TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

Yeah just something about short strokes. I want to experiment with a larger grip.

Im not sure about short strokes but the larger grip helps me with pulls.

Im not sure about short strokes but the larger grip helps me with pulls.

I get handsy with shorter strokes and Im thinking it may help. I really like the putter on longer putts.

I get handsy with shorter strokes and Im thinking it may help. I really like the putter on longer putts.

It was pretty good for me on longer putts too. But just not as good as DART Vader has been.

My guess is that the safest way would involve removing the shaft and bending it to the desired angle and then reinserting it.

I would think that would be proper protocal.

Still lovin' my ghost spider. 30 putts last round including one 40' bomb and a couple 12+ footers. I'm finding success by grounding the putter behind the ball with a LOOSE grip - basically letting the putter find its own natural resting position flat and square, lining up the markings to my intended line, and then taking my grip from there.

I have 4 rounds with the Ghost Spider now and am loving it. My speed is a little off on slower greens, but I have been nailing most of the shorter putts. Those little 4 footers used to give me fits, but I seem to be much more confident standing over them. I am thinking about adding some heavier weights to see how that treats me. It's very frustrating having the right line to sink a long putt and leave it 2 or 3 feet short.

I feel the exact same. Anything inside of 8 ft I feel I should make if it doesn't have too much movement, but I'm leaving a ton of putts short from 20-30 ft that are on a good line. Ive been thinking since ive always had a blade putter mentally I think I'm going to blast it by because of the size of the head. Love the putter though!

I feel the exact same. Anything inside of 8 ft I feel I should make if it doesn't have too much movement, but I'm leaving a ton of putts short from 20-30 ft that are on a good line. Ive been thinking since ive always had a blade putter mentally I think I'm going to blast it by because of the size of the head. Love the putter though!

I have previously gamed blades as well.

My putter arrived today and I couldn't wait to get it out so I went to my local course and spent about 20 minutes putting in the dark. I did pretty dang well considering all I could see was the putter, the balls and the hole. I was hitting most putts from 8 feet and in. I only tried a few longer putts, but even those were really nice lag putts and even hit a couple. So first time out was putting in the dark and I am a big fan. Now I need to get my large Iomic grip and some back weights in this along with extra head weight. I am feeling really confident with this center shafted putter!

My putter arrived today and I couldn't wait to get it out so I went to my local course and spent about 20 minutes putting in the dark. I did pretty dang well considering all I could see was the putter, the balls and the hole. I was hitting most putts from 8 feet and in. I only tried a few longer putts, but even those were really nice lag putts and even hit a couple. So first time out was putting in the dark and I am a big fan. Now I need to get my large Iomic grip and some back weights in this along with extra head weight. I am feeling really confident with this center shafted putter!

Awesome DT, if your making them in the dark just think about what you can do when its light out. I love the large grip on it, makes it even more stable

I have had mine for a couple of rounds and I am bonding with it. I have no doubt once I get accustomed to the length it will be a huge improvement in my average putts per round.

Where can I find some of those 16 gram weights, Redman? They in the standard putter weight set? Thanks

I ordered a set 12 and 16 gram of TM weights from ebay. The guy I dealt with was very cool. PM me if you want his ebay name.

Went to the range to putt and immediately noticed that the additional weight keeps the club in line and helps smooth out my backswing. I should of added the weights from the very beginning.

Last edited:
drained some long putts today with my ghost. 2 20' putts and 30' was on fire today. 32 putts with one 3 putt but i drug the putter on my stroke and pulled it left.

I tried one of these again the other day at Dick's and really like how straight back and through I was able to keep it. I really wish I had a place to try it on a real green instead of the 6' of smashed down indoor/outdoor carpeting they have there. That stuff is so fast I think someone could open the front door and the breeze would blow the ball 6' across the "green".

I have always used a blade style putter and am wondering if I could get used to the size and weight of the Spider.

I've had two rounds with my 44" Ghost Spider and am loving it. Finding that longer putts are much easier to judge, and anything within 10 feet feels much more comfortable then it did with my older putter. Definatley a good investment for me thus far!

i take back my previous post about not thinking i could get on board with this style of putter.
i love my NC GM2, but would game a Ghost Spider in a heartbeat!

Another stellar day on the greens with the Ghost Spider....26 putts...for a 77.

Another stellar day on the greens with the Ghost Spider....26 putts...for a 77.

Great job DD! 26 putts is incredible! I will be playing mine for the first time tomorrow. I am playing in a TPC tournament, so hope everything goes well.

I am still getting used to my 43 inch spider ghost but I think she is coming to come around to some hawt putting about October 15Th!

Great job DD! 26 putts is incredible! I will be playing mine for the first time tomorrow. I am playing in a TPC tournament, so hope everything goes well.

Oh sweet, I missed a posting that you got it. What do you think? Good luck tomorrow, I wish I was there!!!

Thanks Doc, that was a round of putting, the likes I have not seen before. I did neglect to add that I had one chip in.

Good luck with the tourney!

Yet another good day on saturday with the magic wand...31 putts, 2 lip outs on birdie putts, no 3 jacks for a 3 over par round.

This morning I had a horrible putting display with the ghost spider, my speed and aim was just off. I 3 putted 3 times today, all 3 times I was on in 2 with reasonable birdie putts. I still shot a 38 but if my putting was on it could of been one of my best 9 holes of the year. I still love this putter though

This morning I had a horrible putting display with the ghost spider, my speed and aim was just off. I 3 putted 3 times today, all 3 times I was on in 2 with reasonable birdie putts. I still shot a 38 but if my putting was on it could of been one of my best 9 holes of the year. I still love this putter though

WOW, thats an amazing round man, great job. Three bogey's and still a 38 is some great shooting.

WOW, thats an amazing round man, great job. Three bogey's and still a 38 is some great shooting.

Thanks CB, I actually had 4 bogeys but had a birdie to get that one back. I also had a eagle putt on the par5 I missed but that is where I got my birdie

Well, I haven't posted about mine in a while since I was always told that if I didn't have something nice to say, don't say it. I can no longer hold my tongue. I seem to have just lost it with the putter. I just can't make anything, I feel uncomfortable with it now, it's just gone. I will fully admit that I traded a putter I was lights out with towards the GS when I bought it, just because I thought that this would be the complete package putter for me for a long time. I don't know why, but the last month or so has just been awful. I've talked to the local club pros, and my old golf coach about what I could be doing wrong, and from what they have said, they don't see anything wrong with the stroke itself. I will never bash this putter, because it is an excellent putter and is certainly a game changer for many people, but I think at this point for me, it's time to either sell it or trade it towards a Corza Ghost (putter I had before this one) and hopefully get my putting train running again.

Back