Recap Thread - 2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
man I really need left alone for a few hours to get this recap done

I really love this thread. There are so many memories we have of each other, our matches, conversations and more. I know its only going to keep getting better and better too

I cant wait for everyone to see the abundance of quality golf that was played by us hackers for 2 days

What an awesome event! Thanks for all of the recaps...even a newbie to THP can see what a special event this was and what a special group of people there are that make up THP. Thanks to Josh and Morgan and the rest of the THP crew for all of the hard work you continually do.

Can't wait to get to my recap on the golf matches........it will have to be done via video. Just too special not too.

I am going to try to put thoughts into words here from my experiences over the last week. I will not talk about rounds until after that knowledge is announced but I can right now talk about a few people that made event extra special for me.

One can not start thanking people connected to the Morgan Cup and not start with Morgan and Josh. You two continue to amaze the members of this forum with the things you pull off month in and month out. I will forever be thankful to you both that I was able to take part in such an event like this and create so many lasting memories

Team DotCom. Yes this is cliché but if I had to go through this all over again I would not want to do it with anyone other that the seven of you. This ride has been awesome due mostly to all the support and love there has been shared between us. I have enjoyed the texts and the e-mails and everything that we have shared through this ride. The support you all showed to me as I busted my ass to work on my game I will never forget and I am SO thankful for. Jeff and Dan, you two were amazing partners in our matches. And to my Captain Dean, thanks for taking a shot on a out of shape, high handicapper who you always believed in and would make a difference.

Volunteers: To all of you a big thank you!!! I can’t imagine how tough your jobs were and you all handled them great and the final product will show that when it is reveled.

Just a couple of quick shots to some of my 2013 Morgan Cup participants. (otherwise this will run forever)

TripleBogieTim. You have been my support system for the last year. From when I first decided I wanted to take a shot at being part of this great event, and then again once I got into it you have been with me every step of the way. You helped me with my videos, you were my sounding board when I was trying to figure out shafts for clubs and which clubs to get. You kept pushing me to improve and work on my game. You have talked me down off the ledge a few times and calmed me down a few more. You have been a wonderful friend through all of this and I love you for it!!. We joke about the “brother” thing but I really do feel that way about you my friend and I will always be there for you, as you have been for me.

Puttin4Bird – Jake, I am so happy for you! Yes I wanted that cup badly for several reasons but if I could not win it I am very happy you and your team did. We go back a long way on this site, through many outings and many crazy times. I look forward to adding one more chapter to that book in two months in Vegas. Maybe then we can tee it up together and you will quit ducking me!!! :p

David Kelly – You and I have had so many wonderful conversations of the last few months about golf and other things as well. I was overjoyed when I discovered my first match would be shared with you and Jarret. And you made it everything I thought it would be (without the alcohol of course) I can’t say I ever had a more enjoyable round of golf in my life. You and your lovely bride to be Regina are wonderful people and will always have a special place in my heart. And some day we will figure out why the heck you needed green toast in the middle of a golf match. :D This event is not the last we will see each other, you can bank on that one!!

One-T –Ever since I met you ,your brother and your uncle daddy at PGA in Florida we have been close. The fact that I was fortunate enough to share my first Morgan Cup match and my singles Morgan Cup match with you was huge to me. I was relaxed and not nervous at all ( except for those first tee shots ). I hope we get to share more great rounds of golf and more of life’s experiences together. And I promise every time you are in SoCal I will make the drive to grab a beer or a round of golf.

Chunky & Lambro2 – I am glad I got to enjoy a round with each of you. I have known you both far too long for this not to have happened sooner.

Wake – What you said to me Sunday on 17 I will never forget and I thank you for saying it to me.

Wadesworld – You sir are a wonderful man and I thoroughly enjoyed our two matches.

I am sure I am missing alot and I will try to add them into other recaps.

I'll be scrounging up a bunch of mementos from the weekend.. Looks like I am going to put together my first shadow box and it's going to be AWESOME (and probably a large one)!!!

I'll be scrounging up a bunch of mementos from the weekend.. Looks like I am going to put together my first shadow box and it's going to be AWESOME (and probably a large one)!!!
same here, the mrs bought one for me for fathers day, cant wait to fill that sucka up

When we weren't trying to take you out with shots on par 3's, we did hit some good shots.

Wait until you see Cookie's shot there on camera. Could have been so bad.

I am going to try to put thoughts into words here from my experiences over the last week. I will not talk about rounds until after that knowledge is announced but I can right now talk about a few people that made event extra special for me.

One can not start thanking people connected to the Morgan Cup and not start with Morgan and Josh. You two continue to amaze the members of this forum with the things you pull off month in and month out. I will forever be thankful to you both that I was able to take part in such an event like this and create so many lasting memories

Team DotCom. Yes this is cliché but if I had to go through this all over again I would not want to do it with anyone other that the seven of you. This ride has been awesome due mostly to all the support and love there has been shared between us. I have enjoyed the texts and the e-mails and everything that we have shared through this ride. The support you all showed to me as I busted my ass to work on my game I will never forget and I am SO thankful for. Jeff and Dan, you two were amazing partners in our matches. And to my Captain Dean, thanks for taking a shot on a out of shape, high handicapper who you always believed in and would make a difference.

Volunteers: To all of you a big thank you!!! I can’t imagine how tough your jobs were and you all handled them great and the final product will show that when it is reveled.

Just a couple of quick shots to some of my 2013 Morgan Cup participants. (otherwise this will run forever)

TripleBogieTim. You have been my support system for the last year. From when I first decided I wanted to take a shot at being part of this great event, and then again once I got into it you have been with me every step of the way. You helped me with my videos, you were my sounding board when I was trying to figure out shafts for clubs and which clubs to get. You kept pushing me to improve and work on my game. You have talked me down off the ledge a few times and calmed me down a few more. You have been a wonderful friend through all of this and I love you for it!!. We joke about the “brother” thing but I really do feel that way about you my friend and I will always be there for you, as you have been for me.

Puttin4Bird – Jake, I am so happy for you! Yes I wanted that cup badly for several reasons but if I could not win it I am very happy you and your team did. We go back a long way on this site, through many outings and many crazy times. I look forward to adding one more chapter to that book in two months in Vegas. Maybe then we can tee it up together and you will quit ducking me!!! :p

David Kelly – You and I have had so many wonderful conversations of the last few months about golf and other things as well. I was overjoyed when I discovered my first match would be shared with you and Jarret. And you made it everything I thought it would be (without the alcohol of course) I can’t say I ever had a more enjoyable round of golf in my life. You and your lovely bride to be Regina are wonderful people and will always have a special place in my heart. And some day we will figure out why the heck you needed green toast in the middle of a golf match. :D This event is not the last we will see each other, you can bank on that one!!

One-T –Ever since I met you ,your brother and your uncle daddy at PGA in Florida we have been close. The fact that I was fortunate enough to share my first Morgan Cup match and my singles Morgan Cup match with you was huge to me. I was relaxed and not nervous at all ( except for those first tee shots ). I hope we get to share more great rounds of golf and more of life’s experiences together. And I promise every time you are in SoCal I will make the drive to grab a beer or a round of golf.

Chunky & Lambro2 – I am glad I got to enjoy a round with each of you. I have known you both far too long for this not to have happened sooner.

Wake – What you said to me Sunday on 17 I will never forget and I thank you for saying it to me.

Wadesworld – You sir are a wonderful man and I thoroughly enjoyed our two matches.

I am sure I am missing alot and I will try to add them into other recaps.

I meant it 100% Rhino, I was proud of you buddy.

Wait until you see Cookie's shot there on camera. Could have been so bad.

Sounds like my Sunday on the 7th. I could have caught a ball without moving.

How big did you go?

not real sure, its in a bag at home, looked like maybe 3 feet wide and 3 high or so, I'll look when I get home

The 7th....is that the one that's like an island with that bunker all the way around it?

I HATE that hole.

JT,

There was absolutely no ill-intent in my words. What I was saying is that you're so good, yet such a regular guy. There's not a conceited bone in your body. I enjoyed every moment of our rounds together and look forward to many more.

Oh okay. I just misread that Wade. Thanks for the kind words. You were an awesome guy to play with. I hope we tee it up soon!!!

When we weren't trying to take you out with shots on par 3's, we did hit some good shots.

I'm glad I wasn't the only camera man being used as a target. The things we did to bring the best coverage we could.

The 7th....is that the one that's like an island with that bunker all the way around it?

I HATE that hole.

Waste bunker all up the right, a miss left isn't bad if the pin is front center. 8 is kinda like an island. Elevated green, evil bunker on the left.

Had a few of those. I had one on Sunday I about took in the head.. Moved just in time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back