TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

How is it that THP has a R11 FW, but Justin Rose cant get one until next week (posted that on twitter recently)? Nice work THP!!!

So "standard" would be the equivalent to "N" on the R9?

No, check the pics again. That is adjusting the loft. The sole plate on the bottom adjusts open and closed like you are used to with the R9. Very cool technology.

Do they come with additional weights or a tool, or is what you see is what you get?

Do they come with additional weights or a tool, or is what you see is what you get?

They come with the standard TM tool. No weights though.

I am interested in hearing about the performance of the wood.

This may have been mentioned... But are the tips the same as in the supertri models? Could someone with a tip from an R11 use it in a supertri?

No, check the pics again. That is adjusting the loft. The sole plate on the bottom adjusts open and closed like you are used to with the R9. Very cool technology.

I realize that, but we will be able to use our R9 shafts in the R11, so to get a "standard" ball flight with an R9 shaft, do we set the shaft to "N"?

I'd also love to hear how the ASP actually works. I too find it very cool.

Last edited:
I realize that, but we will be able to use our R9 shafts in the R11, so to get a "standard" ball flight with an R9 shaft, do we set the shaft to "N"?

I'd also love to hear how the ASP actually works. I too find it very cool.

Yes the tips appear to work fine.

Finally a better looking headcover.

Looks like TaylorMade has done it again. Can't wait to see the numbers.

They are sharp and sound great, but I still wish they had a black paint option. I'll still try it, but I don't love the white offhand.

Finally a better looking headcover.

Looks better, but still need a better functioning one. Not a big fan of the stretchy sock neck thing. I'm still wondering which headcover was the one DJ was rocking for the Hyundai that was white and looked like a slip on magnetic thing.

Wasn't much of a fan, but after looking at it some more.... anybody wanna buy a like new Superdeep :D

Looks better, but still need a better functioning one. Not a big fan of the stretchy sock neck thing. I'm still wondering which headcover was the one DJ was rocking for the Hyundai that was white and looked like a slip on magnetic thing.

I saw that one too, looked very different from the usual TM headcovers.

I am going to have to buy some white pants and a white belt in order to play this club! :D JB any word on the TP offering? I saw that they plan on offering one, but no info on it.

I am going to have to buy some white pants and a white belt in order to play this club! :D JB any word on the TP offering? I saw that they plan on offering one, but no info on it.

I do not know. With the adjustability of the head, I would assume the only difference between regular and TP would be the shaft.

I know black is supposed to be 'slimming' so does the white make the head appear to be 'larger' than the 440cc?

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

According to the Golf Digest "Hotlist" you better bring your A-game if youre going to rock the white belt, white pants AND white driver. lmao. Silly golf digest guys.

I do not know. With the adjustability of the head, I would assume the only difference between regular and TP would be the shaft.

TGW has them up now for preorder both the R11 and the R11 TP are listed as coming with a Fuji Blur. I am guessing it is similar to the R9s that came with a Motore in the standard and the Motore F1 in the TP models but the heads were no different.

GPP is listing that the R11 has a Blur 60g and the Tp has a Blur 65. Once more information is out it will be nice to be able to compare a straight from Fuji Blur's numbers to each of TM's offerings.

I know black is supposed to be 'slimming' so does the white make the head appear to be 'larger' than the 440cc?

It looks about the same as it should to me.

They definitely look bigger on TV. Garrigus' looked huge on the tee.

How is it that THP has a R11 FW, but Justin Rose cant get one until next week (posted that on twitter recently)? Nice work THP!!!

Ha! +1 I saw that too! Maybe he has his now.

i'm pretty intrigued by this fujikara blur. seems like it's something that has been made in response to something like the c. kua line from miyazaki, in that it's light weight. any more information you may be able to share?

i'm pretty intrigued by this fujikara blur. seems like it's something that has been made in response to something like the c. kua line from miyazaki, in that it's light weight. any more information you may be able to share?

I dont have a lot right now other than you appear to be correct. Should know more after the testing and we see what we like and what appears on the monitor.

Back