TaylorMade RocketBladez - Review Thread

That's great BigTex. I think they'll serve her well in the long run. Just might take a little time to get used to how they react for her.

That is a great report Tex, thanks for sharing. I am really happy she is pleased with the clubs and love reading about the practical ways this technology package helps golfers. Great stuff.

It is going to be very interesting seeing how these clubs play as the weather warms up. I had a lesson tonight and with the help of my pro was smoothing the 7i 170 with deep, high, penetrating ball flight. Smash factor of 1.46. Then he turned on a Trackman feature called Normalize and it projects those shots would be 195-200 yards with normal temps and non range balls. That is just stupid long for me.

If someone has asked this question already I apologize but has anybody been able to test the rocketbladez vs. the tours??? Being lefty Im having a hard time getting my hands on the tours​

I have the same.....uh...problem, lefty and have not had the ability to test the tours as I prefer the less offset and thinner topline and sole. Anyone?
thanks

I have the same.....uh...problem, lefty and have not had the ability to test the tours as I prefer the less offset and thinner topline and sole. Anyone?
thanks
See page 183, post 2739 by mossotti.

The FST90 shaft is what came in the R11 irons I believe, can't honestly say I have tried those.

Not sure what they are like compared to the KBS Tour 90 shaft, which I can say from experience is a high launching shaft and superbly easy to hit especially once you have some rhythm going in your swing.

Hmmm..interesting. I'm not going to jump to any conclusions just yet, the most likely cause of any issues is still the Indian! I have in my head that the heavier shaft requires me to go after the ball a bit more, which results in my body weight going forward too much, de lofting and losing the great high trajectory that I had with the stock shafts. Also, the rhythm goes....etc etc. I suspect the answer, is a little old fashioned practice! And an open mind.

That's awesome, hope she does well with them.

Hey all,

So I got fitted for a set of Rocketbladez yesterday the 9th of March. I have included an image of the Ping Fitting readout that was emailed to me afterwards.

Here's what my old set was. I had a set of '04 Callaway Big Berthas that were standard length and 1deg upright. They had Nippon 990 Stiff Uniflex shafts. The Six Iron I brought with me to the fitting is shown in the link below and I hit it much better than I normally would, contact felt better, but went about 180 to 185 on a good day normally.

And after an hour or so of narrowing things down, I ended up with the Rocketbladez that were 3deg upright and .5" long and had KBS Tour X Shafts, and as you can see, my average Seven Iron was 195 or so and I hit three pure shots that went over 210...Blew me away was putting it nicely, I was amazed.

I had a few chunked shots here and there, but they were all within a puttable distance from the center of the green. I soooo can't wait to get these in!!

Thanks all!

Matt

RocketbladezFitting.jpg
[/IMG]

thanks
I had a chance to hit the tour and non tour 7 irons in left hand a couple of weeks ago.
I found the I hit the tours very straight time after time , non tours a bit of draw and was missing my line to the right a bit I think the lies were a touch too upright and longer shafts may have some effect on the results.
The tours feel softer and quieter , non tours louder and seemed more powerful
10-15 yards longer than the tours.
I would really like to try the regular rbladez's with graphite and 1 or 2* flat .
gb

Great stuff, Matt. Thanks for sharing. Be sure to come back and share your thoughts after you are able to game them.

I want to thank the testers for an extended testing and their reviews. This forum testing is now complete. Please feel free to continue discussing the irons at your leisure of course.

This one opened some eyes I believe. Not just on the irons that were reviewed but the talk of iron preference. We had guys who came from more GE irons and when they put these in the bag you saw an interesting debate between what they should play from here out. Great job guys.

Great job with the reviews fellas, I think this helped open some eyes and convert some believers over to this line.

Great reviews everyone! Well done.

Nice set of irons. A couple minor QC issues, i.e. the badges falling off for a couple people. Other than that, they did exactly what they were supposed to. Hit the ball high and far and performed off-center, especially low on the face. Had to put them away for some other iron testing and I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss them a bit already.

I would like to take a moment to thank the entire THP community (with a special thanks to JB, GG and our four regular product testers / forum leadrers) and TaylorMade for this, my first opportunity, to test a product. It was some work, but it was also exciting, fun and very educational. I very much enjoyed the personal journey with the clubs. And at least equally satisfying was vicariously experiencing that journey again and again as other members gamed the RocketBladez too. Thanks again for the chance to contribute to the community in this way.

Last edited:
I do also want to say the actual forum testers here did a great job. Really impressed with the content that came out of this.

Taylormade have this thread to thank for my purchase of the RBladez as it was the rave reviews on here that got me interested in the first place.

Almost certainly the best move I made was purchasing these irons, going for the KBS shafts and getting them custom fit for me. Has made a monumental difference to my game in general and I am enjoying Golf far more because of it!

I do also want to say the actual forum testers here did a great job. Really impressed with the content that came out of this.

I fully agree here. It kept rolling and the info kept coming. Lots of unique looks/viewpoints/thoughts on things through this one.

I want to thank the testers for an extended testing and their reviews. This forum testing is now complete. Please feel free to continue discussing the irons at your leisure of course.

Wow, that flew by! A sincere thank you to JB, GG, the THP community, Taylormade, and the other testers for the great opportunity. This was my first testing experience, which was a lot of fun and certainly brought a whole new angle to the way I think about equipment, and my game.

This one opened some eyes I believe. Not just on the irons that were reviewed but the talk of iron preference. We had guys who came from more GE irons and when they put these in the bag you saw an interesting debate between what they should play from here out. Great job guys.

That was exactly my biggest take away. Yes, I am an "above average to good" golfer. Yes, I previously thought that I should be playing "better players" irons. However, because of my experience with the Rocketbladez, I have completely new view on golf equipment.

Thank you JB, GolferGal, and TaylorMade for the opportunity! This was a truly great experience. As I just mentioned above, being able to test the rocketbladez completely changed my line of through around equipment and what was best for my game. I plan on doing a full summary of my testing experience sometime this week.

I know myself and the other testers will remain active on this thread and continue to answer questions for all THPers!

Back