Shaft Weight - THP TV

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV talks with a shaft expert about shaft weight and how it relays to tempo and flex.

Light weight low.spin, who knew. I.always though you had to go heavy for that combo.

Very informative and interesting interview. Great job Dan!

Some great information Dan. Thanks.

Good information in this vid, Dan. I was one of those who gravitated to heavier shafts in an attempt to"calm" my swing.

Great stuff, well done Dan, great questions & surprising responses to me.

Did he say 39g and lower spin? Wow. Learning more about shafts everyday. This is very good stuff. Great job, Dan!

Learned a little about shaft weights and spin here. Thanks.

This was a great video. Never knew there was some light weight low spin shafts out there. I guess it's time I do my homework as well.

very good interview. definitely learned something here. i have always gone heavy shaft to knock down spin

Very informative interview Dan.

Very interesting, especially for someone like me who doesn't know that much about shaft weights and the 'supposed' rules for choosing them, thanks Dan

Great job Dan and a some good information.

Great stuff, Dan. Those are two shafts I am hoping to try.

Great interview Dan.

This basically throws the internet golfer mentality out the window. So much great info in a relatively short interview.

Definitely some new info contrary to popular thought. Speaks volumes about a good fitting! Great interview Dan!

Excellent Dan, something I've always wondered about.

Haha...crazy! I woke up thinking about driver shaft weight for some reason...and POW....THP and Dan lays down some edumacation!
Well done!

Great interview Dan.

This basically throws the internet golfer mentality out the window. So much great info in a relatively short interview.

One of our goals talking with some of the brightest minds in the shaft business.

After the show, I was ready to completely re-evaluate my thoughts on shafts as a whole, especially pertaining to weight and spin. Glad you are all finding insight in these videos.

One of our goals talking with some of the brightest minds in the shaft business.

After the show, I was ready to completely re-evaluate my thoughts on shafts as a whole, especially pertaining to weight and spin. Glad you are all finding insight in these videos.

You said it straight in the video, most of use relate spin and weight in some way. Amazing to hear from the minds behind the technology and really how much goes into the products being produced in today's game. Makes me realize how little I know about golf equipment.

You said it straight in the video, most of use relate spin and weight in some way. Amazing to hear from the minds behind the technology and really how much goes into the products being produced in today's game. Makes me realize how little I know about golf equipment.

I think I should have been able to debunk this myself after what I've tried in the past but I've always tried to find a low spin shaft, and then immediately go to a heavier weight to bring down spin as much as possible. The reality is that we can find low spin in a lightweight combo with the technology presented to consumers nowadays, and our options are nowhere near as limited as we seem to think.

it's great stuff.

This thread really surprised me as well. I haven't really shopped around for lighter shafts that are low spin.

I struggle with closing the face with the driver on the downswing, despite being closed at the top of my swing. I wondered if my 80+ gram 8.3 TS X shaft played a roll with my problem and picked up a 7.3 TS in Stiff and it did help me hit consistently straighter shots, but they went a mile high and took about 30 yards of carry off my drives.

This gives me hope that there is something in between. Maybe something made by UST?

I think I should have been able to debunk this myself after what I've tried in the past but I've always tried to find a low spin shaft, and then immediately go to a heavier weight to bring down spin as much as possible. The reality is that we can find low spin in a lightweight combo with the technology presented to consumers nowadays, and our options are nowhere near as limited as we seem to think.

it's great stuff.

Hopefully information like this takes some of the ego out of the internet golfer mentality.

People will always have preferences in weight, but hopefully being educated helps get people in the right equipment.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Very interesting. You learn something everyday.

~Rock

Dan, great job dude.

SO MUCH INFO, and SOOOOO much squashing of the preconceptions on shaft weight from Don. Love these videos.

Back