, especially compared to cotton. During our time in Mytrle Beach, the humidity was awful, but these shirts were still much better than cotton ever would have been. It has been several years since I have worn a cotton polo, even during winter. I just don't like them.

As others have said, I prefer the polyester. Cotton sticks too much for me, and that's the most uncomfortable thing when I'm playing.

Not even a little bit, especially compared to cotton. During our time in Mytrle Beach, the humidity was awful, but these shirts were still much better than cotton ever would have been. It has been several years since I have worn a cotton polo, even during winter. I just don't like them.

Same.

Another benefit for me is that they just don't show sweat as much. For a pretty fit guy, I sweat A LOT and used to feel somewhat self-conscious with a cotton shirt sticking to me, darkened by sweat.

Not only do I feel cooler with the newer performance fabrics, I feel better too. :)

Wow, how do you keep from burning up in Missouri wearing cotton. Another month or two yes, but still way to hot here for anything but polyester and moisture wicking.

Wow I am not sure how you have seen this happening. I think polyester is 100% better than cotton for the golf course. It keeps you cooler and drier, not sure what else you want out of a polo

Was this started just to get a disturbance going?

Sent from my HTC One X

I love my polyester shirts.

+1

Love my Callaway and Puma golf shirts. The moisture wicking fabric is fantastic.

As someone said before me,not all poly shirts are equal . I have some that I can only wear during the cooler months,they are thicker then most others .

I prefer the new poly's that are designed for moisture wicking. Cotton is heavy and not fun to wear in the summer. I do agree with the OP about the older poly shirts. They get hotter than the new technology.

I prefer the new poly's that are designed for moisture wicking. Cotton is heavy and not fun to wear in the summer. I do agree with the OP about the older poly shirts. They get hotter than the new technology.

He didn't say the old shirts, though. He said the new ones.

Does anyone else out there believe the new all Polyester Golf shirts are too hot?

I love the look, but to me, Cotton is more comfortable and therefore remains King!

He didn't say the old shirts, though. He said the new ones.

Gotcha. Maybe it's the weight thing that a previous poster mentioned. I haven't had any issues with my newer poly's. They are my fav's.

I wore cotton before I got my first moisture wicking shirt... I'll never go back. I even where the moisture wicking shirts just to go to town or whatever.

I have three "Page & Tuttle" polyester polos and two from Kohls. They all feel too hot for me.

Either, the ones that I got are poor quality or my body just prefers cotton.

This is actually an interesting topic to me because of a review I did a couple months ago. Rick Martin, who is a big cotton shirt designer, basically has said what the OP said and is really quite smug about the whole thing.

I have three "Page & Tuttle" polyester polos and two from Kohls. They all feel too hot for me.

Either, the ones that I got are poor quality or my body just prefers cotton.

Try something from one of the golf brands. They are great.

Tapin for bird

Back