Project X HZRDUS Shaft Thread

I'm scared.

DSC_0790_zpsajycdxqq.jpg
7166954869_337df65a64.jpg
are-you-scared-yet1-300x213.jpg

I am super intrigued in these shafts, particuarlly the black. I am obsessed with my Handcrafted LZ, so naturally I want to see what these will do!

All ready to go. Now to decide which grip to put on. Thinking UTx.

Would like to get this on a monitor of some sorts ASAP.

6be006bac4584f0bef787fdae2aea95a.jpg

I didn't get along particularly well with the LZ that came stock in the XR, but I'm really intrigued by the HZRDUS black. Not sure spending $300 for a shaft is in the cards, but given the rave reviews, I feel like I need to try to find a way to at least try it out.

There are 30 of these in play this week on tour.

There are 30 of these in play this week on tour.

The pace at which these are being put into play is staggering for a graphite shaft.

The pace at which these are being put into play is staggering for a graphite shaft.

It really is. I mean crazy amount for a single model each week this early in the game.

Hmmmm... maybe I should do some more investigating....

Yellow seems like it would fit well with me.

It really is. I mean crazy amount for a single model each week this early in the game.

I was sitting here trying to think of when the last time we have seen something similar and though there have been some options out there that gained some solid traction, nothing like this though to my recollection....at least in a very long while (ProForce maybe?)...

I was sitting here trying to think of when the last time we have seen something similar and though there have been some options out there that gained some solid traction, nothing like this though to my recollection....at least in a very long while (ProForce maybe?)...
Rouge had a pretty quick following if I recall but didn't seem to last long.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

LB is right with Rogue.

Didn't the Rombax take off really fast as well?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Could it be the courses dictating the shaft right now? Early on in the season low spin low launch will help with the courses they're playing. The courses are anything but flat so getting the ball in the fairways with tons of roll out has to be priority right? Just a thought. I may be way off tho

Could it be the courses dictating the shaft right now? Early on in the season low spin low launch will help with the courses they're playing. The courses are anything but flat so getting the ball in the fairways with tons of roll out has to be priority right? Just a thought. I may be way off tho

Not IMO, remember, "low" is relative with these guys, nothing they hit is low. haha

Not IMO, remember, "low" is relative with these guys, nothing they hit is low. haha

Lol true. Only guy I've seen today hit a ball flight similar to mine is Joe Durant and he's playing in the champions tour event lol

More people need to see it in person and adjust their height expectations ;)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It really is incredibly just how high they all hit the ball. Staggering when you stand next to them really.

I like the low spin low launch shafts, really want to try this one out.

Got my first round in with the Black HZDRUS 60g today. Let me just say I walked away impressed. For those wonder, this shaft is STOUT. My first swing was had me definitely wanting to grab my other driver. Glad I didn't. I have this paired up with the J715 9.5* set in neutral. I was seeing lower ball flight that seemed to be a piercing flight. Hard to tell on distance and true flight as we had 20mph gusts and balls weren't rolling much. Can't wait to get this on a launch monitor.

Thanks for the feedback Matt. I am waiting on mine to get here and the stoutness has been something that's been on my mind. Did you feel like enough had to go at it more or did you just stay within your swing and let it be?

edit: how did it compare to the addi?

Thanks for the feedback Matt. I am waiting on mine to get here and the stoutness has been something that's been on my mind. Did you feel like enough had to go at it more or did you just stay within your swing and let it be?

edit: how did it compare to the addi?

Didn't change my swing or approach on the ball. My swing speed is between 100-105. Compared to the Ad-Di I was seeing a lower ball flight. I did turn on it once and usually end up losing the ball right, however ball was right down the middle and LONG.

Definitely want to get this out in optimal conditions with less wind.

Back