TaylorMade ATV Wedges Review - Forum Testing

IHWT, I would compare the Prov1x and possible the Srixon Z star, Callaway Hex Black (this one is most important since it's a combo of the tour distance and tour spin like the Penta) basically the PENTA TP5 is a low driver spin ball with greenside spin-at least that's what I saw today! I was hitting it just as straight as the e6 that I picked up.

Damn, sounds like a helluva a ball to me, haha. Looking forward to getting them out on the course.

That was a amazing video dude, that would take me a week to figure out how to do lol. Keep up the great reviews fellas.

Thanks man, it was really fun to film, here is my original video (initial thoughts) in case you missed it.

Finally finished my initial review video, enjoy, these ATV wedges are so amazing and I love them. Unfortunately Taylormade accidentally messed up the R on my initials but it's ok the wedge is amazing.

I'll post more stuff when I get back from my monday round

Oh yeah!! I barely became confident with my other stuff this was what was lacking and the way I'm looking at it right now, I may trade in my 52 and 58 xFT or sell them to get a 50, I could really use one now!

Great stuff leiruagetro! If I didn't enjoy my RBZ AW (50 degree) so much, it sure would be tempting to grab another ATV.

Great update leiruagetro. Love the confidence and results youre getting already man.

Heading out to the range again shortly, same routine as yesterday except I plan to stay for 4 hours instead of 3. I'm probably going to hit 2 jumbo buckets instead of one, in addition to a couple hours chipping. If anyone has anything in specific they want me to look at/for, try, etc...now is the time to let me know.

I will have a 50° vs 56° comparison up in the future once I have more time with each.
I will have an ATV vs other wedges comparison up in the future as well, again, once I have more time with the ATV.

Note: The range I am going to doesn't have any hardpan/tight lies, so that is the only thing I can't try.

Solid reviews guys, some of these are just out of the ballpark great. Leiruagetro, your vid's rock dude, some real talents there. All of you are putting this wedge through the paces and seeing just exactly what it has to offer us everyday Hackers, we can't ask much more than that.

I played in a small tourney yesterday and got to really see what this thing could do for me, will be posting my thoughts very soon here.

The testers are all killing it in this thread, and having so much fun with the ATV that I simply had to get in on the act. I checked out a 56* ATV with stock steel shaft and gave it a whirl Friday. This is the first I've had enough time to share my results.

First, I took it to the range to get familiar with it and warm up, then to the short game area and then played a round with it in the bag. Note that I play RBZ irons and the 50* A wedge has the ATV sole, so I thought that this would be very similar. On hefting it, however, the ATV is a bit heavier than my irons and I have to say that I really did not like the added weight. Never the less, after a few uglies to begin with on the range (toe shots with the ATV are not very forgiving), I was hitting the ATV with good consistency. I do a drill on the range with a wedge that entails hitting 19 balls. With the first 10, I alternate hitting a shot to an intermediate length green, say 65 yards, one left of the flag, the one right of the flag and repeat. With the remaining 9, I hit one short of the green, one on the green, and one over the green and repeat. It's a great drill that forces you to control distances and direction with wedges. Anyhoo, the ATV performed admirably and I was dropping the ball pretty much where I wanted, although still not totally comfortable with the weight of the club.

Next, I spent some time at the chipping green, and here really loved the performance of this wedge. I could not find a shot that I could NOT hit with it. If I could imagine it, I could hit it! By manipulating the club head a little open, square, or a little closed, I could get the ball to run out, stop on a dime, or just about anything I wanted it to. It was like I had been playing with it all my life yet this was the first time I'd really tried it. The one shot I found that I really loved and found useful during my round, as I'll report in a minute, was a little mini-flop shot. It's not really a flop in that flops are usually done with a pretty full swing with the clug laid open. This shot I hit with a chipping motion with the face slightly open. The ball pops very high off the club face and drops on the green so softly that there is no roll out or very little. It was so easy to hit!

On the course for my usual round with my buds. The first opportunity to use the ATV was on hole #2, a par five. My approach shot was a little aggressive leaving me over the green in the second cut of rough. A very dicey shot to a back left pin cut perilously close to the lake. I have to hit over about 20 feet of fringe/rough to that tight pin position, the first half uphill, then to a small flat spot, then downhill to the pin and the lake. Using that chip shot I just described, I popped that ball just onto the flat area. It landed softly, trickled over the edge of the downslope and rolled right into the cup! Nice birdie. Of course, I probabgly could have stood there with a large bucket and not been able to repeat that shot again, but, I'm feeling really good right about then.

Hole number 3 brought me back to earth, however, as I toed my tee shot into the lake (par 3). I went to the drop area and faced an even tougher shot--a shot about 40 yards (awkward for me) over a trap to a two-tiered green with the higher level closer to me and the lower level away and back down toward the lake. I needed a shot that would clear the trap, land on the upper tier, just make it over the edge and roll down the hill to where the masochistic greenskeeper had but that freaking pin. Well, I hit a really great looking shot that landed right where I intended, but so sofly it didn't release down the hill. Three putted for my triple. :at-wits-end:

Hole number 5, I hit my approach over the green again onto a steep embankment, short sided. I have a downhill chip to a green running away. Hit it short and the ball careens down the slope toward the front of the green; hit it long gets the same result. Carry it all the way to the pin with no roll out and its a winner. Using my now patented mini-flop chip, I tap in my one footer for par.

Hole # 7 I had a routine chip shot from right of the green off a little knoll. It was uphill and I hit it a little high and came up well short, but sank an 18 footer for par.

Fast forward to hole #17, par 5 and I'm about 70 yards short of the green on a very thin lie. Hit the ATV pretty well off that tight lie, but only flew it about 60 yards. It's probably 105* now and I'm totally out of gas. Go to #18, par 3 and toe another iron short of the green in the hazard, but playable. Steep uphill shot about 30 yards (awkward again) over two traps with the dang pin just over the second. Would normally not hit a 56* wedge from that steep an upslope. But, not thinkin clearly, I tried it anyway. The ball lands short in the first trap. I tried the ATV for the sand shot and didn't follow through leaving it in the second trap. Knocked it out there onto the green and two-putted for another triple.

All in all, I had a lot of fun with the ATV until the heat just wilted me. I can say that I love the club for chipping. But the jury is still out on full shots and sand shots. I just haven't hit enough of them with the ATV yet to be sure. I'll probably give it another spin next week, and heck, it may be worth it to throw one in the bag just for chipping. It was that good for me.

1:30pm tee time today. Hopefully the round treats me better than Friday! I am going to try to maybe even do a hole of the day video on the course as long as it's not busy.

Good stuff Vman. Seems a lot of people are a little sketchy on the full shots with the ATV which I really havent practiced a whole lot with it and to honest Ive shied away from lately. Instead I have been using my AW and PW for these shots. Today Im going to take the ATV out on the course and with my awful tee game I should see plenty of 100 yard and in shots for the ATV.

InHart and his 50* wedge have me intrigued.

Im getting ready to put the i20's back in the bag and when I do I'll need a 50*. Looking at you Inhart haha. I think if I had a place close to get one Id grab one before my round today.

Nice writing up, thanks for getting your thoughts posted up Vman.

Good stuff Vman. Seems a lot of people are a little sketchy on the full shots with the ATV which I really havent practiced a whole lot with it and to honest Ive shied away from lately. Instead I have been using my AW and PW for these shots. Today Im going to take the ATV out on the course and with my awful tee game I should see plenty of 100 yard and in shots for the ATV.

InHart and his 50* wedge have me intrigued.

That's what has me most confused at this stage of the testing, as this is where I am really really loving the ATV (full shots). Maybe it is just a tad difficult to hit (??), and as my swing has been on the last couple range sessions I'm not picking up on it? I feel like it's been easy to hit and fantastic from long range as I am really controlling my distance and trajectory well, most of which I attribute to confidence and having the turf interaction I dream of. I've been able to great ball groupings from over 100 yards out which speaks to it's ability to repeat shots consistently.

I still haven't gotten much time in with the 50°. I played one round with it before the 56° showed up (it came three days earlier in the mail), and then some full shots on the range while hitting balls. I like it so far too, I think it is going to do what I want it to beautifully (mainly just fill a distance gap between PW and SW). I plan to work it into my greenside repertoire as well, but this is going to take me some time. I used it for a short period yesterday on the chipping green and I know I am going to need to adjust to it. I've never owned a 50° before (or anything less than a 54°), and it's been well documented that I previously used a 60° for everything...so it's like trying to learn a completely new shot.

For the time being, I am trying to give all my attention to the 56° for the testing...once I begin to run out of things to say, or I feel I am just saying the same things over, I will merge some 50° talk into my thoughts.

I've got my iPod/headphones, cooler full of Vitamin Waters, and iPhone (for on range posting, of course) all packed up and ready to head out. I'll be back later this afternoon with some thoughts.

TM ATV Testing
June 30th, 2012
Hastings Elks Country Club
Sunny, hot 97*, 5 to 10 mph breeze
1 man scramble format

Initially I got around this morning planning to just go play a round at one of the local courses and really see how the ATV wedge performed in an actual round, but all my buddies were playing in a one-man scramble and wanted me to join in, so what the heck. I love this type of format, its you against the course and still a quick round. While I didn't perform all that well overall, it was a great day with the guys and the ATV did a fantastic job with most chores I asked of it.

Quick Highlights: I'm not seeing the full shot problems a few others are having, but still some struggles with that short touchy little chip from the apron. If I have 15 to 20 feet to get this some spin or even just a soft roll out I'm good, but the larger head and heavier weighting starts the ball fast and I am a bit intimidated with the short runs.

90 to 100 yards today were golden. I set myself up for this shot a ton of times and did not miss the green once. My playing partners actually teased about "The New Wedge" being illegal because I was hitting shots tight to parts of the green no one else could hold their ball. Part of that was also the Penta ball I'm sure, these things stop on a dime. The trajectory of these are lower than my CG's and the turf interaction is rock solid. I don't usually take deep divots, these are very easy to cut deeper, yet the result is a straight cut divot at the end.

Flop shot's are my new favorite shot with the ATV. My hybrids were hit or miss today leaving me on the wrong side of the hole several times with nothing to do but flop. I pulled that shot off all but one time and that was all user error. At one point I had to flop over a high hump to a close flag not more than 15 feet, out of some knarly looking deep rough. Both shots went sky high landing right next to the pin with one of those rolling out about 5 feet, the other was inside 3.

No chip-in's today, but several lip outs that could have easily gone in.

Overall: Playing in an actual tourney I didn't think I should be taking pictures and video's, but really wish I could have because there was a bunch for the highlight reel today. My CG wedges are very good, they do everything I ask for them especially around the greens. At this point I would give them the edge up close, but anything on out I would give to the ATV. Out of the rough these just cannot be beat. I actually chose several shots from the rough rather than a little further back in the fw because I had so much confidence the ATV could get the job done. That would not have happened with the CG's as the club head would have never came through this rough that easily unturned.

I'm pretty sure there will be several new ATV's showing up at the club over the next few day's, lol. These guy's were impressed to the point of wanting to hit mine half the time.

I went ATV 50* as well FTMKmac. Gonna play this week. Will get some info up after.

I went ATV 50* as well FTMKmac. Gonna play this week. Will get some info up after.

But so far you are liking it right? Im going to keep testing the 56* and then I will decided.

I love the RBZ 50* w ATV sole on it do I'm hoping this one works just as well.

Just got home from a few hour practicing in this ridiculous heat...much of the same held true, great results with the ATV's. Spent a lot of time on the range hitting the 50° for Kmac and others. It is giving me the same delightful results as the 56° is on full swings...great turf interaction, feel, ball flight, and control. I have a lot of confidence in these wedges.

Around the greens I just need to get used to it (the 50°). I only used my PW for long bump and runs previously, so trying to groove this thing for different shots will take me some time. I like the feel and results of the 50° enough to keep working with it (instead of just saying "screw it, I'll just use my 56°"), so that speaks volumes for it IMO.

More in-depth review/write-up will be up later today.

Last edited:
Nice writing up, thanks for getting your thoughts posted up Vman.

That's what has me most confused at this stage of the testing, as this is where I am really really loving the ATV (full shots).

TM ATV Testing
June 30th, 2012
Hastings Elks Country Club
Sunny, hot 97*, 5 to 10 mph breeze
1 man scramble format

Quick Highlights: I'm not seeing the full shot problems a few others are having, but still some struggles with that short touchy little chip from the apron. If I have 15 to 20 feet to get this some spin or even just a soft roll out I'm good, but the larger head and heavier weighting starts the ball fast and I am a bit intimidated with the short runs.

90 to 100 yards today were golden. I set myself up for this shot a ton of times and did not miss the green once. My playing partners actually teased about "The New Wedge" being illegal because I was hitting shots tight to parts of the green no one else could hold their ball. Part of that was also the Penta ball I'm sure, these things stop on a dime. The trajectory of these are lower than my CG's and the turf interaction is rock solid. I don't usually take deep divots, these are very easy to cut deeper, yet the result is a straight cut divot at the end.

That makes three of us as I am loving this wedge with the full shots! My problem is judging the distance on those little pitch and run shots. More practice should fix that.

That makes three of us as I am loving this wedge with the full shots! My problem is judging the distance on those little pitch and run shots. More practice should fix that.

That's the only issue I have too, it's hard to judge distance sometimes with this wedge

Just got home from a few hour practicing in this ridiculous heat...much of the same held true, great results with the ATV's. Spent a lot of time on the range hitting the 50° for Kmac and others. It is giving me the same delightful results as the 56° is on full swings...great turf interaction, feel, ball flight, and control. I have a lot of confidence in these wedges.

Around the greens I just need to get used to it (the 50°). I only used my PW for long bump and runs previously, so trying to groove this thing for different shots will take me some time. I like the feel and results of the 50° enough to keep working with it (instead of just saying "screw it, I'll just use my 56°"), so that speaks volumes for it IMO.

More in-depth review/write-up will be up later today.

IHWT
glad to hear the 50 * is being good to you as well......and thanks for going out and practising and then giving us the feedback...I will be interested to hear anything and everything you have to say about this club. I use my 50* XFT for lots of short chips around the green and can even get it to do a good flop shot from a fluffy lie...so please let us know how it goes .....and the 56* as well....

Thanks again to all the testers for putting in so much hard work ...

Got 9 holes in today and my 58 ATV was working wonders. I only use it from 30 yards and in but everything about it i love. The sound it gives me when I make contact is just beautiful. I was able to generate some great spin today and the few I hit from right off the green were rolling out just great. I still have a problem hitting some fat and struggle from super hard ground i tend to skull the ball. I feel like is just me and not being confident from those lies but other than that I love it. The more time I get with it, the more I love it. I can see myself picking up a 52 down the road for the longer shots

Just walked off the course on 12 tee today. Broken driver.

Had some good wedge play today, will post after I calm myself down a bit and get my fury out on Nike.

MY ATV REVIEW POSTING INDEX:
INTRO POST/ABOUT ME: Click HERE
INITIAL IN HANDS/LOOKS THOUGHTS: Click HERE
INITIAL LONG RANGE THOUGHTS: Click HERE
INITIAL SHORTS GAME THOUGHTS: Click HERE
SECOND RANGE/SHORT GAME SESSION THOUGHTS: Click HERE

PENDING REQUESTS: (for my reference so I can keep track of them)
Spoiler

mward2002[/B said:
]InHart, give this wedge the full treatment of shot choices. Tight lie pitches and flops, soft and then REALLY soft conditions (think step there and you feel the ground move under your feet) doing the same thing. Sand of course, but then also go to the top of the lip and give yourself that lie of sand and grass that makes you go, "what the heck am I going to do here and how is this going to even come out?"

McRock said:
Hart, I'd love to hear your comments on the different abilities of your 50 and 56 wedges. So maybe if you could do a side by side comparison of the 50 and 56 as far as their ability to execute certain shot types, that would be awesome.

Test Date: 06/31/2012
Ball Used: Crappy range balls
Environment: 97° with a Heat Advisory, a little breeze here and there.
Duration: One large + One medium bucket on the range (175 balls, probably 75 or so between the 50° and 56°) ; 1 hour on the chipping green.

The first time I got this thing out on the range, I loved it and I was very excited about it. Still, I didn't want to crown it king because it was one time...and we all know how golf is. The second time I had it out, I saw the same amazing results, and that excited me more. At this point I was buying into it a little more, but still needed to spend some more time with it before I could comfortably give it the crown. Today was my third time out with it, and this marks me saying that I am getting much closer to giving it the title. I still want to reserve judgement for the long-term, but short-term, either this is a hell of a honeymoon or it's the real deal.

At this point I feel pretty comfortable telling anyone reading that they would be doing themselves an injustice not to get out and give these a test drive. I really do think TM had something special on their hands with this wedge, and I feel it will be setting the bar go forward for other OEM's to copycat (let's face it, that's how the golf equipment industry works...and we are the beneficiaries).

100 YARDS AND OUT:

:deadhorse: INCOMING, you've been warned :alien:.

Things I am loving about this wedge (still):

1. Turf interaction
  2. Feel
  3. Control
  4. Ball flight
All of these together = A LOT OF CONFIDENCE. I think I have said it all to this point (see my index of previous posts links above if you are not up to speed), so I
need not repeat myself here. I simply want to reiterate the thoughts I have already put up in this thread. All I can say at this point is that I have duplicated the insanely good results three times out in a row. I am a streaky (albeit solid) player, I can go low one day and fall apart the next. For me to continue to duplicate my high level successes three times in a row means one thing...the ATV's have proved themselves to me, I have bought into them, and I trust them. In reality, that is all I need as a golfer when it comes to wedges...to believe in them.

They are consistent for me, and I simply cannot wait to get them out on the course...I really feel I am going to have a special round with my new found Wedge Love. I am oozing confidence anytime I am staring down the barrel with either my 50° or 56° in my hand. It is no longer a thought of "don't hit a crappy one and leave a long putt", it has become "How close can you put this one this time?". I love that. It is only a matter of time before I hole one out, because lord knows I have put a TON damn close.

When I am at the range I go to, I really don't know how long I have to the flags I am aiming at...at least not for certain. I am eyeballing it, and going from there once I have a couple swings in to it. If an 8 iron is short, I hit the 7 and see if that's the stick. I really wish I had a rangefinder to get the exact yardages, but since I haven't played a round with these yet, more concrete figures will have to come (damn you COLT for winning the Z6!! I really needed that and I don't have the cash for one currently, haha). My best guess is that I am hitting the cut-off 56° to the 110 yard mark, and the 50° to the 140 mark. With my old sticks, my 60° was good up to 115 (yes 115 yards with a 60°, get over it); and my 54° got me up to about 130, a few more if I stepped on it. I'm thinking the ATV 56° will get me to about 125 comfortably, 130 max, as it was coming up just short of the green I was hitting the 50° to with a comfortable swing (yes I tried to see if I could kill one and get it there, and I couldn't haha). My PW is my 150 club (again, deal with it), and I put it just off the back of the green for the pin I was aiming the 50° at. I feel like I have pretty good gaps with the 46° i20 PW, 50° ATV, and 56° ATV. I had debated bending the 56° to 55° down the road (post testing, JB told me no when I asked him pre-testing haha), to even my gaps out once I had a 60°, but I am not sure that is necessary. We will see what I ultimately end up doing post-testing once I see how things go on the course and what I ultimately decide is best of my game and it's needs.

THE 50° ATV:
Today, as some of the THP'ers have been asking me about the 50°, I decided to give it it's fair share of swings on the range. It's performance mirrored that of the 56°...aka alarmingly good. I was taking full swings with it to get it to the flag I was looking at, which as stated, I am guessing was around 140ish. If I didn't catch it perfect, I came up a touch short...and when I really flushed one, it flew a few yards past the flag. Regardless of the actual yardage, I knew what swing it required to get it pin high (through trial and error), and that was my basis for judgement. A 50° is something I have never bagged, but have recently realized could ultimately be [one of the] the most important clubs in my bag. Why? I hit my driver long, very long, which means I have 140 or less into basically any par 4 I play. My dream is that I will have a 50° and 56° wedge that I have a ton of confidence in, and I can play to those yardages off of the tee on par 4's to set myself up for a lot of easy birdie putts.

I hit a lot of shots close with the 50° today. Not as crazy close as I was getting them with the 56°, but close. Close enough that I was very pleased thinking that those would be my birdie putts, and I am a big perfectionist on the golf course. Consistently putting the ball this close from 140 yards is a big deal to me. The turf interaction of the 50° was equally as impressive; as was the ball flight, control, and feel. For any of the readers pondering a 50°, I would give you the green light. For anyone who cares about spin, I was one hopping and bringing range balls back a tiny bit with my full swings. So, it spins...trust me. I found this out the hard way last weekend when I spun one with the 50° back about 25 feet down a really tiny slope on a shot I tried to kill with it. It spun all the way back almost off of the front of the green. In my case, this has me worried as I might need to re-learn to "control my spin" for both the 50° and 56°, but we will see if the grooves chill out a little once they aren't so new. For the everyday player, this just means you should experience enough spin to allow you to fly the ball to the pin with confidence.

If you've tried the 56° and like it, I am confident in saying that you will also like the 50° (that for you, Kmac!). It is equally as impressive, and I really couldn't ask for more out of either club.

SHORT GAME:
Again, I will spare you the redundancy of me repeating myself. This wedge is still getting the job done for me around the green. I am beginning to really dial it in with the 56° from the 30-40 yard pitch range. I love this thing from any fairway lie I can get it into. Today I toyed with a lot of the awkward shots that are about 30 yards, to a short-sided front pin, with the green sloping away on the 5 yards from the front edge to the pin. What shot does this require? It requires a shot with a LOT of touch, an open face, and the ball moved forward. In short, a fairway flop shot. The wedge performed beautifully as usual. It slid right under the ball, lofted it air into the air, and landed softly...even with the good 'ol Top Flight range balls the range provides for the short game area. To the back pin I again moved the ball from my front foot to back foot, and opened the face a lot or a little, to give it a full service testing. The thing I love most about this wedge around the green it that is allows me to do this at ease mentally...I know what it's going to do/how it's going to react depending on how I set up, and that is priceless to me. It's handled all I can throw at it without batting a lash, the only thing left for me to try is opening the face on hardpan.

I am still working on getting this dialed in from the rough. I am getting closer, and putting a lot of the shots really close, but still now and then I have a really terrible one. Over time, we will see if this turns into me not liking it from the rough, or simply just some growing pains. My money is on the latter, I think it really gets the job done...and does it better than I am used to, so I need to continue to grow into the wedge and learn to adjust.

One quick thing of note: I do think anyone could get away with not bagging a 60° and using the 56° ATV exclusively for it's duties, especially the everyday player who doesn't have an obsession with a 60° wedge. I have hit plenty of shots I never would've considering being able to hit without a 60°, and they were easy to pull off. Still, for me, I am 95% certain within the next month of two I will bag a 60° ATV because, 1) I am obsessed with 60° wedges, and 2) once testing is over, I am not going to want to look my Vokey 60.04 in the eyes because I will feel nothing but disappointment and disgust in it. It is always going to be inferior to me. I've spent years thinking it was top tier, years I can never get back, and it turns out it's just an everyday hood rat.

MORAL OF THE STORY:

Get out and give one of these wedges a try. I obviously can't promise you that you will love it (no one can with any club), or that it will beat your current gamer, but I think there is a damn good chance it will. IMO, it would be ill advised not to give this a long look (especially if you are in the market for wedges, then it's a no brainer). Everyone is different, but I am trending towards saying this wedge is perfect for me, and the best I've had my chance to get in my hands...and I think it will be perfect for a lot of THP'ers. If it can handle my wedge madness, I am inclined to believe it can handle yours. Cheers :drinks:

Had some good wedge play today, will post after I calm myself down a bit and get my fury out on Nike.

Dude, that sucks. We have had so many broken drivers at THP here in the last month.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

That's the only issue I have too, it's hard to judge distance sometimes with this wedge

With previous wedges were you always able to judge distances accurately? Just asking, because I think it's worth it to dig to see if it's the Indian or the arrow (sans inverted cone technology, haha), ya know? Perhaps the club has a hot spot? I don't know, I haven't seen one but I haven't spent a ton of time with it either.

IMO, once we all adjust to the wedge, judging distance should actually become easier. I believe this because of how well the club reacts with the turf, so, if the player puts the swing on it they should...one of the biggest variables is removed from the equation.

IHWT
glad to hear the 50 * is being good to you as well......and thanks for going out and practising and then giving us the feedback...I will be interested to hear anything and everything you have to say about this club. I use my 50* XFT for lots of short chips around the green and can even get it to do a good flop shot from a fluffy lie...so please let us know how it goes .....and the 56* as well....

Thanks again to all the testers for putting in so much hard work ...

Thanks, man. I'll do my best to keeping bringing the thoughts. I put a little bit about the 50° up, I enjoy it just as much as the 56° on full swings...still very limited in my use around the green though.

Got 9 holes in today and my 58 ATV was working wonders. I only use it from 30 yards and in but everything about it i love. The sound it gives me when I make contact is just beautiful. I was able to generate some great spin today and the few I hit from right off the green were rolling out just great. I still have a problem hitting some fat and struggle from super hard ground i tend to skull the ball. I feel like is just me and not being confident from those lies but other than that I love it. The more time I get with it, the more I love it. I can see myself picking up a 52 down the road for the longer shots

Nice man! Glad you are liking it, the ponder of purchasing another speaks pretty well for it. Question, how do you go about hitting off of hard ground?

Dude! Sorry to hear that, that really blows...is it a new driver, maybe you can squeeze a new shaft out via warranty?

With previous wedges were you always able to judge distances accurately? Just asking, because I think it's worth it to dig to see if it's the Indian or the arrow (sans inverted cone technology, haha), ya know? Perhaps the club has a hot spot? I don't know, I haven't seen one but I haven't spent a ton of time with it either.

\

Haha nice reference!, yes and no, I wasn't able to hit my wedges before like this so I never really payed attention. But I was able to judge my sand shot distances but now it has taken some used to but It's working out for me. With that being said, the lack of Inverted Cone Technology like my old burner sand wedge has made me lose distance on full shots but I don't mind.

Back