Pro Mental Coach Review - Forum Testing

Chunky, I'm pretty interested in how this ends up working for you. I know it's been said, but you really do have a similar situation to me and I don't think that the younger guys without the distractions that young kids bring will quite understand how tough it is to have time to really focus on something like this in that situation. Even 5 minutes can be hard to come by some evenings. Nothing against you other guys, by the way. It's just another thing I'm watching with this testing in addition to what you all are experiencing.

While I'm waiting the 20 minutes or so that this program seems to need to load for me, Hawk I do have to say that there are challenges for me. If I do it early in the morning, the kids are all over me for stuff. After work, I'm freaking exhausted. It's a cool testing though and so far I have enjoyed it. I did find myself practicing the breathing while driving to work this morning. Unfortunately for me, when I could have used the relaxation breathing technique during the hectic day, I did not think of it. Instead I had visions of clawing my coworkers eyes out

just caught up on the thread.... good stuff so far guys i'm leaning towards purchasing this and giving it a go. i think my mental game has improved a lot but i think if i want to play competitively next year i will need to be even sharper and it sounds like this could help me. Keep up the great work everyone!

Have you heard anything else regarding the software issues? I suppose it would be pretty tough to start all over with an install at this point.

Have you heard anything else regarding the software issues? I suppose it would be pretty tough to start all over with an install at this point.

I have been moved to 2nd level CS lol. Apparently my computer is an anomaly. It will get worked out I'm sure. A little frustrating though since I work from 9-9 right now and really can't communicate with the company. Not their fault, just the circumstances I am in. At least it is somewhat working now.

Yea, that makes it a little harder on their end. You're right though. At least you're able to do something. I'm not sure I'd be ok with it if I spent over $100 though. Not trying to be too negative about it, but I do think it's something worth discussing.

I agree. That is why I am touching on it. Customer service is vital and I have to say that in the beginning I felt like they dropped the ball a little bit. Right now they are on it though and it is more my schedule that is the problem. But the software does need some polish

2[SUP]nd[/SUP] exergame tonight is called The Caddy. I’ve already done this exergame. This is the game that you do some math to the right and clean clubs to the left. You need to keep track of the time that the clubs are lit as you only have a set time that you can clean(click) on them all the while you are doing the math that is to the right.

This one got rough. I felt like I was out of control a little bit in the middle. I was losing track of what clubs were lit up first and felt like I was taking a long time to answer the math questions. Actually got a math question wrong although I think it was because I just mishit a number. Hectic would be a word that would describe how I felt while taking this.

Results:
There were 34 club cleaning trials and I got 28 correct for a score of 79%
There were 40 math trials and I got 39 correct with an average time of 5.27 seconds
My score was -4
Global score was 100% with a Cumulative score of 98%.
The Comparison results had me at 100% and the Group was at 88%.

Coach Pahr is telling me to go up a level.

In looking at the results from the first time I did this game it looks like I did better the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] time. I went from a 95% the first time to a 100% the second time.

I am really following this closely as I am trying decide whether plunk down my hard earned cash on it.....I know I have some issues and I would love to work on them...but $139 seems a little steep.

Are you guys seeing noticable improvement in concentration and things ON THE COURSE? Do you think it's saving you strokes? Or is it too soon to make that call?

Are you guys seeing noticable improvement in concentration and things ON THE COURSE? Do you think it's saving you strokes? Or is it too soon to make that call?

TBT, I have to say i've noticed an improvement, if only a small one. keep in mind (unlike thainer) i havent' reached my second assessment as of yet.

When I won my city tournament this year, I was definitely in the zone. My concentration was on every single golf shot, and my focus was extremely high, particularly with putting. After I won the city tournament, I was exhausted, but it was that good kind of exhaustion where you know you put it all out there, succeeded, and it was worth it. After the city tournament, I was never able to get that focus back, and my game suffered pretty terribly for it, and then I lost confidence.

For that reason, I am watching this review thread closely. I know a lot of people have said it improves their focus. But the comment at the end of my online assessment said I'm selling myself short, which I assume means I lack confidence.

Does this program help build confidence in your game, and if so, how do you think it builds confidence?

~Rock

I wish this was closer to the $100 range. With the software glitches and it not being "polished" I'm a little worried about spending the cash on an unfinished product. Even if I do think it might help me improve.

When I won my city tournament this year, I was definitely in the zone. My concentration was on every single golf shot, and my focus was extremely high, particularly with putting. After I won the city tournament, I was exhausted, but it was that good kind of exhaustion where you know you put it all out there, succeeded, and it was worth it. After the city tournament, I was never able to get that focus back, and my game suffered pretty terribly for it, and then I lost confidence.

For that reason, I am watching this review thread closely. I know a lot of people have said it improves their focus. But the comment at the end of my online assessment said I'm selling myself short, which I assume means I lack confidence.

Does this program help build confidence in your game, and if so, how do you think it builds confidence?

~Rock

Well if you lost confidence in your game because you couldnt get into the zone again than I would say yes, it would help you get into the zone again. Ive felt it on a couple games where you just cant hear anything but your breath and youre flying through games.

My comments say I have too much confidence, and I dont think thats necessarily true..

FWIW I think the assessment parts of this program are not the greatest, and I dont see any relevance to them all. However I feel the games are solid, and teach great strategies and philosophies, and if you are wanting to track your progress, you should go by the game past and present results.

I hope I can play soon. I have not been able to play since I started this so I am excited to see how my mind has changed.

I wish this was closer to the $100 range. With the software glitches and it not being "polished" I'm a little worried about spending the cash on an unfinished product. Even if I do think it might help me improve.

I recommend everyone who is looking into this to pair up and split the 140+40(second purchase)

90 bucks each is better than 140$

I just played four exergames:

The Leaderboard
Driving Range
Game Recap
Magic 6

Although I have nothing to report on the playing of the games in the specifics, I have noticed something quite refreshing. My expectations are actually getting higher for these games. Im starting to show emotion when I make a mistake and I am really driven to get good scores. Even better is the fact that even when I feel like Ive had a poor game, my scores havent reflected it.

As a golfer I have a really low self esteem. I dont show much emotion mainly because I dont care. I hit the ball, find it, and hit it again. If I make a poor shot, I just shrug my shoulders and move on. And that was the way I had played these games, until the last few days and until my realization today. I was mad when I didnt make the right move or made an error. Not angry, just mad. I dealt with it and moved on. It was nice.

I miss caring about shots and I hope I can get that back. And if this game is any indication of that, I am certainly excited for my next round.

I have an odd question for testers, is this guy starting to freak you out:
ScreenShot2012-09-25at42145PM.png

I'm wondering if they could add a setting to give options of the picture.

Haha I dont really notice him, I mostly just pay attention to what he says.

i have no idea what happend to me on the course today but, my mental game eluded me right off the first tee. i couldnt' focus...i have had other things on my mind and just couldn't get locked in.

It happens gioguy. Were you trying to do the things and unable to do it or did you just lose it and not even try

i have no idea what happend to me on the course today but, my mental game eluded me right off the first tee. i couldnt' focus...i have had other things on my mind and just couldn't get locked in.

Did you try the meditation techniques? What happened when you tried them?

I'd love to hear more about your difficulties.

Well I’ve been slammed with life and have not been able to really update the thread. I tried playing some exergames the past few days but my focus was just not there. Today I just need to bear down and get it going again. First game is The Referee.

Object of the game is to determine which club a golfer is using. You see a golfer swing, and you quickly need to judge if it’s a wood or an iron. Press A for iron and S for wood. There are also some plaques at the bottom of the screen with names on them. If they match, press K. If different, press L. All this must be done as quickly as you can. There will also be times that FORE is yelled. When this happens you need to press the spacebar.
Results:
Well my results are skewed. For some reason the sound will work on the sound test but in the game I did not hear the Fore being yelled at all.
Clubs: 18 trials and 15 correct answers with a .67 mean time
Name: 18 trials and 10 correct answers with a 1.20 mean time
Fore: 6 trials and 1 correct answer with a 2.94 mean time

Apparently this is done in cycles and this was the first cycle. I quit after that as the sound was not working. This is the first test that I couldn’t complete. Not sure if it is the software or not, but the sound does work on my computer. I really need to get this ironed out soon or I may just pass this along so that someone else can properly test it. I’m feeling bad that the testing is not going well because of me.

Also wanted to comment on using the techniques in the real world. I have been having a bit of a tough stretch in life lately. Just a bunch of things slamming me in the face at once. For the past week while driving into work, I have been working on the breathing technique they teach. Basically they want you to take 6 deep breaths per minute. Each breath should last about 10 seconds. This type of breathing is supposed to calm you down. I have been working on it and today I will say that I was able to calm myself using this breathing.

I can also comment in the benefits this game has given me so far in real life situations. Tthe exergame that has helped me the most in real life thus fat is the Caddy game. It has really improved my ability to manage time and focus on a few tasks at once. It's especially helper in the peak heat of restaurant nights.

I can also comment in the benefits this game has given me so far in real life situations. Tthe exergame that has helped me the most in real life thus fat is the Caddy game. It has really improved my ability to manage time and focus on a few tasks at once. It's especially helper in the peak heat of restaurant nights.

What about during a round of golf? Any news on that or just life outside of golf so far?

What about during a round of golf? Any news on that or just life outside of golf so far?

I have been unable to get out do to some crazy change in my schedule. Should change soon though

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I haven't had the desire to play lately. Been so jammed with work and life as well. Looking to get out tomorrow though and looking forward to that!

Back