SuperSpeed Golf Training and Testing thread

So funny that this post popped up. I have been thinking about pulling mine back out and starting up the protocols again. Sadly back to the beginning but would be interesting to see where I start compared to last year. I really enjoyed this testing and definitely saw some benefits from it

Found out my skytrak+ recorded the orangewhip (light speed) as a shot. So I'm going to use that as the baseline for my improvements.

Currently only two weeks in but here we are. I am on protocol 2 and doing the squeeze too.

1705431578128.png

I Got a set of these this year to try to gain a little club head speed. hoping to start the program next week

Not jumping into this 100% right now, but I am using the sticks to work on incorporating speed into my swing. Really big focus in lessons on using the ground more and not having a ball to worry about does allow me to focus on the actual movements.

Not jumping into this 100% right now, but I am using the sticks to work on incorporating speed into my swing. Really big focus in lessons on using the ground more and not having a ball to worry about does allow me to focus on the actual movements.
I started up my SuperSpeed training again yesterday evening and my back is tight this morning. That's a good sign right?

Is anyone currently going through this (other than @Hawk) right now? I remember this testing and im hoping along with pt I can get to some of this swinging. I know right now I cannot swing hard because of the pull at my knee.

Question that I have is did anyone that did this have any knee or lower back issues before and did they aggravate it at all?

I’ll probably be looking to pick up a set to get some speed and hopefully some distance.

Is anyone currently going through this (other than @Hawk) right now? I remember this testing and im hoping along with pt I can get to some of this swinging. I know right now I cannot swing hard because of the pull at my knee.

Question that I have is did anyone that did this have any knee or lower back issues before and did they aggravate it at all?

I’ll probably be looking to pick up a set to get some speed and hopefully some distance.
The cartilage in my knees is pretty much toasted and I was fine there. I did tweak my left bicep pretty good at one point. Became a stronger point of focus in the dynamic warmup after that.

I am.

I tried to do this last season and aggravated an old lower back injury and introduced a wrist injury. I don’t necessarily think Superspeed was the cause as much as taxing my body while in golf season. I play a lot, I’m in the gym 4-5x a week and I added speed training on to of that. It was dumb.

This time I’m utilizing my off season to do the program and I haven’t had any back issues flare up. Be intentional about the suggested warm up. Make sure to utilize the off days and only go every other day at most. And hopefully you’ll not have any issues.

It’s worth it. I’ve already seen a 5mph increase and I only just finished week 3 of 10.

I got my sticks out yesterday and did a partial protocol 1 just for warmups. I'm thinking about diving back in and giving it a go within the next few days.

I plan to get the sticks out and redo Level 1. Hopefully I can start this weekend. I know how much it helped me last year.

I was going to try to do a few things differently this time around. Last time I swung out of my shoes and didn't care what the swing looked like. I think I'm going to try to swing hard within my regular swing this time. Level 1 added speed to my swing and it also translated very well to the course. I think if I keep my swing under control during the training, then it could translate to even more on course improvement.

I picked up a prgr radar and somehow it seems less accurate than the blue swing speed one I had been using. Blue one lines up with trackman and prgr has the fastest stick slower than what trackman tells me my 7 iron is.

Wondering if I don’t have it set up right. Just on the ground about 4 feet behind where the ball would be.

I picked up a prgr radar and somehow it seems less accurate than the blue swing speed one I had been using. Blue one lines up with trackman and prgr has the fastest stick slower than what trackman tells me my 7 iron is.

Wondering if I don’t have it set up right. Just on the ground about 4 feet behind where the ball would be.
In one of these speed training threads there is a recommendation that putting a book or box of golf balls under it to raise the prgr up an inch or two improves the readings.

In one of these speed training threads there is a recommendation that putting a book or box of golf balls under it to raise the prgr up an inch or two improves the readings.
I’ll try putting it on the small box it came in to see if that helps.

Haven't had time to start the protocols in the mainland. I'll bring the sticks home on Monday and start working the program here when I don't have clubs to swing.

Which Superspeed Trainer do you have? Men's or Senior?

I'm about to order, but fall between the criteria for Men's and Senior. My driver shaft is under 60g, but at a total weight of 300g which feels very lightweight. When taking the Quiz it recommends the Men's trainer. I realize it's not designed to build muscle mass. I also use an Orange Whip (thats 800g) for warm up. As a senior, I maybe over thinking it.

How did you decide which to order? Were you happy with that decision?

Last edited:
I’m going to be starting the training in a couple weeks when I get outside to do it.

I'm about to order, but fall between the criteria for Men's and Senior. My driver shaft is under 60g, but at a total weight of 300g which feels very lightweight. When taking the Quiz it recommends the Men's trainer. I realize it's not designed to build muscle mass. I also use an Orange Whip (thats 800g) for warm up. As a senior, I maybe over thinking it.

I have the men's, but didn't really consider anything else (I'm 45). The red stick is pretty heavy, so I guess I'd look at your fitness level and go from there. You're going to see some benefits regardless of what you choose imo.

I was fortunate enough to chosen for testing last year at 65. I received the men’s set. I saw big gains with no health issues. I am also an in the the gym 4-5 days a week. I need to restart the training. I got lazy over the winter and stopped. I recommend doing the dynamic warm up even on non training days.

I went through 26 pages, I see speed increasing with sticks thats fine but I would like to see, whoever stuck with it, what it did for them on course.
IE - trained for 3 months gained 5mph /10 yards thanks.

I have the men's, but didn't really consider anything else (I'm 45). The red stick is pretty heavy, so I guess I'd look at your fitness level and go from there. You're going to see some benefits regardless of what you choose imo.
Thanks for that info. My fitness level is pretty average. No physical problems. So I should be good with the Men's set.

I was fortunate enough to chosen for testing last year at 65. I received the men’s set. I saw big gains with no health issues. I am also an in the the gym 4-5 days a week. I need to restart the training. I got lazy over the winter and stopped. I recommend doing the dynamic warm up even on non training days.
Thanks... I'm in a similar age bracket. I get that the sticks aren't to improve strength, but speed. That's what I need.

Glad to hear your good with the Men's set. That's the info I wanted confirmation on.

Nobody posting how many mph they picked up swinging a club after all this work?

Man - I am thinking about doing this protocol again this spring.

Unfortunately, I broke the PRGR launch monitor (shattered it with one of the sticks) - So I will have to decide if I want to pick one up and kick this thing off again.

Back