Q-STAR TOUR is a tour ball, right? Or do you mean just glossy over matte?

Your right, it is a multi piece ball with a urethane cover so it should be. I just don't put it in the same category as the Z star. Right or wrong.. But the matte for me is a no go. I don't like it at all.

I'd try them I think. I'm sure at first it could take some getting used to, but it seems like a neat concept.

I'll pick up a dozen and try them when they hit the stores. The QST is a good ball and I actually like the matte finish balls.

I just think this is a fun offering that could certainly help out in practice. I like fun.
I mean, golf is fun! ;)

I think I could play these. If they made them in Z-Star XV I would be all over them. Wouldn't have to manually do the putter line on my ball which would be a huge plus.

On the Putt Putt course? . I’m not playing w/ you anymore if you break these out on the 1st tee. Just because I won’t be able to concentrate.

These look phenomenal- can't wait to grab a few of these to try em out.

I'm not sure I good game these. First thought would be that they would be too distracting for me...but I am open to giving them a try to see if they change my initial perspective.

If they ever make a red and white one, it'll be in my bag for sure.

Here is a question, is there another Matte Urethane Cover Ball on the market?
I don't think Volvik's Matte Golf Balls are with Urethane.

The 2019 Maxfli Tour is available in matte green and matte white, and the Tour X version is available in matte white.

Honestly, while they look cool as a souvenir, I'm not a big fan of the split color ball. Found a few on the course and tried them, but i cold not get used to the color separation when lining the ball up to hit. especially in the fairways when you couldn't adjust the ball.

I used to love the two color balls as a kid! I used to think it was the coolest thing ever even though I didn’t play. Awesome to see them coming back in a really solid ball! If I wasn’t set on my ball this year, I’d for sure try out a sleeve

On the Putt Putt course? . I’m not playing w/ you anymore if you break these out on the 1st tee. Just because I won’t be able to concentrate.

You know I need every advantage I can get to take down Big Time!

Did you read the article? I mentioned it had been done before, but not in a modern golf ball. Which is 100% true.
I understand that. I was just stating my opinion on how I see it.

I understand that. I was just stating my opinion on how I see it.
By calling out THP for being factual? That’s just confusing to me because if it’s the case then it’s a lose lose no matter what is written, which is interesting.

So I just spent the last 15 minutes rolling putts with them and I have to say I really dig watching the ball spin and realizing maybe I need some work with the stroke. I enjoyed that with Triple Track as well and think this could really help me with some putting practice.

So I just spent the last 15 minutes rolling putts with them and I have to say I really dig watching the ball spin and realizing maybe I need some work with the stroke. I enjoyed that with Triple Track as well and think this could really help me with some putting practice.
Definitely gives immediate feedback on if you’re putting a true roll and stroke on it, yeah?

please roll one and capture in super slow-mo. I feel like that could be mesmerizing.

Put me in the camp that loves this idea! I am a fan of the QST and the built in putting alignment of a 50/50 ball will add another element to an already great performer. I can't wait to try these on the course!

As much as I enjoy using the Truvis balls, part of me says this Srixon offering is just a bit too much for me to play these on the course, but I could definitely see the appeal for putting practice

The on-course issue to me, based on initial impression of the ball, is that the solid distinction between both colours could mess with my head when the seam is pointing in a completely different direction to where I intend to hit it

Before anyone says anything about alignment markings on a ball, I don't see those as an issue as they are always on a solid colour background and never circle the entire ball that I use

Maybe my opinion could be changed if I gave them a try, but I won't be rushing out to buy any when they hit the UK stores

The original Ping balls similar to this always split on the seams. I don’t see myself playing these. I love the yellow Truvis, but after a couple years I’m going to try something different for a few rounds.

Back