Rocco Mediate No Longer With Callaway

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We just got confirmation from two sources that Rocco Mediate is no longer with Callaway Golf. No word on a new deal as of yet.

Maybe Cobra!
haha I suppose that wouldn't be the best fit.

• Admin
Maybe Cobra!
haha I suppose that wouldn't be the best fit.

Why? He plays GI irons? Who is the best fit? Jason Gore? JB Holmes?

Interesting. I'd love to know whose decision it was or if it was mutual.

Rocco seems like a swell guy. Any company would be lucky to sign him up.

Do the companies ever "fire" a player for lack of a better word? Like for poor play or poor decisions?

• Admin
Why? He plays GI irons? Who is the best fit? Jason Gore? JB Holmes?
I was just picturing him in one of Rickie Fowler's Puma outfits. :)
I'm assuming being signed by Cobra-Puma means you can't have just one or the other now, right? I could definitely see him with Cobra clubs, but not Puma at all.
All that being said, I would love it if it happened.

I'm assuming being signed by Cobra-Puma means you can't have just one or the other now, right? I could definitely see him with Cobra clubs, but not Puma at all.

Ideally they would love to make it an all or nothing deal but they are not doing that, at least not at this time.

As most know Rocco is one of my favorite players so I hope he finds a new sponsor. I am very curious to find out all the details on what happened.

TaylorMade

They dont have a single PGA player signed to both right now. Only Lexi Thompson overall I believe is both.

They dont have a single PGA player signed to both right now. Only Lexi Thompson overall I believe is both.
Right, but she was the only one signed after the buyout, right?
I don't know why, but I guess I just assumed that's the only way they were going to do it now. My bad.

Right, but she was the only one signed after the buyout, right?
I don't know why, but I guess I just assumed that's the only way they were going to do it now. My bad.

Its possible, but that would also then mean that IJP, Camilo, Anna, Rickie, etc... would all either leave or have to re-up under those conditions and I can tell you there are a couple of those that will NEVER do that. I look at the deal similar to the adidas/Taylormade deal. There are many guys that are signed to one or the other right now in sports.

*GG is now boycotting all Callaway products* j/k

How soon would it take him to get new gear to play the next tournament?

really? can he still use Callaway gear if he chooses? He just can't use their staff bag or wear their clothing?

I've been a Rocco fan for a while. It'll be interesting to see what he ends up playing...

really? can he still use Callaway gear if he chooses? He just can't use their staff bag or wear their clothing?

Sure depending on what new deal he has in the works. We know 2 companies have been talking to him for the last few days now.

rocco sweats a lot! i like that! shows that he's mortal.

sucks that callaway and rocco split, seemed like a good thing. i love that commercial where he's banging balls out of the trailer (diablo commercial if i recall).

someone will be happy to put him in their stable. good luck rocco!

dude imagine Rocco in Rickie Fowlers all Orange im sorry but sherbet isn't the ideal color for old Rocco. maybe the Mint and white get up that Rickie used during the Quail Hollow Championship

I don't think we'll see him go the ryan moore route, I have a feeling he'll end up with cleveland. Also another thought, I know Williams has come out with drivers and woods/hybrids, are they anywhere close to irons yet? Would be interesting if they went after him.

edit: just found their website, they do have irons.

I don't think we'll see him go the ryan moore route, I have a feeling he'll end up with cleveland. Also another thought, I know Williams has come out with drivers and woods/hybrids, are they anywhere close to irons yet? Would be interesting if they went after him.

edit: just found their website, they do have irons.

Here are teh irons.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?12417-Williams-FW32-Irons&highlight=williams

By Ryan more route do you mean losing your sponsors or leaving your sponsors and signing with other companies? I mean he has deals with the golf ball, the shoes, and his clubs now. Great marketing on his part to work it to his favor though. Haha

Edit: Perhaps Garret Willis should be the guy that people speak of about this stuff. The guy with the blank white hat right now. Not the guy with the logo on his hat that he is sponsored by giving him a percentage of the company.

All of this is my opinion only obviously.

Here are teh irons.
http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?12417-Williams-FW32-Irons&highlight=williams

By Ryan more route do you mean losing your sponsors or leaving your sponsors and signing with other companies? I mean he has deals with the golf ball, the shoes, and his clubs now. Great marketing on his part to work it to his favor though. Haha
Yeah that doesn't actually fit anymore does it, kind of silly on my part considering I knew he had something worked out with scratch. I guess I just meant building his bag kind of like the average golfer, but with sponsors...if that makes sense.

I see him going to Titleist or maybe even Taylormade.

Talked to Rocco a little today at the JDC. He's a very funny guy. I tried to peek at his driver, but couldn't get an eye on it. One thing that was odd was that his caddy was carrying a stand bag. I suppose that makes more sense now.

Back