TaylorMade R11 Driver & Fairway Wood Review Thread

I normally have good luck with USPS and agree with the tracking system woes. I am sure it will get here Monday. Wasn't complaining or anything, I am 100% appreciative of everything you and JB do. I am really looking forward to reviewing. Thanks for the info, though.

USPS is great usually but the tracking is horrible. JB and GG are great, they put in allot of work for us and we all appreciate it very much

I sat on my porch waiting for the white truck, and she had the audacity to pass my house up - better luck Monday!

Tap before talk.

I sat on my porch waiting for the white truck, and she had the audacity to pass my house up - better luck Monday!

Tap before talk.

lol she was just teasing ya

I normally have good luck with USPS and agree with the tracking system woes. I am sure it will get here Monday. Wasn't complaining or anything, I am 100% appreciative of everything you and JB do. I am really looking forward to reviewing. Thanks for the info, though.

Yeah, their tracking is awful.

Thats what i figured, i think it was he just wanted to compare to his 3 wood, i was hoping mine was the 3 hybrid but it wont be cause somebody already got it for the testing lol, Its always nice to compare to what you already have. Quick Question will the shaft flex be what you put in the info when we signed up for the testing?

Its funny, I dont think we even checked these lofts wise. Made sure we had the correct shaft and off they went.

USPS is great usually but the tracking is horrible. JB and GG are great, they put in allot of work for us and we all appreciate it very much

Appreciate the kind words, but it is really you guys that make this place what it is.

Although it would be nice to recieve the club that we have the most use for we have to keep in mind that the ultimate purpose of this is to provide unbiased feedback to consumers and not to satisfy our needs as players.

Yeah, their tracking is awful.

Its funny, I dont think we even checked these lofts wise. Made sure we had the correct shaft and off they went.

Appreciate the kind words, but it is really you guys that make this place what it is.

Thanks for the info.

Although it would be nice to recieve the club that we have the most use for we have to keep in mind that the ultimate purpose of this is to provide unbiased feedback to consumers and not to satisfy our needs as players.

Tapatalk rep added. It's a privilege to test these clubs and we must not lose sight of that.

Tap before talk.

Tapatalk rep added. It's a privilege to test these clubs and we must not lose sight of that.

Tap before talk.

I dont think anybody has lost sight of that. Everybody who is getting one to test knows that and appreciates the chance

The true purpose is to test the clubs, get feedback from different players, cuz no one plays the game the same. I would definitely be grateful if I were picked. I wouldn't care what loft or fairway it was. Heck, I'd even send it back when I was done. :eek:k:

UPS says my fairway wood is in West Columbia, SC so glad it's making progress already despite being shipped just yesterday! Yippee!!

I dont think anybody has lost sight of that. Everybody who is getting one to test knows that and appreciates the chance

Yeah I have no doubt that all of the testers will be more than gratefull with whatever they get.

UPS says my fairway wood is in West Columbia, SC so glad it's making progress already despite being shipped just yesterday! Yippee!!

Amen buddy, last time I checked mine was somewhere in MO.

Mines in TN, its getting close

Amen buddy, last time I checked mine was somewhere in MO.

It's interesting to see what we all get. I love how it's such a huge surprise to see if we get a 3,4,5, or a 7.

Gray's got the 7 but the tricky thing is we don't even know how many there are of each.

It's interesting to see what we all get. I love how it's such a huge surprise to see if we get a 3,4,5, or a 7.

Gray's got the 7 but the tricky thing is we don't even know how many there are of each.

I agree, the suprise factor just adds to the suspense. Makes it feel even more like christmas than it already does haha.

Just thought I'd post a little tidbit about the excellent customer service that you'll receive if you decide to pick up one of these babies.

For whatever reason the ASP on my R11 got jacked up and the screw wouldn't go into my soleplate. I took my driver into Roger Dunn and they said that they would try to fix it which just ended up in the post of the screw getting snapped off halfway into the soleplate. RD says they will send in my club through warranty and should receive another within the week. However, when I call TM they say that it will be the end of April before they can get me a replacement out. I'm a little upset, but I'll get over it right?

I get a call back from the TM rep who tells me to head on down to RD because they talked them into going ahead and giving me a new driver from their stock that same day.

TaylorMade customer support is top notch! Their employees are quick and kinder than they have to be, which is hard to come by these days!

They replaced mine hassle free also, not in store but i had a new one in a week

Had a range session today and had the chance to unleash the R11 driver. Let me preface this by saying that everything here is soaked so it was mats only. For that reason I bought the smallest bucket possible b/c quite frankly, I can't stand hitting golf balls off of a mat. At any rate, warmed up with about 10 wedge/8iron shots and then promptly pulled the R11 out of it's MUCH IMPROVED Taylormade headcover.

I had to use that ridiculous rubber tee that's in all mats and it automatically tee's the ball up a bit higher than I prefer. At any rate, I started to let rip. The sound off of this driver is nothing like the sound off of the R9. Is it worse? Not really, it's just different. In fact, I quite liked it. It's incredibly easy to see where you're hitting the ball on the club face and better yet, those ball marks can be removed very easily. I was hitting everything in the middle of the club face but I was hitting 90% of everything high on the face. It still felt fine, and the distance I was seeing was extremely pleasing. I know I was catching the ball higher on the face b/c the ball was tee'd up much higher than I prefer but it is what it is.

I was most pleased with the shaft I chose. The Fubuki performed wonderfully. Paired with the 9* head, I was seeing a ball flight that suits my eye wonderfully. In fact, there wasn't much difference in my ball flight with the R11 than what I'm use to with my R9/Kusala black. I can't confirm distances but based on where the ball was landing on this range, I think the R11 is a bit further.

The highlight of the range session was that the range was packed, and I was that guy. That's right, I was the guy with the white driver that everyone was watching. A couple of folks actually came by and asked if they could look at the R11. It felt sweet putting on a driver display for them, haha!

Intitial impressions are fantastic. I couldn't be happier with this driver, especially after one range session. I love the white head, really love it. It's so sharp once you get it outside and I swear that it does have some sort of calming effect. I will be playing Monday and can't wait to see how it performs on the course.

Great stuff TC, sounds like paint and performance.

good review TC! Good luck on monday. Let us know how it performs. Hopefully Golf galaxy won't be so busy tomorrow and I will get a chance to see If it will be mine. I want to hit it first obviously...

Had a range session today and had the chance to unleash the R11 driver. Let me preface this by saying that everything here is soaked so it was mats only. For that reason I bought the smallest bucket possible b/c quite frankly, I can't stand hitting golf balls off of a mat. At any rate, warmed up with about 10 wedge/8iron shots and then promptly pulled the R11 out of it's MUCH IMPROVED Taylormade headcover.

I had to use that ridiculous rubber tee that's in all mats and it automatically tee's the ball up a bit higher than I prefer. At any rate, I started to let rip. The sound off of this driver is nothing like the sound off of the R9. Is it worse? Not really, it's just different. In fact, I quite liked it. It's incredibly easy to see where you're hitting the ball on the club face and better yet, those ball marks can be removed very easily. I was hitting everything in the middle of the club face but I was hitting 90% of everything high on the face. It still felt fine, and the distance I was seeing was extremely pleasing. I know I was catching the ball higher on the face b/c the ball was tee'd up much higher than I prefer but it is what it is.

I was most pleased with the shaft I chose. The Fubuki performed wonderfully. Paired with the 9* head, I was seeing a ball flight that suits my eye wonderfully. In fact, there wasn't much difference in my ball flight with the R11 than what I'm use to with my R9/Kusala black. I can't confirm distances but based on where the ball was landing on this range, I think the R11 is a bit further.

The highlight of the range session was that the range was packed, and I was that guy. That's right, I was the guy with the white driver that everyone was watching. A couple of folks actually came by and asked if they could look at the R11. It felt sweet putting on a driver display for them, haha!

Intitial impressions are fantastic. I couldn't be happier with this driver, especially after one range session. I love the white head, really love it. It's so sharp once you get it outside and I swear that it does have some sort of calming effect. I will be playing Monday and can't wait to see how it performs on the course.

Glad you liked your R11 TC! I agree with the calming affect. I have never had confidence on the tee box before, but that changed after a few rounds with mine.

Nice initial thoughts TC. I can't wait to hit mine outside tomorrow.

Those rubber tees are the worst.

Nice initial thoughts TC. I can't wait to hit mine outside tomorrow.

Those rubber tees are the worst.

They really are. They should give you tee height options or something. Man, I really do like the driver. I was seeing a slightly higher flight than what I was getting off of that Razr Hawk. I can't reiterate how pleased I am with the shaft either. It really surprised me.

With how well the R11 is doing on tour, I'd say TM should adopt the slogan "Performance & Paint"

They really are. They should give you tee height options or something. Man, I really do like the driver. I was seeing a slightly higher flight than what I was getting off of that Razr Hawk. I can't reiterate how pleased I am with the shaft either. It really surprised me.

Wow it shocks me that they don't have different tee heights. At all our driving ranges here you have options ranging from 2" to 3,5". It still sucks but you can generally get the tee height right.

Back