TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 & TP Driver Review Thread

Hope you enjoy it!!

I played the TP yesterday....YUCK!!! How is it that the regular and the TP can feel so different? I slice the TP like crazy and I just cannot hit it. The feel and sound are awful while the regular feels just so amazing. I am astonished at how different both of these drivers feel.

The TP when I hit it the feeling in my hands feels like I just slapped a piece of wood.

I haven't hit the SF 2.0 TP much except for in golf stores, but from what I've read here and other places is that the SF 2.0 TP is even more fade biased than last year's model, so it's not surprising you hit slices with that thing, a lot of other people are doing that too. Also, the SF 2.0 TP is an inch shorter than the regular model with different shafts in both clubs as well, not surprising that they would feel different.

going to hit mine today for the first time and im going to go get a lesson at the same time to get my swing fixed hopefully

I spent some more time with the 2.0 last night at the range and I like it more and more. You have to put a pretty ugly swing on the ball to miss badly. I hit a few far out on the toe and still got really good results. Even my really bad miss which can be a really bad duck hook, would still have a chance to be in the rough instead of the woods or OB.

well got in a range/lesson session today

first off the guy that I went and saw was awesome, got me fixed up real fast

secondly, this club is freaking awesome. Balls just flies off of the face almost effortlessly. Couldnt get a good gauge on distance cause the range balls were junk but I was carrying over 200 easy as balls were plugging into the wet grass

Saturday will be the real test, legendary run golf course, I'll keep you posted

I played the TP yesterday....YUCK!!! How is it that the regular and the TP can feel so different? I slice the TP like crazy and I just cannot hit it. The feel and sound are awful while the regular feels just so amazing. I am astonished at how different both of these drivers feel.

The TP when I hit it the feeling in my hands feels like I just slapped a piece of wood.

Dent, I totally disagree. I just returned the standard 10.5 for TP 10.5 and it's way better. Of course it's less forgiving so you feel the mishits. Not sure which TP you demoed but the 10.5 TP has a neutral face. If you sliced that, then it makes sense the standard model works for you since it's 2 degrees closed and compensates for an open club face. I'm surprised with your handicap you'd prefer the standard driver?

Dent, I totally disagree. I just returned the standard 10.5 for TP 10.5 and it's way better. Of course it's less forgiving so you feel the mishits. Not sure which TP you demoed but the 10.5 TP has a neutral face. If you sliced that, then it makes sense the standard model works for you since it's 2 degrees closed and compensates for an open club face. I'm surprised with your handicap you'd prefer the standard driver?

I am having a lot of driver troubles right now Canes and can't even hit a good ball for the life of me. I was hitting the regular when I was hitting my driver good and now I just lost my swing and started hitting the TP. When I start hitting a good ball again I will compare them both side by side. A buddy at work said the exact same thing I did though and he hated it and he's around scratch. Who knows I guess different people like different feel.

Not sure which TP you demoed but the 10.5 TP has a neutral face.

No it doesn't. The face is 1 degree open which doesn't seem like much but that added to the weight port on the toe the fade bias is certainly there. You are dead on about the less forgiving aspect over the standard 2.0 though.

For what it's worth Dent I've had great success with the basic 2.0 with a Fubuki tour in it.

i love my 2.0 tm burner sf 3 wood...it has a square face.......i just now read where the driver has a closed face...i'm dissapointed..my misses are hooks...so maybe the TP model would suit me better....but...it's more expensive....and i'm a lefty and can't find a demo....great...just great.....sigh...
anyone have any suggestions or thoughts for me?

i love my 2.0 tm burner sf 3 wood...it has a square face.......i just now read where the driver has a closed face...i'm dissapointed..my misses are hooks...so maybe the TP model would suit me better....but...it's more expensive....and i'm a lefty and can't find a demo....great...just great.....sigh...
anyone have any suggestions or thoughts for me?

I would look at the SF 1.0 TP. I have one and love it. With the price reduction you can get one now for around $199. Super deal and it's an AWESOME club. There are tons of them out there.

first round out with the 2.0, it was pretty solid

While I didnt hit a ton of fairways, the ones I did were right down the middle and had a few that was just off of the fairway. Only had 1 bad slice off of the tee, and had 2 bad shots where I hit at the bottom of the face (was teed up pretty low). All in all, excited about the future with this club, especially once things dry up and we can get some roll

Just received it yesterday......bought it used for $200 shipped to my front door. Club face looks as if it has never been hit before so its practically brand new. Im 6'2" and can notice the slighlty longer length in the shaft but plan on eventually swapping it out with a V2. I have big hands and always have played with midsize grips so the grip feels a little different in my hands since i was choking up a little bit as I swung it in my backyard. Hope to get out and hit some balls.

Well i just hit the SF 2.0 TP at GolfTown and all I can say is WOW. This club is it I think...I hit it 20-30 times and I just fell in love. I hit it so consistent, even on bad swings. They were still out there, and not terribly far off the center line. When I tested the SF 2.0 I was duck hooking that bad boy, and the fade bias on the TP is what really works for me. My current driver is 2* open (VR Pro) and I am quite used to that. On the simulator I wasn't more than 5-10y off the center line, except on mishits and bad swings. I can't wait to try this for real at Demo day in a couple weeks.

I haven't hit the SF 2.0 TP much except for in golf stores, but from what I've read here and other places is that the SF 2.0 TP is even more fade biased than last year's model, so it's not surprising you hit slices with that thing, a lot of other people are doing that too. Also, the SF 2.0 TP is an inch shorter than the regular model with different shafts in both clubs as well, not surprising that they would feel different.

I was really wondering about that. Hit one at the demo day and I can't hit it as solid as last years version. I'm sure after time its gets better but I keep thinking maybe I should go with last years version instead. Its definitely affordable now.

Finally had mine on the course and love it. I'm sure it is an optical illusion but the club seems shorter than last years Burner Superfast. Addressing the ball seems so simple. LOVE IT.

Finally had mine on the course and love it. I'm sure it is an optical illusion but the club seems shorter than last years Burner Superfast. Addressing the ball seems so simple. LOVE IT.

I think you're right....it does appear to be shorter. I'm taking mine today to get the stock shaft pulled and put in another shaft. It's just too light. I put a Proforce UST AXIV Tour S Flex in my SF 1.0 and it's a rocket. I was hitting it last night unbelieveably long. Longer than the 2.0 with the stock shaft.

I bought a regular SuperFast 2.0 Stiff on Friday, and I think its great! I've been hitting farther and straighter than my Nike Dymo STR8-FIT.

Can't wait until I have a chance to get it on the course.

Ended up selling the Burner 2.0 I bought after 3 rounds. I hit a few nice tee shots with it, but overall was no where near as accurate with it when compared to my FT Tour. I actually hit every fairway but one today with my FT Tour, which reaffirmed my decision. I have no reason to look for any new clubs with the way mine are currently performing (which doesn't mean I won't, of course).

love the 2.0!!! now that im choking down, im hitting some dead straight bombs with it. Way better and longer than my R9 ever was!

Mike - I keep copying your clubs! (Rife putter).

I just picked this up after hitting it well at a Bridgestone golf fitting. That and a deal was all I needed to tempt me into buying one.

One thing I just saw in a thread was that this guy is rather closed at address. Really? I hadn't noticed that at all but it sure isn't leading to hooks or big fades for me.

Mike - I keep copying your clubs! (Rife putter).

I just picked this up after hitting it well at a Bridgestone golf fitting. That and a deal was all I needed to tempt me into buying one.

One thing I just saw in a thread was that this guy is rather closed at address. Really? I hadn't noticed that at all but it sure isn't leading to hooks or big fades for me.

hadnt noticed it, Im not a big hook hitter and have really been working hard on getting my hands rolled over.

This club is a beast on mishits, I hit some off the bottom of the face that sliced down the fairway about 240, cant beat that for hitting the bottom of the club lol

So I hit this in the simulator tonight for the first time.. I took the r11 and the superfast 2.0 in, and after 6 brutal fade/slices with the r11 (I think he put the shaft in wrong anyways) I switched to the Superfast and starting booombing the ball.. Most in the mid to high 280s, maxing out at the below number.. All light draws and aside from it being white and not what I'm used to..

I need to get this sucker onto the range/course!!

scaled.php

Why did you block out the ball speed?

Back