TaylorMade R15 Driver Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread will be filled with live coverage of the launch.
THP has all of the details right here on the home page on the new R15 driver.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=24188

TM_R15_Blk_Beauty-9926-L.jpg

TM_R15_Blk_Beauty-9932-L.jpg

Last edited:
Intriguing. Looks like the low forward CG is staying with the R15.

Sexy. Fell in love with SLDR but will definitely have to hit this.

Do I see two sliding weights?

Pretty busy looking driver. Ready to read more about the tech in this one and I love that they're available in both white and black. That will make people happy.

Those look great. I think the black one is waving at me.

I'm glad they will offer both black and white versions. Looking forward to seeing these in hand tonight.

I will have to hear more info, but I am kinda meh on this. From the bottom looks like SLDR with two weights instead of one, but I imagine they serve some sort of a purpose.

Funny enough. I found this picture explaining the sliding weights and their positions.

outside of the 2 weights, the one thing I want to know is about the sole design. If it incorporates any type of tech to give the driver a square look no matter the adjustment you make, kind of like the smartpad.

Dean,

will you guys be hitting the new stuff at all?

Looks a little busy but I love the SLDR and if they improved it even slightly this could be a winner

Looks like "Loft Up" continues. Interesting.

Seems the sliding weights are bigger than the sldr. Interesting. Bigger weight X2 perhaps to promote more influence on ball flight?

ok so now that you guys see the pictures. What questions do you have about the R15? I will do my best to get the answers for you.

Is it me or is the black one smaller (usually never happens, lol) seriously I like what I perceive as a smaller profile

Is it me or is the black one smaller (usually never happens, lol) seriously I like what I perceive as a smaller profile

It's the angle of the photo.

ok so now that you guys see the pictures. What questions do you have about the R15? I will do my best to get the answers for you.

What is the reasoning behind 1 vs. 2 weights? Increase MOI by moving them to either side of the driver?

Did they cut the weight of the original SLDR weight in half, or are they similar weight? If so, what does this do to the SW or where did they remove material to keep the weights the same?

Well I'm very intrigued. So many great drivers for 2015 but this one will be high on my "to demo" list.

Just a perception thing - they both say 460cc. I am sure they will release at 430 TP version though

I understand from the graphic Blu posted what the two weights do, but the squatting man with the weights on opposing ends confuses me. What does that position accomplish.

I'm sure it will be explained before it is asked. But what advantages do the two sliding weights offer.

Back