TaylorMade Rescue 11 Hybrid Review Thread

I still love my rescue 11 hybrids. I have gone from the 2h and 4h because I found the 2h was too close distance wise to my r11 3w. I tuned down the loft on the 4h and now the distance gap is manageable. The 4h is the best club in the bag for when I need to hit the FW. Love it.

Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

With my Rescue 11's I played with the settings quite a bit, but I don't think a saw numbers as great as those above, but I did see a difference in ball flight.

The listed figures for draw/bias is for the R11 driver. A driver will fade or draw more because of the higher swing speed. The numbers are still useful for a relative comparison for the different FCT settings.

The listed figures for draw/bias is for the R11 driver. A driver will fade or draw more because of the higher swing speed. The numbers are still useful for a relative comparison for the different FCT settings.

That makes a bit more sense. Thanks.

Range session over the weekend and hit the Rescue 11 a fair bit. Started the day off with the Rescue still set to Lower which opens the face 2*. Wanting to see how the over positions would go, I set it back to Standard Loft (Neutral Face) and hit some shots. All my shots were with the GripIt Rite Training Aid I've been using. First thing I noticed after setting it back to Standard was that my shots were going more to the left. I've been fighting an over the top pull lately, which is forcing my shots left and some to even hook. I was seeing go probably an extra 5-10 yards to the left with the loft at Standard. A few even hooked too. Set the face back to Lower to open the face and I saw the return of the 5-10 yard pull I saw originally. Still not perfect, but definitely something I can live with. Was seeing some good distance with the Rescue as well in the 185-190 range.

I was good to hit the Rescue well again. I haven't been able to put a good swing on it for a few weeks now and to hit it good really brought the confidence back.

Of course more to come!

I got my Rescue 11 3i on Monday. It is so nice to hit. I had an 09 burner 3i (interesting the 11 is 18 degree loft vs 19 for burner). I am definitely getting a bit more distance (maybe 5y) but the best thing is how easy it is to hit. The face is so big and it sets up so nice that it is just so easy to give it a bash. Only thing I am a little unsure about is the shaft. I went to the demo day after playing 18 holes and after hitting the regular and stiff back and forward I thought the regular was the better one to hit. Now it feels too whippy, it is a big step up over the burner regular shaft but I wonder if maybe the stiff would have been a better choice. My driver and 3w are stiff (Ping G20) but thought the feel of the regular for the rescue was better. Will have to see if I can track down a stiff shaft to have a hit with.

I was a Nike guy and bought the VR Pro driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, and 18* hybrid in May 2011. Each had the STR8-Fit technology except for the hybrid. After about 30 rounds the VRs started to feel "dead". The ball wasn't jumping off the clubface anymore. Several weeks ago when I teed off on no. 18, I snapped the driver's Project X 6.0 shaft and the clubhead went flying! I took all of my VR woods and hybrid in to exchange them for another brand. I was immediately drawn to the TaylorMade fitting station because of all the white clubheads (and I love my TaylorMade Z TP wedges). I hit the R11 driver and 3 wood and was blown away. My swing speed is 105 mph with the driver but I've been working on slowing it down to 95 for control. I was hitting the R11 driver 311 yards on the fly with 20 yards of roll and dead straight with the adjustments all set to neutral and a regular Fujikura Blur 60 shaft even though I've used stiff shafts all my life. SOLD! But the real fun was when I tried the Rescue 11 18* hybrid. I busted 20 balls off the deck (grass, not a mat) 245 yards, all with a penetrating ball flight and nice little draw. If I choke up an inch with my grip I hit the Rescue 11 220 yards. No need for a 5 wood anymore so I put my 60* wedge back in the bag. I've played 10 rounds with the Rescue 11 so far and I love how easy it is to hit off the fairway. Slowing my swing down to 95 and my new TM clubs have given me what I've always wanted -- "effortless power" with control. The Rescue even does exactly what the name implies -- it rescues me out of some tough spots and with relative ease. The face is so hot that a smooth swing produces nice distances out of the tall grass. I haven't used it off the tee yet but I'm playing a course this week that will demand that shot several times.

Also, as most have already said, the white finish is gorgeous.

Last edited:
great to hear that the white sticks are working for you i know that when i need to have a good result, i pull my rescue 11 and get the job done

It's funny, but I think a club with a black head would look strange to me now.

that's great belbs! I'm missing this hybrid right now....

I was a Nike guy and bought the VR Pro driver, 3 wood, 5 wood, and 18* hybrid in May 2011. Each had the STR8-Fit technology except for the hybrid. After about 30 rounds the VRs started to feel "dead". The ball wasn't jumping off the clubface anymore. Several weeks ago when I teed off on no. 18, I snapped the driver's Project X 6.0 shaft and the clubhead went flying! I took all of my VR woods and hybrid in to exchange them for another brand. I was immediately drawn to the TaylorMade fitting station because of all the white clubheads (and I love my TaylorMade Z TP wedges). I hit the R11 driver and 3 wood and was blown away. My swing speed is 105 mph with the driver but I've been working on slowing it down to 95 for control. I was hitting the R11 driver 311 yards on the fly with 20 yards of roll and dead straight with the adjustments all set to neutral and a regular Fujikura Blur 60 shaft even though I've used stiff shafts all my life. SOLD! But the real fun was when I tried the Rescue 11 18* hybrid. I busted 20 balls off the deck (grass, not a mat) 245 yards, all with a penetrating ball flight and nice little draw. If I choke up an inch with my grip I hit the Rescue 11 220 yards. No need for a 5 wood anymore so I put my 60* wedge back in the bag. I've played 10 rounds with the Rescue 11 so far and I love how easy it is to hit off the fairway. Slowing my swing down to 95 and my new TM clubs have given me what I've always wanted -- "effortless power" with control. The Rescue even does exactly what the name implies -- it rescues me out of some tough spots and with relative ease. The face is so hot that a smooth swing produces nice distances out of the tall grass. I haven't used it off the tee yet but I'm playing a course this week that will demand that shot several times.

Also, as most have already said, the white finish is gorgeous.

Ya sorry to be the one who calls BS on this but you are not hitting it 300+ yards on the fly with a 105 SS. Other than that im glad you liked them, I still love my rescue11 and hit it pretty well every time I pull it out of the bag. Also welcome to THP!!

I am still in love with the rescue as well. For a good ball striker it is going to be hard to find a better performing hybrid in my opinion

I am still in love with the rescue as well. For a good ball striker it is going to be hard to find a better performing hybrid in my opinion

I agree IN, great rescue!

Ya sorry to be the one who calls BS on this but you are not hitting it 300+ yards on the fly with a 105 SS. Other than that im glad you liked them, I still love my rescue11 and hit it pretty well every time I pull it out of the bag. Also welcome to THP!!

I'm 6' 7" and can easily drive the ball 300+ yards with my 105 mph swing speed and my new R11. My carry distance was measured at 311 with the laser during my fitting. I've also driven the 315 yard par 4 at my club with my new R11 6 times so far (never could with my Nike VR Pro). This will be my last post on this forum due to such an accusatory comment by 10YardDraw . I'm withdrawing my account. Good bye all and I hope everyone enjoys their Rescue 11s for years to come.

Last edited:
I'm 6' 7" and can easily hit the ball 300+ yards with my 105 mph swing speed. I've driven the 315 yard par 4 at my club with my new R11 6 times so far. This will be my last post on this forum due to such an accusatory comment. Good bye all.

wow really, you have one person question you hitting it 300+ yards with a 105 SS and you give up. Didnt mean to sound like a ahole but I just cant see it happening.

I'm 6' 7" and can easily hit the ball 300+ yards with my 105 mph swing speed. I've driven the 315 yard par 4 at my club with my new R11 6 times so far swing at 95 mph. This will be my last post on this forum due to such a rude accusatory comment. Good bye all.

I wish I could control the exact speed of each of my swings and measure them when on the course.

10YD, I didn't think your comment was rude or accusatory. Pretty valid IMO. Whatever.

I wish I could control the exact speed of each of my swings and measure them when on the course.

10YD, I didn't think your comment was rude or accusatory. Pretty valid IMO. Whatever.

I didnt think it was either but whatever lol.

My swing coach brings his swing speed radar meter when he walks with me when playing. That's how we measure it on the course. It makes it very easy to control my exact speed when playing. I don't know any other way to do it. We've been working on slowing it down for a couple of months now.

I'm sure you could control your swing speed on the course when you get a digital readout like that. It's a great gizmo.

Last edited:
I didnt think it was either but whatever lol.

It doesn't take much to set me off over an Internet connection. Good luck with your game.

LOL @ people.

10yard - I like you. ehamady - I think I like you, since you're only 5 posts into your THP lifespan.

But remember what they say about arguing over the internet.

The Rescue 11 is amazing for me and I hope you like yours.

I do agree though that a 105 mph swing speed is probably not going to produce a 311+ drive. But I am far from an expert. All I do is hit a 5 hybrid whenever I have a chance.

LOL @ people.

10yard - I like you. ehamady - I think I like you, since you're only 5 posts into your THP lifespan.

But remember what they say about arguing over the internet.

The Rescue 11 is amazing for me and I hope you like yours.

I do agree though that a 105 mph swing speed is probably not going to produce a 311+ drive. But I am far from an expert. All I do is hit a 5 hybrid whenever I have a chance.

blugold - I know I like you. Your comments in this 108 page thread really convinced me that I had made a good purchase getting the Rescue 11. Maybe I'll stay a member but block out/ignore those I don't like.

I can't explain the distance I get any other way than simply measuring it with a flight meter and using the R11's club technology with the perfect shaft for my swing. I hit all my clubs pretty long since employing a swing coach who's made my swing much more efficient and on plane. Hoping to get my hdcp down to zero next season if I stick with it over this winter. My goal is to make it onto the senior tour one day.

I may try dialing my R11 down to 8.5 degrees tomorrow and see if I can hit it into the corn field beyond the range. I'll also try hitting my Rescue 11 off a tee and see if it equals the hype.

Last edited:
blugold - I know I like you. Your comments in this 108 page thread really convinced me that I had made a good purchase. Maybe I'll stay a member but block out those I don't like.

Please do, its a great forum. :act-up:

blugold - I know I like you. Your comments in this 108 page thread really convinced me that I had made a good purchase. Maybe I'll stay a member but block out those I don't like.

You should of course stay a member and we are glad to have you. Head over to the check in desk and introduce yourself and let us know a thing or two about yourself.

I do not like the Rescue 11 hybrid.

blugold - I know I like you. Your comments in this 108 page thread really convinced me that I had made a good purchase getting the Rescue 11. Maybe I'll stay a member but block out those I don't like.

I can't explain the distance I get any other way than measuring it the way I do and the club technology. I may try to dial my R11 down to 8 degrees tomorrow and see if I can hit it into the corn field beyond the range.

I appreciate that.

Don't worry about explaining it to us. Just keep bombing fairways. If I could swing a driver 105 mph, I would whenever I had a chance.

haters.gif

coolbreeze -- I really like your videos testing the R11 irons. I've got to try those next!

I completely understand your comment on the Rescue 11 as it's not very forgiving. I haven't found any middle ground when it comes to hybrids. Either I like a model or I don't. My favorite before the Rescue 11 was the Adams Pro A12. I still have it and like to use/abuse it on the range to work on shaping shots. Should save my Rescue 11 some wear n tear from those rocks they call range balls. They have a similar clubface shape.

I thought the Nike VR hybrid was the worst I'd ever bought. I didn't realize that until owning the A12 and Rescue 11. IMO, Nike's "compression channel" is a joke.

Last edited:
Back