TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

Pretty easily. It's not a heavy coat of paint and chips off. I have 4 ghost putter and all of them have chips and paint coming off. And I'm anal about it. Always use my headcover and I won't buy a putter if it's scratched.

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

WOW! 4 Ghost Putters! At this rate you are going to give JBs putter collection a run for its money. I guess you aren't called OEM Kevin for nothing :D
Well I am 6'2" tall and the 43 works better for me. You are right about the feel thing so make sure you get the proper length for your body.

That makes sense. I am 6'0" and the 41" feels about right.

Pretty easily. It's not a heavy coat of paint and chips off. I have 4 ghost putter and all of them have chips and paint coming off. And I'm anal about it. Always use my headcover and I won't buy a putter if it's scratched.

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

I have the same problems with mine. It is frustrating to me.

I took the c/s Spider Ghost with me to the range yesterday and had some good results. I'm having a tough time deciding on whether or not I want to fully sole the putter on the green or whether or not I like having the toe up slightly at address. I had better results with putts when I had the toe up slightly.

Anyway, I'm really starting to get use to the putter and I was seeing some great results. The Pure Roll insert is impressive. It really is very consistent and it feels so much hotter than most inserts I've used in the past. The alignment aid is good, but I often find myself obsessing whether or not I have the ball framed with the half moon line on the crown of the putter. It's weird, but that's what I'm doing.

Lag putting is a breeze with this putter but I'm not near as lethal with this one from 8' and in like I am with the DART.

This is turning out to be a phenomenal battle between two really good putters. More to come.

I took the c/s Spider Ghost with me to the range yesterday and had some good results. I'm having a tough time deciding on whether or not I want to fully sole the putter on the green or whether or not I like having the toe up slightly at address. I had better results with putts when I had the toe up slightly.

Anyway, I'm really starting to get use to the putter and I was seeing some great results. The Pure Roll insert is impressive. It really is very consistent and it feels so much hotter than most inserts I've used in the past. The alignment aid is good, but I often find myself obsessing whether or not I have the ball framed with the half moon line on the crown of the putter. It's weird, but that's what I'm doing.

Lag putting is a breeze with this putter but I'm not near as lethal with this one from 8' and in like I am with the DART.

This is turning out to be a phenomenal battle between two really good putters. More to come.

Love hearing about this battle between two putters that really have a lot of my attention. Why miss are you seeing 8' and in?

I rolled this putter at GG this weekend and found that the belly version of it that I tried worked out alot better than the 33" like I normally use. I don't know why. I also thought all the lines might be a bit distracting, but they were nice, and the white looked sweet against the green turf. I think this could be a good putter as a belly putter/secondary putter. Ponder ponder ponder ponder..................

TC, you prefer the Pure Roll insert over the insert of the DART?

Love hearing about this battle between two putters that really have a lot of my attention. Why miss are you seeing 8' and in?

I seem to be pushing the ball with the Spider bro. It's frustrating.

TC, you prefer the Pure Roll insert over the insert of the DART?

The verdict is still out man, to be honest. I can roll the sh*t out of the DART, and I've been a long time Odyssey insert fan so it's very comfortable. However, that Pure Roll insert is good. I mean, real good. It's definitely a bit firmer, which allows me to be a bit shorter with my stroke, which should make me more accurate.

The verdict is still out man, to be honest. I can roll the sh*t out of the DART, and I've been a long time Odyssey insert fan so it's very comfortable. However, that Pure Roll insert is good. I mean, real good. It's definitely a bit firmer, which allows me to be a bit shorter with my stroke, which should make me more accurate.

I am a huge fan of the Pure Roll, love that insert. I have been eyeing the DART for a few weeks now, and definitely love that insert in the Odyssey, has a nice soft feel to it. Keeps drawing me back in. Like 'em both, but they for sure have different feels.

I am a huge fan of the Pure Roll, love that insert. I have been eyeing the DART for a few weeks now, and definitely love that insert in the Odyssey, has a nice soft feel to it. Keeps drawing me back in. Like 'em both, but they for sure have different feels.

They do indeed. I also think the B/S DART is a bit better balanced. It doesn't seem to open or close as easily on the way back like the Spider does, but that could be complete user error.

I think Ive all but given up on the Spider Ghost. I was finding it to be just a little too heavy and so I was leaving everything short. I mean everything. And if I thought about it then I blister it past the hole.

I think I want one of these. In a belly putter. ;)

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

I think Ive all but given up on the Spider Ghost. I was finding it to be just a little too heavy and so I was leaving everything short. I mean everything. And if I thought about it then I blister it past the hole.

It is a bit heavier than one would imagine isn't it? Interesting. I have to tell you though, I was rolling it well last night.

It is a bit heavier than one would imagine isn't it? Interesting. I have to tell you though, I was rolling it well last night.

Ive noticed that I dont roll heavier putters very well. Thought about just taking the weights out of the Spider and see how it rolled. But I rolled the DART Vader so well last time I dont see myself changing back.

For me, I am finding the weighting to be just about perfect. My SC was 360 at 33 inches. My trouble with that was leaving putts short, but with the insert and a bit of a stronger loft, I am finding this to fit my stroke very well speed wise. I have also found that I like my sole flat on the ground, but this has always been my preference.

Ive noticed that I dont roll heavier putters very well. Thought about just taking the weights out of the Spider and see how it rolled. But I rolled the DART Vader so well last time I dont see myself changing back.

I've thought about removing the weights too. I might try that next time out. Funny thing is: I'm lag putting like a mofo and it's the shorter putts that are causing me grief. I didn't expect that.

For me, I am finding the weighting to be just about perfect. My SC was 360 at 33 inches. My trouble with that was leaving putts short, but with the insert and a bit of a stronger loft, I am finding this to fit my stroke very well speed wise. I have also found that I like my sole flat on the ground, but this has always been my preference.

Do you find that when you truly sole it, it keeps your arms quieter? I feel like it causes tension in my arms or something.

Do you find that when you truly sole it, it keeps your arms quieter? I feel like it causes tension in my arms or something.

I think it is a comfort zone thing for me. I tend to be more SBST with it soled. I feel like I am going to pull the crap out of it when the toe is in the air. I feel that the stroke must be more precise or that sucker will close its face down on ya in a heartbeat. Maybe I am just a head case.

I've thought about removing the weights too. I might try that next time out. Funny thing is: I'm lag putting like a mofo and it's the shorter putts that are causing me grief. I didn't expect that.

My lag putts were close but never close to going in though. And I missed way too many short putts.

I think it is a comfort zone thing for me. I tend to be more SBST with it soled. I feel like I am going to pull the crap out of it when the toe is in the air. I feel that the stroke must be more precise or that sucker will close its face down on ya in a heartbeat. Maybe I am just a head case.

Or maybe you are right and that's why I'm struggling with the shorties? Is it ok to putt with the toe up on the long ones and completely soled on the short ones?

Or maybe you are right and that's why I'm struggling with the shorties? Is it ok to putt with the toe up on the long ones and completely soled on the short ones?

haha. You must really be struggling with the shorties on this if you are asking my advice.

haha. You must really be struggling with the shorties on this if you are asking my advice.

It's hit or miss dude, not automatic, which, as you saw, I was with the DART.

It's hit or miss dude, not automatic, which, as you saw, I was with the DART.

Which made me pull the trigger on switching to a mallet. Maybe if you had the lie angle bent that would solve everything.

Which made me pull the trigger on switching to a mallet. Maybe if you had the lie angle bent that would solve everything.

hey, hey, hey......never even thought of that dude. How easy is it to bend the lie angle on a putter? Especially one shaped like this one?

hey, hey, hey......never even thought of that dude. How easy is it to bend the lie angle on a putter? Especially one shaped like this one?

I imagine TM could do it easily, but I would be worried about some golf store pawn doing it for me. I know with plumbers neck putters it is easy.

I imagine TM could do it easily, but I would be worried about some golf store pawn doing it for me. I know with plumbers neck putters it is easy.

Mine is C/S buddy, so it could be tough.

Back