Rocco Mediate No Longer With Callaway

man, i don't know if all that is confirmed or not, it's just something that a friend of mine emailed me yesterday, and he's in the know.

Oh, ok. I think it would be beneficial for him to go with the speedline, to make up for his lack of power

Oh, ok. I think it would be beneficial for him to go with the speedline, to make up for his lack of power

i'm just more interested to see if what my buddy told me comes true!!

i'm just more interested to see if what my buddy told me comes true!!

That would be awesome. "Hey dude, is Tiger gonna leave Nike?"

"Yes, for Hammer Golf. PPPOOOOWWWW!"

I think Snicker had said the same thing.....sounds plausible
heard from a friend of mine yesterday that has a little inside scoop and here's what he says:

he said that rocco and callaway kind of got into it b/c rocco wanted to play this long cameron putter and callaway wanted him to play the odyssey, it got a little heated, then voila, rocco's no longer a callaway guy.

Id fire him for wanting to use one of those stupid, long putters too.

Got my copy of Golf World before I left for this trip and there was a snippet in it on Rocco leaving Callaway.

Two things...

1. I just found out today that Rocco is now a member of my club.

2. Rumor around the club (where he recently played in a member event) is that he's switching to Adams woods and Titliest irons.

Take it for what it is...I'm sure we'll all know soon enough what he's going to be playing.

Two things...

1. I just found out today that Rocco is now a member of my club.

2. Rumor around the club (where he recently played in a member event) is that he's switching to Adams woods and Titliest irons.

Take it for what it is...I'm sure we'll all know soon enough what he's going to be playing.

I thought he lived in Naples? Live up there too?

He grew up in Western PA and still has family (and a house here). I know he belongs to at least two clubs in the area.

has anyone found out where he went JB was his new gear on the D survey?

has anyone found out where he went JB was his new gear on the D survey?

He has not signed with anybody according to the survey.

Could have been a good target for Cobra, given recent developments on their roster!

he just doesnt fit the Puma/Cobra mold to me they are trying to get the young "cool" crowd and i just dont see Rocco in one of Fowler's sherbet orange outfits.

he just doesnt fit the Puma/Cobra mold to me they are trying to get the young "cool" crowd and i just dont see Rocco in one of Fowler's sherbet orange outfits.

True, but he could play the clubs without being tied to Puma.

I don't really understand Cobra's pitch in that direction, since the guys I see getting the most out of their clubs in the past (my experience only) have been the older generation, benefitting from the technology, offset woods etc.

True, but he could play the clubs without being tied to Puma.

I don't really understand Cobra's pitch in that direction, since the guys I see getting the most out of their clubs in the past (my experience only) have been the older generation, benefitting from the technology, offset woods etc.

Rocco is not a spring chicken any longer although he still has a good game. As far as Cobra just being for old farts like me, how about Alexis Thompson who is 15 years old and just signed with Cobra? I believe in the next couple of years you guys are going to be surprised about the age of some of the new crop of Cobra tour players. Myself like Callaway, has a friend up the ladder in the Cobra industry who has leaked out a couple of young stars who are in the works. Do you seriously think Puma bought Cobra to make toys for just old men like myself? If you do you might be surprised sooner than later :eek:)......

Cobra is definitely not a fit for Rocco. However they are getting younger. They want all young stars in fact. They only have handful of touring pros left, but they will be signing in talent in the offseason for sure. They have to after losing Camilo.

As for somebody up the ladder leaking stars that are in the works. Better tell him to keep a lid on a few of those. They could get some enemies real fast that way. The fact is that there are 19 major names or popular guys that have their contracts up or will technically be free agents at the end of the 2010 season. Puma/Cobra will certainly try to grab their share of the pool. In two years they have lost Ogilvy and now Villegas. They have to make up for that with front line signings.

Cobra is definitely not a fit for Rocco. However they are getting younger. They want all young stars in fact. They only have handful of touring pros left, but they will be signing in talent in the offseason for sure. They have to after losing Camilo.

As for somebody up the ladder leaking stars that are in the works. Better tell him to keep a lid on a few of those. They could get some enemies real fast that way. The fact is that there are 19 major names or popular guys that have their contracts up or will technically be free agents at the end of the 2010 season. Puma/Cobra will certainly try to grab their share of the pool. In two years they have lost Ogilvy and now Villegas. They have to make up for that with front line signings.

I agree 100%......

Rocco is not a spring chicken any longer although he still has a good game. As far as Cobra just being for old farts like me, how about Alexis Thompson who is 15 years old and just signed with Cobra? I believe in the next couple of years you guys are going to be surprised about the age of some of the new crop of Cobra tour players. Myself like Callaway, has a friend up the ladder in the Cobra industry who has leaked out a couple of young stars who are in the works. Do you seriously think Puma bought Cobra to make toys for just old men like myself? If you do you might be surprised sooner than later :eek:)......

Sorry Gray, I didn't mean it to come over like that! I didn't mean that they were pitching that way, just that the majority of their product lines, historically I guess, seemed to fit that bit of the market. Suppose this was done to stop them overlapping on the Titleist lines.
It's good to see them go for the younger crop. I really like the Puma brand too, and this could be the making of Cobra....if a couple of their younger charges take off like Ricky Fowler.

Totally agree that Rocco doesn't quite fit in with their direction now.

Sorry Gray, I didn't mean it to come over like that! I didn't mean that they were pitching that way, just that the majority of their product lines, historically I guess, seemed to fit that bit of the market. Suppose this was done to stop them overlapping on the Titleist lines.
It's good to see them go for the younger crop. I really like the Puma brand too, and this could be the making of Cobra....if a couple of their younger charges take off like Ricky Fowler.

Totally agree that Rocco doesn't quite fit in with their direction now.

No problem good buddy. You have a great weekend and we wish you could come to the USA and West Palm Beach for the outing!

No problem good buddy. You have a great weekend and we wish you could come to the USA and West Palm Beach for the outing!

:highfive: I'll have to make do with the reports and reviews on this one, but I'd love to be there. Maybe next time though!

Hey JB any word on this im not sure if he has played really but if he has whats the D. survey say

Hey JB any word on this im not sure if he has played really but if he has whats the D. survey say

What are you looking for? WITB? or if he has signed? The Survey does not include what his sponsor is.

i figured it would either show bag manufacturer letting us speculate or if he switches from his callaway irons that could be a good hint. just trying to get an idea i like seeing what pros play and when they change around its always fun to try to guess where they will end up and what they will play

Back