Srixon Z 745 Irons Preview

That is a great price for these irons. I really thought they would be more. Hope to see these in some THP'er bags come fall!

Nice! These are sweet. My irons are only 2 seasons old but this is a serious ponder. I'm even considering the previous version (725) if I find a good deal.

That is a great price for these irons. I really thought they would be more. Hope to see these in some THP'er bags come fall!

There is a 85-90% chance that either the 745 or 545s will be in my bag. I will be looking at Nike and Srixon for right now. I just put 588 CBs in my bag but already have the itch for something new. This thread has given me an itch to hit them.

Yes these are staying in the bag for a good while. I never really had any doubts but I continue to hit these better and better.

7 iron to 3 feet (eagle)
9 iron to 15 feet and 25 feet
8 iron to 20 feet and 15 feet
4 iron to 20 feet
6 iron to 17 feet

That was the theme last weekend. Whenever I had one of these sticks in my hand I had a better than average chance at hitting the greens that day. That is a great feeling to have.

The longer irons are starting to come around too. Timing with them are coming around nicely. These irons just slice into the ground nicely. These are probably the most forgiving forged irons I've played too. There were a few times I could tell at impact I hit a bit off center and towards the toe. But to my surprise the ball flight was still online and even more surprised my distance was there. Pretty exciting for me.

Yes these are staying in the bag for a good while. I never really had any doubts but I continue to hit these better and better.

7 iron to 3 feet (eagle)
9 iron to 15 feet and 25 feet
8 iron to 20 feet and 15 feet
4 iron to 20 feet
6 iron to 17 feet

That was the theme last weekend. Whenever I had one of these sticks in my hand I had a better than average chance at hitting the greens that day. That is a great feeling to have.

The longer irons are starting to come around too. Timing with them are coming around nicely. These irons just slice into the ground nicely. These are probably the most forgiving forged irons I've played too. There were a few times I could tell at impact I hit a bit off center and towards the toe. But to my surprise the ball flight was still online and even more surprised my distance was there. Pretty exciting for me.

Great feedback bro. And they look great in the bag to boot!

Sooo...yeah...These 745's might just be the best looking irons I've ever seen. I've hit the Z-TX II's and they were butter. I can only imagine how nice these will be. Can't wait to try them out.

Sooo...yeah...These 745's might just be the best looking irons I've ever seen. I've hit the Z-TX II's and they were butter. I can only imagine how nice these will be. Can't wait to try them out.

They are stunning in person. Stunning

Funny thing about it is they are stunning but the greatest quality about 'em is in the performance!

Agreed. Perfect combination

I called yesterday at the Srixon UK North Centre of Excellence to ask when they would be getting these new irons (and also the RTX 2.0 wedges) but they didn't have any information about dates, so I have emailed Srixon directly to ask the same question for those of us in the UK

If / when I hear anything back I will post again with any further information (although depending on when they reply I may be out of the country)

Srixon web site has a pic and the statement, "BETTER HAS ARRIVED". Available Sept 12th. But still no info to click on.

These irons are silly.....just silly wonderful. They impressed me once again today. Amazing creation.

These irons are silly.....just silly wonderful. They impressed me once again today. Amazing creation.

I look forward to watching you once you are able to completely dial-in your distances with these.

I think today you caught a few a little bit too good and it put you in some awkward places long of the green.

You scored well today, but getting these dialed in is going to result in some ridiculous results for you.

I did not think anything would push the APEX pros out for a while, but these just speak to me and I have not even seen them in hand yet. With the fun Nate seems to be having it sounds like these have it all. I hope there is a place to try them in the Orlando / Tampa area with the Mayazaki shafts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

They are definitely solid.
And I have to agree with Cookie's statement. Can't wait to see how good you can play once you get these dialed in. What were you on the par 5s? I know the course played short, but you did it 3 times that I recall. Maybe missed one if I recall, #13?
I look forward to watching you once you are able to completely dial-in your distances with these.

I think today you caught a few a little bit too good and it put you in some awkward places long of the green.

You scored well today, but getting these dialed in is going to result in some ridiculous results for you.

They are definitely solid.
And I have to agree with Cookie's statement. Can't wait to see how good you can play once you get these dialed in. What were you on the par 5s? I know the course played short, but you did it 3 times that I recall. Maybe missed one if I recall, #13?

1st - PW to 18 inches
5th - 8i to 25 ft
7th - 9i short of green but online
8th - 8i to 25ft
11th - PW to 20ft
13th - 7i back fringe but online and over pin
16th - 5i over green into woods. Wind got me here as I took too much club.
18rh - 5i right of hole to 30 ft

Those were my results today w/ em. Wind causes some misses here and there.

Quick update for the UK crowd, I have had a a reply back from Sam at Srixon regarding my question about release dates

'Unfortunately we are unable to quote a release date yet, hoping that it will be in the next couple of months

The best bet would be to keep an eye on our website as we have any dates they would be shown on there'

So for the time being, it doesn't look like we will be seeing them for a little while yet over here

Finally able to see more details on the srixon site. I can't wait to get them in my hands

So i decided i'm getting a set of these i just need some help deciding on a shaft..... i narrowed it down to 3 and i have hit all of them. they all feel good imo. i just am not sure what each shaft will do to my flight/spin in these..... PXI 6.0 which i was fit for in my X hot pros and i really have liked..... KBS Tour Stiff... which i have hit before and liked and hit them in Nates irons this past weekend.... and the C Taper Lites which i really loved the feel and flight i got in the X Forged when i had them. i hate these kind of decisions and if i thought i would actually be able to hit them with the shafts in them anywhere close to me i would wait but i doubt that will be an option. i am planning on going 5-PW then getting a 4 iron replacement Utility with the same shaft as the irons.

Nice problem to have Buck! Great decision and you have my full support.

So i decided i'm getting a set of these i just need some help deciding on a shaft..... i narrowed it down to 3 and i have hit all of them. they all feel good imo. i just am not sure what each shaft will do to my flight/spin in these..... PXI 6.0 which i was fit for in my X hot pros and i really have liked..... KBS Tour Stiff... which i have hit before and liked and hit them in Nates irons this past weekend.... and the C Taper Lites which i really loved the feel and flight i got in the X Forged when i had them. i hate these kind of decisions and if i thought i would actually be able to hit them with the shafts in them anywhere close to me i would wait but i doubt that will be an option. i am planning on going 5-PW then getting a 4 iron replacement Utility with the same shaft as the irons.

Nice dude! I love that you are getting these. I think you will really like the PX's in them. I have the PX 6.5's and the ball flight is near perfect - for me...

Okay Buck, here ya go. Your XHP launched the ball higher than these did naturally based on the club design and weighting. You hit the ball at a fairly moderate flight with those (when I saw you). That would lead me to say KBS Tour, because it would raise that slightly although with your angle coming in, I am not going to be sure you would get much change. In the end, I will say C-Taper Lites, because you told me you loved the feel of them. I believe that that should be the deciding factor for your game and ball flight between the three and you will have a pretty darn good set going.

Back