Spieth Can Grab #1 - Is He The Best In The World?

I dont think theres any question that Speith is the best golfer in the world right now. Rory hasnt been the same ever since he switched to Nike and Tiger is a joke.

McFly!

He is the best in the world right now in my opinion. He is having both a great year, and has been phenomenal in the last several tournaments. Tough to argue anyone else in my opinion.

I dont think theres any question that Speith is the best golfer in the world right now. Rory hasnt been the same ever since he switched to Nike and Tiger is a joke.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm, but if not Rory has not been the same since switching to Nike? Oh I assume you mean yes that's the case because he was good before and then switched and became the number one player in the world including multiple majors.

I think Speith is better than Rory when they don't have their best games.
I don't think Rory has a peer when he's firing on all cylinders though.

Except for those two major wins and two WGC events. And a few other wins. Not too bad really.

Except for those two major wins and two WGC events. And a few other wins. Not too bad really.

But if you dont count those he has done nothing...:banghead:

I certainly consider him the best player in the world and I root for him like one so yeah

Its also interesting to hear some people talk about class as if Rory is lacking in that department. He seems to be a model tour player from most accounts. Not sure where the bad wrap came from, because frankly they both seem similar in that area.

I wasn't implying that Rory is lacking in the class department, it was more a comment on how much class Jordan showed in defeat at The Open....being there to greet ZJ after his win really showed what a great guy Jordan is....no knock on Rory at all.

Given the results, it's hard to argue Spieth hasn't been the best this year so far. However, I still believe Rory's best is a lot better than Spieth best. I think Spieth is the better putter of the two, but if Rory's game is on, that doesn't even matter. But it seems like Spieth' commitment is better. I always have the feeling this kid gives it his all, where with Rory, I often have the feeling his body is at the course, but his mind is somewhere else.

As with most sports, the rankings are mostly bollocks, but I think it would be difficult to argue against Jordan Speith being the best player right now. I think if Speith and McIlroy start sparring tournaments like we're all hoping, this could do a lot more for golf than even Tiger did. It was great watching Tiger destroy fields whilst on a charge, but it will be even better watching these 2 in full flow go toe to toe.

As with most sports, the rankings are mostly bollocks, but I think it would be difficult to argue against Jordan Speith being the best player right now. I think if Speith and McIlroy start sparring tournaments like we're all hoping, this could do a lot more for golf than even Tiger did. It was great watching Tiger destroy fields whilst on a charge, but it will be even better watching these 2 in full flow go toe to toe.

Spot on. A good rivalry would be really good for golf as a sport something to get people excited about. With the way Rory used social media to announce his return for this event a rivalry between Rory and Jordan could be quite entertaining. I don't know how well Jordan or Jordan's support staff uses social media though.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Spot on. A good rivalry would be really good for golf as a sport something to get people excited about. With the way Rory used social media to announce his return for this event a rivalry between Rory and Jordan could be quite entertaining. I don't know how well Jordan or Jordan's support staff uses social media though.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Agree with you strongly. Anyway two great golfers are doing well now and we can enjoy the good rival battle with some feelings no matter who wants to win.

Probably very good joy for a while to see the guys play. I want to support both.

Its also interesting to hear some people talk about class as if Rory is lacking in that department. He seems to be a model tour player from most accounts. Not sure where the bad wrap came from, because frankly they both seem similar in that area.

I agree JB. The best thing about all of this to me is that both guys seem ( you never truly know I guess ) to be model citizens on and off the course, as well as tremendous competitors inside the ropes. This is a great time for golf imo..

I think it was Fupy that said Speith has to have some dead hookers in his closet or something. Dude seems too good to be true.

And yes, he's the best in the world right now. Although, I'd love to see Rory come out and put up a low number today.

I think it was Fupy that said Speith has to have some dead hookers in his closet or something. Dude seems too good to be true.

And yes, he's the best in the world right now. Although, I'd love to see Rory come out and put up a low number today.
That sounds like Fupi Logic.

Back