SuperSpeed Golf Training and Testing thread

Any tips from anyone on how to make this schedule work?

I golf just about every Friday and Saturday and SOME Sundays. Friday is a more casual golf day and Saturday is league.

So I'm kind of struggling how to figure out how to structure the 3 x a week training protocol into a weekend golfer scheduler? Maybe the answer is I just do two days a week...Tuesday and Thursday?

One other thing, did anyone do any short game practice after the training protocol? It sounds like with the warm up it's pretty intense, but I'd love to spend 15 minutes or so just working on my chipping, is that gonna be too much? or I wonder if I couldn't just use that as a partial warm up and not quite do everything in the "warm-up"?

I don't know your personal fitness level, but I don't think doing a session and practicing or playing is a big deal at all. I did all three on Saturday.

I don't know your personal fitness level, but I don't think doing a session and practicing or playing is a big deal at all. I did all three on Saturday.
Ok this is good to know. Reading through thread it sounded like most struggled doing it anywhere close to a full round.

Work out and sticks with a WALKING round I see a drop of performance about 15 or 16 holes in. If I ride in a cart, not so much.

X post from my swing thread.

Round 2 of speed training.
Left hand swings are still laughable but I feel like I’m starting to get a basic understanding of swinging from the ground up for speed.

@Hawk is right I’m going to need to find a cheapo swing radar so I can ‘gamify’ this for myself. If I don’t I’m going to lose interest.

Week 2 training session 1 done tonight.
I've decided that my body can only handle 2 sessions per week. I'm doing Tuesdays and Thursdays of speed training.

With my frequency of play my wrists and back can't handle more than that. I'll probably even need to take a nongolf day between sessions. I'm going to play tomorrow morning and finalize that decision. Last week it was torture on my wrists the next morning.

I got a bid on a swing radar for a reasonable price. Hopefully, I win it and it can be here by Week 3 of training.

Week 2 training session 1 done tonight.
I've decided that my body can only handle 2 sessions per week. I'm doing Tuesdays and Thursdays of speed training.

With my frequency of play my wrists and back can't handle more than that. I'll probably even need to take a nongolf day between sessions. I'm going to play tomorrow morning and finalize that decision. Last week it was torture on my wrists the next morning.

I got a bid on a swing radar for a reasonable price. Hopefully, I win it and it can be here by Week 3 of training.
Good luck. Probably still well more than your bid, but thanks to Harmon's win, super speed is offering 10% off of prgr with code CHAMPION. So a $200 and change

Good luck. Probably still well more than your bid, but thanks to Harmon's win, super speed is offering 10% off of prgr with code CHAMPION. So a $200 and change
Thanks for the heads up. But yes, well more than my bid but if all else fails it's good to know I can grab an extra 10% off.

I have started and completed one week of training, The opposite handed swings are extremely awkward.

I’m discontinuing speed training. My body, specifically my wrist, cannot handle it and the frequency I play. I’m not able to swing like I need to when playing and not willing to sacrifice on course swing anymore.

It’s going to have to be an offseason thing for me.

I have had the Superspeed system for over a year and still haven’t started. That will have to be my project starting in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had the Superspeed system for over a year and still haven’t started. That will have to be my project starting in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have had it for a while. Sometimes I go for a couple weeks. Sometimes not at all.
Someday I will get the willpower to keep up with it!

Looking forward to seeing how you do with it, project updates when you do start!

@jdtox Now that you are getting rounds under your belt. How is it translating?

I have started and completed one week of training, The opposite handed swings are extremely awkward.
Just saw this im guessing by now the opposite handed swing feels better because at first they are awkward. Also if your using a radar the opposite side swings should increase in speed significantly after a while. Hows it going i love the SuperSpeed program.

@jdtox Now that you are getting rounds under your belt. How is it translating?
I did my protocols in the spring before I could even see a course. My swing speed jumped a few MPH as evidenced by the fact that I have now moved from stiff to x-stiff flex in all my shafts based on fitting results. I have noticed more distance over the course of the summer in driver and irons. This program works if you put in the effort. I will be doing again in the offseason.

Just saw this im guessing by now the opposite handed swing feels better because at first they are awkward. Also if your using a radar the opposite side swings should increase in speed significantly after a while. Hows it going i love the SuperSpeed program.

I had to take some time off from the program because of vacation and weather. However, I’m going to continue with Level 1 program up until the Morgan Cup.

I don’t have the radar. The opposite handed swings are definitely different.

A one have this happen to theirs? Is it repairable or should I just trash it?
image.jpg

Did you hit it on something? I think I’d trash that, likely not safe

left it at my dads place then did the speed training this am. Set it down and when I picked it back up it was bent like that sadly.

Does anyone else’s PRGR read slower on dry swings vs with a ball?

I’m getting about 10-15mph slower on dry swings. With a ball they are spot on.

Any tips on better placement? Slightly elevated? Bought the PRGR specifically for speed training but now not sure that was the best idea!

Does anyone else’s PRGR read slower on dry swings vs with a ball?

I’m getting about 10-15mph slower on dry swings. With a ball they are spot on.

Any tips on better placement? Slightly elevated? Bought the PRGR specifically for speed training but now not sure that was the best ide

I've had issues with it not being directly being the ball. A slight offset caused issues with speed readings. But that was on dry swings too

I would also take a video to make sure you're not doing something funky without a ball.

I've had issues with it not being directly being the ball. A slight offset caused issues with speed readings. But that was on dry swings too

I would also take a video to make sure you're not doing something funky without a ball.
Good point I’ll do a video and check it out. I suspect I’m swinging a lot higher than normal so as to not hit the ground.

Just did another session and found it read a lot better for dry swings sitting up off the ground on its box.

Can't wait to get training, my sticks and Blast Motion package are on their way. I was doing about 94-95mph today on the sim. My goal is a 10mph improvement.

My set finally arrived. Can't start the protocols for another week due to a work trip, but looking forward to getting to work.
1705419850064.jpeg

Someday I will actually start using mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back