Push Cart Mafia member?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 290 58.8%
  • I have a part time membership.

Votes: 159 32.3%
  • Hard pass.

Votes: 44 8.9%

• Total voters
Asking for a friend, no seriously! My buddy's wife is asking me for help and I have no clue...

rechargeable/remote golf carts. She looking to spend up to $1500. Any recommendations or warnings?

thanks!
Try this:

Speaking of carts, it was so windy today that even with the break on the wind was blowing my cart down the fairway, lol.
That's crazy! I've never heard of that.

Try this:
MGI Zip Navigator AT (all terrain). Costco for $1,595 with seat, umbrella holder, drink holder. Free shipping. Has gyro to keep straight on hills, braking, remote control, lithium battery. Do not buy Bat Caddy - cheaper but will not hold up. MGI sold over 800 of these last month since courses are limited on electric carts due to one per cart as Covid 19 safety process.

I bought my push cart last year and used it once. I almost sold it and then this year happened and I have been walking exclusively and I love it. I enjoy the exercise and don't matter if it's cart path only. I love being able to walk right up to my ball. Just very relaxing being out walking and enjoying the game of golf.

I've only pushed or carried, (outside of highschool golf) maybe 15-20 times in my life. I've already played 39 rounds here in Western, N.Y and I believe all but two I pushed or carried, with most of them being a push cart.

Being without a job and access to the gym it's been a god send to be able to get out and at least walk 9 every day. I don't know about you guys, but I seem to play better walking. I want to discipline myself enough to stick with walking/pushing through the whole year, even when gas carts come back.

As someone who learned the game walking, I don't like riding. messes with my sense of rhythm and context. Like I get impatient having to go to a partners ball first vs just walking to mine. Disorienting is a good description.

The exception is when the summer temps get to 85 and above. Even if I'm out of sync I'd play better riding then walking on the back 9. I'm mid-50's and can't stay hydrated walking in that heat. 100oz of water and Gatorade and still dehydrated until the next day. A note on PUSHCARTs- I just don't want to carry a bag as heavy as my summer or winter bag gets and the pushcart lets me carry the weight without much impact.

I bought my push cart last year and used it once. I almost sold it and then this year happened and I have been walking exclusively and I love it. I enjoy the exercise and don't matter if it's cart path only. I love being able to walk right up to my ball. Just very relaxing being out walking and enjoying the game of golf.
This is usually the story of most, I know it was for me years ago, first time out was meh, then I let it sit a while, came back for some reason and fell in love.

I need to get my clicgear back. I think it rolls better than the big max I was using. Although that one might have better steering

First round of the year in the books with my new ClicGear 4.0. It really is a nice pushcart the only thing with mine was I couldn’t get the top part tight enough to not want to move up or down, it was snug but not tightly locked in. Anyone else have that issue?A2BB1ED7-8101-41D0-967E-8FF539B8186F.jpeg

First round of the year in the books with my new ClicGear 4.0. It really is a nice pushcart the only thing with mine was I couldn’t get the top part tight enough to not want to move up or down, it was snug but not tightly locked in. Anyone else have that issue?View attachment 8942203
I don't know anything about that issue, but I love the headcover on your driver! :LOL:

I love using my clic gear 3.0. I walk as much as I can on courses that don’t require carts.

I recently picked up a Sun Mountain pathfinder 3 cart and I dig it.
Hoping to find more courses locally that have walker-friendly twilight deals this summer.
I plan to take advantage.

Carts are allowed again here and I still want to walk. I may have to get a push cart instead of the pull one I have. I really didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I have. Golf is exercise again.

Dunno if it has been mentioned yet m, but another huge positive is the opportunity to walk as a four down the fairway. You can chat more with others and mix it up as you head down the fairway towards your ball. There’s no getting stuck in a cart with someone you can’t stand for 18 - if you walk you can avoid that person if you wish!

Play Bethpage often, and almost always push the cart. I was about to bail on the push cart thing and actually told someone they could have my cart. Fortunately they never came and picked up the cart and it sat there for almost a year. I will continue to use it until I find the right "electric" push cart.

I’ve always felt I played better walking. Last year after being diagnosed with multiple herniated discs, I see myself transitioning to a push cart to get exercise and save my back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ClicGear 3.5. Literally the only full rounds I haven't used it for in the past 2.5 years was on holiday and I didn't have it. Always walk and push.trolley3.jpg

Before this I never considered a push cart. I thought they were for old men and women. I only carried a few times a year and I thought the cost wasn't worth it. Having played this year 3 times already and twice without one I have changed my mind. Maybe its old age, maybe its how much easier it is on your shoulders but I am absolutely enjoying walking. Definitely considering picking up a good cart when they return in stock and will be doing it more.

So to answer your question, not yet but definitely considering it

The lack of shoulder strain was the first thing I noticed when switching from a pull cart to a push cart.
I also love having a place for scorecards, some extra room to carry jackets, drinks, etc.

And it's a ton more convenient when playing cart path only (compared to riding)

If I'm walking I'm carrying. If I could get a Rikshaw like the ones at Bandon, maybe. They allow those anywhere, even over the greens.

Curious if ClicGear is better than this one...

post-49-031261400 1300160041.jpgpost-49-040021600 1300160032.jpg

Curious what the selling points would be... difference major or minimal?

Back