Recap & Review - 2015 THP Legacy

Part of the struggle is due to the let down from not having something to play for, and my play while there. But it will pass and I'll stop beating myself up soon enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I'm the exact opposite, have played more post Legacy than I probably did prior, and it's more enjoyable. Feel so much more confident playing association and VSGA tournaments now, as everything pails in comparison from a nerves standpoint. Think I've played 7 rounds since Myrtle and might play again tomorrow. It's been invigorating playing the best golf of my life.

Now the range? That's a different animal... Have only been three times, and two of those times the kids came with (I.e. Not exactly a solid practice session)

I'm still playing, but not as much. A round a weekend so far.

I'm working on a swing change with my coach that I put off for Legacy so there's reason for me to keep doing work. It's nice though not feeling like I have to get out and do work every night.

I guess I'm saying I still have the drive to play, but it's a lot more fun and a lot less work now.

I have not had as much desire to play since Legacy. Ive played in my league and once or twice on weekend with no range time and thats showing. This coming week starts playoffs for my league so I will get in some needed range time to sort some things back out.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I have continued to play a decent amount after Legacy and man I am playing the best golf I have ever played. I am hitting the ball much better and loving these clubs. This event has been the best thing for my golf game.

I've played a bunch since getting home but that is only because I had a golf trip and a family vacation that required I play a bunch. I imagine once I'm home I will dial back my rounds for the sake of the family time I gave up beforehand.

Im going to ask a question for the participants and I hope all of them give it some thought and answer it. If you were a club company involved, do you believe you get much out of this post event? I ask this not as a negative or positive, but genuine question as its something that has been posed to me in the last few days.

Im going to ask a question for the participants and I hope all of them give it some thought and answer it. If you were a club company involved, do you believe you get much out of this post event? I ask this not as a negative or positive, but genuine question as its something that has been posed to me in the last few days.
Kind of depends on the company. With all due respect, none of the companies involved in the event were very engaged via social media so it's hard to promote and try to get the word out there for them. I don't mean that in a nasty way or anything. I realize that none of them have big social media departments or anything. In terms of on THP, I think Wilson has done really well for themselves. They have solid products and they are penetrating the market slowly but surely. At the very least getting the product in the hands of more people. Bridgestone is a pretty known commodity here on THP and they always bring it no matter what. With their multi year release cycle, it can be tough to hype up certain things when they are already documented but speaking for my guys alone, the Cast irons, putters and 815 were absolute home runs at the event and post event. I think the event generated alot of good equipment discussion that may not have occurred on the forum without it.

Kind of depends on the company. With all due respect, none of the companies involved in the event were very engaged via social media so it's hard to promote and try to get the word out there for them. I don't mean that in a nasty way or anything. I realize that none of them have big social media departments or anything. In terms of on THP, I think Wilson has done really well for themselves. They have solid products and they are penetrating the market slowly but surely. At the very least getting the product in the hands of more people. Bridgestone is a pretty known commodity here on THP and they always bring it no matter what. With their multi year release cycle, it can be tough to hype up certain things when they are already documented but speaking for my guys alone, the Cast irons, putters and 815 were absolute home runs at the event and post event. I think the event generated alot of good equipment discussion that may not have occurred on the forum without it.

I guess I am relating it strictly to THP post event since the event was hosted by THP. What happens on social media outside of it, is a different animal. Thank you for your response.

Interesting question. I think if the participants continue telling the story of the event and how the companies took care of us and what was provided then yes. To me each person is a spokesman for their respective company. The amount of people who's jaw just drops when you tell them about the event and what the companies did is staggering. The next time those guys go to buy clubs even if only a small percentage remember the story and look at clubs they may not have I feel the company is getting a good deal out of it after the fact.

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

I have tried to continue updating weekly or every couple weeks. I feel like Wilson increased their profile with this event. I have personally let about a dozen people hit my D200 driver. I don't know exactly what sort of impact is normal for an event like this, but I believe Wilson has definitely improved their image on THP over the last year, including this event. I honestly have no idea how much of a return they expect or experience when sponsoring an awesome event like this. If nothing else, they gained some believers, and I know between Legacy and Personal Distance they have sold at least 2 drivers and 2 sets of irons to my non-THP friends and family.

I think the heart of the question is getting lost. We aren't asking what each participant personally did, and we aren't asking about what happened leading up to or even at the event. We are asking about what has happened after the event. Put yourselves in the shoes of the company, do you (as the company) feel you got your return on investment?

Don't think of this as a what I did, but think of it more the group as a whole. It's a tough question to explain, and I know it's a question that is so easy to take personal and possibly even get offended or feel attacked and I can assure you that is in no way the purpose or meaning behind the question.

I guess I am relating it strictly to THP post event since the event was hosted by THP. What happens on social media outside of it, is a different animal. Thank you for your response.
If you are talking just THP then I think again as participants we need to do a good job of posting our thoughts on the clubs we got or balls or gloves etc after the fact . If that means in specific threads or even answering questions in the pondering thread. I view it again as being a spokesman for the company. We can be a voice for the company based on our own real world results and hopefully that helps guide people. Not everyone likes marketing speak but no one I know can deny real world results and that is something that should continue after the event for each company.

I think the heart of the question is getting lost. We aren't asking what each participant personally did, and we aren't asking about what happened leading up to or even at the event. We are asking about what has happened after the event. Put yourselves in the shoes of the company, do you (as the company) feel you got your return on investment?

Don't think of this as a what I did, but think of it more the group as a whole. It's a tough question to explain, and I know it's a question that is so easy to take personal and possibly even get offended or feel attacked and I can assure you that is in no way the purpose or meaning behind the question.
I'll be straight forward with it . It is 100% possible they get nothing out of it after the fact. That said I don't think that will ever happen just because if how amazing the membership at THP is. If the participants in the events stay engaged after the event the company is getting a ton out of it. I don't know that I can put a number on it but like I said before real world experiences move the needle for a lot of people with clubs.

I think the participants of each event determine how much or how little a sponsor gets out of an event. Also depends on what the sponsors expectations were heading into the event. I listed in my previous posts where an thought each company really shined when it came to THP. Heck even as a small example, Orange Hog mocking the Bridgestone 815 then hitting it and falling in love based on some of the feedback from some of the other Bridgestone staffers.

I think the companies do get something out of it post event. With so much talk there are bound to be members here who go out and purchase the products. Now is the ROI for the companies really that high, probably not for this specific event. I say that because there was no new equipment that hasnt already been reviewed on here months before this event took place. I think the ROI for Bridgestone was much bigger coming out of Bstone U in January than it will be out of Legacy.

Honestly I need to give this some thought.

I think the companies do get something out of it post event. With so much talk there are bound to be members here who go out and purchase the products. Now is the ROI for the companies really that high, probably not for this specific event. I say that because there was no new equipment that hasnt already been reviewed on here months before this event took place. I think the ROI for Bridgestone was much bigger coming out of Bstone U in January than it will be out of Legacy.

I agree with this assessment and would add that Wilson probably got a better bang for their buck with the Personal Distance event

I agree with this assessment and would add that Wilson probably got a better bang for their buck with the Personal Distance event

What about Bridgestone U?

Ok cool, but why does it have to come down to exposure to THP exposure ?

I will add Im also talking short term ROI in my first response. Because of going through the event I will want to support these companies for years to come and always talk about them in the most positive way to members and non members alike. So long term ROI will be greater than short term in my mind, which I guess would be the opposite effect on ROI of Bstone U.

Back