SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

LW - I think the distance difference when choked down are going to be an individual item. The documentation specified how to use the markings on the grips to choke down effectively, but I don't remember seeing anything on expected distances if you did so. However, I think this is what the bag tag is supposed to help you document. For each club, it has a spot for you to record your own expected distance for square-face/full length, open-face/full length, square-face/choked down, and open-face/choked down.

^^^^^What he said^^^^

I couldnt have explained it any better

LW - I think the distance difference when choked down are going to be an individual item. The documentation specified how to use the markings on the grips to choke down effectively, but I don't remember seeing anything on expected distances if you did so. However, I think this is what the bag tag is supposed to help you document. For each club, it has a spot for you to record your own expected distance for square-face/full length, open-face/full length, square-face/choked down, and open-face/choked down.

Thanks ad.
I thought I saw something that referred to it but I couldn't remember where.

Great write ups so far testers. Distance control is something I think every golfer struggles with and I think this might be one of the most watched thread out there. It's something that could lower scores, which we all want!

Great write ups so far testers. Distance control is something I think every golfer struggles with and I think this might be one of the most watched thread out there. It's something that could lower scores, which we all want!

Agreed dude! These wedges seem amazing.

Cheers for the comments guys! I had a lot of fun with the unboxing as did my furball. I guess boxes from Texas that went through UPS packing sites smell good because he won't leave the box alone.

Thank you for the detailed write up Griff, well done. I love that it was all focused on the 60* this time. I know you've mentioned things here and there and that its still early in the testing but what do you think about the v-sole? I know I love it, I just like to keep picking you guys brains about it as well.

I'm going to be harping on this a lot as I go through the review (sole is the most important part of an iron/hybrid/wedge head for me) but wanted to share a qukck observation/question. As a sweeper, bounce is rather important to me and for the most part I'll be playing shots on the short end of the vsole. What I notice when I lay it down to get that effect is my hands get a little further in front of the ball then I'm use to. It also makes me lean my weight more forward on the higher lofted clubs due to the shaft length. Does anyone else find that? So far I'm thinking it's a neat feature to remind one to put their weight forward when chipping (or at least that's what I've been taught), espcially with short, touchy shots around the green. I'm very curious to see how this works out with 3/4 or full shots from the fairway especially with the 43 which is my 9 iron replacement. When I normally take a 9 iron shot I'm balanced in my weight rather then a bit forward. Going to be rather neat to see.

Question for the testers:

I know that SCOR system would rather the player choke down than hit a 1/2 or 3/4 wedge shot.
Did any of the personalized paperwork sent to you guys say what kind of distance each choke down spot on the grips should produce?
For example - 60° full shot would be say 80 yds. Choke down an inch for 75 or two inches for 70. Anything like that?

For what it's worth Lemmiwinks you're going to see a lot of info along those lines come from me. I'm a big fan of the Pelz way of making the 4 clock rotation shots at different grip levels. With the clearly laid out grip markers and the clock system I'm really hoping to be able to dial the distance of each club down to a very small distance variable.

Great write-up Griff.

great write up griff.

great write up griff.
Man, everyday I get closer to buying these things.....

Thanks for the write-up Griff and the vid Mc.

All these well done reviews are really pushing me towards these clubs.
Keep up the good work!

Thanks fellas. And guys, there is a 60 day guarantee. Check out their website or give them a call. Not trying to push anyone to buy anything, not the point. Just throwing that out there as I don't think it's been discussed.

Thanks fellas. And guys, there is a 60 day guarantee. Check out their website or give them a call. Not trying to push anyone to buy anything, not the point. Just throwing that out there as I don't think it's been discussed.

Great point and really great reviews. 60 days is more than enough time to know if they will work for your game. Props to SCOR...

That is a great point that I had forgotten seeing Griff. Great to see a company stand behind their product like that, but from my early testing, I wager they don't have many people who want to return them.

V Sole makes me very comfortable. I am very conscious of my lie when I take any sort of shot off any sort of grass. I am much more focused on making good ball contact rather than stressing about my lie when I use the SCORs. Yes you have to make the right type of shot based on the lie, but once I am setup to make that shot I don't worry about it any more.

What about the V sole makes you so comfortable? Is it just a trust factor?

Wow didnt know that. Still doesnt help unless they start making clubs that face the wrong way.. 60 Days is awesome though and plenty of time to decide if they are for you or not

Makes it a lot easier to consider buying them if you have 60 days to see if you like them or not. Not something you find everyday.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Great stuff guys! Also, thanks for the response AD!

What about the V sole makes you so comfortable? Is it just a trust factor?

Trust is a good word TC. One less thing to clutter my mind at address.

Was able to get 9 holes in this morning. Temperature was 52 degrees with rain and swirling winds, 10-15 MPH I will guess. Great golf weather right? I had every intention of doing more video, but the rain really made it impossible. My camera is not water proof.

Going to do a couple posts breaking down my thoughts. Not going to do a hole by hole breakdown as I didn't keep a score and I was playing 2-3 balls from manufactured lies and distances. No bunker play today, they were in really bad shape. Was wet all day and the grips held up very well. Toward the 8th hole my right hand was beginning to slip a little, but the left was not slipping at all. Like these grips just as much as the New Decade Multi Compounds I have on my irons.

60* SCOR

I took a different approach with the 60 today. At the range I hit nothing but full shots and was seeing some big variances in distance. I decided to use the club for pitches and chips so I could get more comfortable with the club. Now I am hooked. The 60 combined with the 55 make a great combo around the green.

I hit 5 greenside chips from about 20 yards on the first hole, fairway lie. Choked all the way down. 1st shot came up about 10 feet short as the ball had very little run out, ball had a little spin on it I wasn't expecting. Adjusted and the next 3 were all within 6 feet. Nice soft landings with very predictable roll out. I tried to get tricky on the 5th and tried a flop. Flopped it pretty good, only went 10 yards though. Flop shot is not something I do unless I have no choice.

On the 3rd I hit 5 shots from 30 yards, fairway lie. Choked all the way down. Ball one came up really short, didn't make it to the green. 2nd shot had the distance but I wasn't lined up right. Dropped down 10 feet left of the pin, left a small divot, and rolled forward about 3 feet. 3rd shot was on line and 10 feet short, plopped down, zero roll. 4th shot I opened up a little and took a more aggressive swing. Nice high pitch that landed 6 feet right of the hole, made a divot, and rolled back 2 feet. 5th shot I hit fat, hit in front of the green, 8 or so feet of roll...maybe 20 feet left to hole.

8th hole I gave myself some really bad lies greenside about 20 feet from the pin. These lies were really bad, thick heavy wet grass. 5 shots again. I opened my stance slightly and closed down the club face. First shot was a little hot and it luckily hit the pin or it would have gone 20 feet past the hole. 2nd shot, made it. Ball landed halfway to the hole, hopped, checked a little, and rolled right in. 3rd shot was similar to the 2nd, wound up 2 feet from the hole. 4th shot 5th shot, more of the same. Hop, a little check and a couple feet to the hole. I didn't give my lie a 2nd thought after setup. I let the SCOR do its thing and it cut through the grass beautifully.

9th hole I wanted to do some touchy shots. Pin was about 8 feet from the back fringe. I gave myself a lie in the rough, not bad lies, just made sure I had grass behind the ball. Total distance for the 5 shots was 10-12 feet. Slightly open stance and open club face. Goal here was to control the ball as much as possible. 1st shot I hit past the pin and almost off the front of the green. I was way too handsy. Firmed up my wrists for the 2nd and hit the ball about 4 feet plus 2 feet of roll. 3rd landed closer to the pin but rolled out 10 feet. 4th shot was what I was looking for. Hit it about 8 feet with a couple feet of roll out. Ball was about 1 foot from the hole. 5th shot another handsy one that came out low and rolled forever and a day past the hole. Lesson here is don't get too handsy.

I am glad I went to this approach with the 60. I am beginning to see it's a very versatile club that will take a little time to master. Gained a lot more confidence in the 60 today. Great out of bad lies....great is an understatement. Really nothing like it for comparison. We've all had those little chips in bad lies that seem to grab the wedge and result in a bladed shot across the green or a 3 foot chip. The 60 was brilliant out of all the lies I threw at it. Fantastic feel as well. Nice little pop on contact.

Nice write up Griff. Did you concentrate today on just the 60, or are you just breaking up your posts that way? I love the club, but I certainly need to work on my confidence with it. Perhaps taking a day with just one club is a viable way to do that.

I will be getting out and playing 9 today after work. I will be playing in what we call a "dog fight". The way it works is...you have a certain amount of points you have to cover. Once you cover those points then you are "scoring". I have to cover 14 points for 9 holes. Bogey=1 Par= 2 Bird=4 Eagle = 8. This is going to be a great test for my SCORs today. In 9 holes i truly hope to score at least an 18. But we will see. This is my first go at this dog fight.

That sounds like a blast. After watching your previous videos, I'm sure you'll have no problems making that goal.

Cheers for the comments guys! I had a lot of fun with the unboxing as did my furball. I guess boxes from Texas that went through UPS packing sites smell good because he won't leave the box alone.

I'm going to be harping on this a lot as I go through the review (sole is the most important part of an iron/hybrid/wedge head for me) but wanted to share a qukck observation/question. As a sweeper, bounce is rather important to me and for the most part I'll be playing shots on the short end of the vsole. What I notice when I lay it down to get that effect is my hands get a little further in front of the ball then I'm use to. It also makes me lean my weight more forward on the higher lofted clubs due to the shaft length. Does anyone else find that? So far I'm thinking it's a neat feature to remind one to put their weight forward when chipping (or at least that's what I've been taught), espcially with short, touchy shots around the green. I'm very curious to see how this works out with 3/4 or full shots from the fairway especially with the 43 which is my 9 iron replacement. When I normally take a 9 iron shot I'm balanced in my weight rather then a bit forward. Going to be rather neat to see.

For what it's worth Lemmiwinks you're going to see a lot of info along those lines come from me. I'm a big fan of the Pelz way of making the 4 clock rotation shots at different grip levels. With the clearly laid out grip markers and the clock system I'm really hoping to be able to dial the distance of each club down to a very small distance variable.

I'm not familiar with the Pelz process, but you are the second that I remember seeing mention it with regards to the SCOR clubs. Guess I need to do some research...

I hit all 4 today Md. Just breaking it up for my sake. Helps me organize things and hopefully it's easier to read.

Wow even more reason to try these for the hard pan around here. As if the reviews weren't enough :)

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Great job on the reviews everyone. I've missed a bit here and there, but trying to catch all the reviews. I really have to think these would be a great fit for our course conditions here. Keep up the great job!

Are the grips on these SCOR wedges built up to facilitate choking down on the clubs? Or are they standard/built to your specs?

Are the grips on these SCOR wedges built up to facilitate choking down on the clubs? Or are they standard/built to your specs?

My grips are standard. I know having extra wraps is available. Choking down is not awkward at all. Club feels really good choked all the way down.

My grips are standard. I know having extra wraps is available. Choking down is not awkward at all. Club feels really good choked all the way down.

Thanks for the quick response. I am very interested in seeing the V-sole up close. Do you know if this is the same sole on the Eidolon wedges or has it been altered?

Thanks for the quick response. I am very interested in seeing the V-sole up close. Do you know if this is the same sole on the Eidolon wedges or has it been altered?

Never handled an Eidolon wedge so I don't know. Let me see if I can put up a quick video of the sole.

nothing is quick with HD video, uploading now....

Last edited:

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I had this photo available.

IMG_3707.jpg

My brother has the SCOR's and the Eidolon's and the V Sole's look identical.

My brother has the SCOR's and the Eidolon's and the V Sole's look identical.

I covet these in lefty, but to my knowledge they do not exist. Does anyone know if lefty love is coming in the future with these wedges?

I went back out to the range tonight intending to run through all of the clubs again and recheck my average distances. Tonight I started with the 60 after warming up and I was hitting it a ton better. My distance average the other night was a pitiful 50 yards. Tonight, was closer to the 70-75 that I was expecting from it. I was pretty excited by that, so I jumped to the 45 hoping to see a similar jump, and I was not disappointed. My previous average was 111 yards, and tonight I hit 125-130 ball after ball. Even mishits were better this evening than my best the other night.

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, the breeze in my face turned into wind in a big way right as I was finishing with the 45 and starting on the 50. I went from 125 yard 45's to 80 yard 50's. It was like someone flipped a switch on a gigantic fan. I went back to the 45 and could barely get 100 out of it if I nuked it. So I switched gears and started trying to learn how to flight the ball down. It took me some time but I was able to lower the ball flight by almost half (at apex) without losing a great deal of overall distance. As I figured the swing and ball position out I started to regain some of the lost distance. Once I got comfortable with the ball position and swing I was back up to 115 on average. Given that I never really concentrated on flighting the ball before I was pretty happy with the result and the relative ease with which I could change the shape of the shot. Once comfortable with everything I took a few swings with the Burner 2.0 PW to see if I could lower the ball flight effectively, but I could not achieve similar results. The ball just wants to jump into the air off that club.

Back