TaylorMade SLDR Driver - Forum Testing Signup

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

pic49.jpg

The Club
Last month TaylorMade released this driver and tour acceptance was very quick. We want to find out how it works for regular golfers like us as well.

Criteria

You must be able to play golf (either on course, driving range or indoor facility).
4 Forum Members will be selected to participate along with War Eagle.
If selected, shipping is free for Albatross Club members only.
If you are not a member & would like to become one, click here.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the driver out (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You must be on the forum to answer questions throughout the testing period as well as discuss the driver thoroughly.

This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out the forum testing example thread here.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions and be specific.

1. What driver are you currently playing?
2. What loft are you currently playing?
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver?
4. Are you RH or LH?
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you could find out about testing before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

Testers
War Eagle
PhillyV
Rpbgator
jt2929
Paladin

Last edited:
I am SO glad to see this driver get out to THP Forum testing!!!!!!!!!!

It's a game changer. Cannot wait for the feedback. Thanks THP and TaylorMade!

I would love to test this!
1. What driver are you currently playing? Cobra Amp Cell

2. What loft are you currently playing? 10.5
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Stiff Fujikura Fuel
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not tried the SLDR as of yet.

Heck yes! This is going to be interesting. Put a lot of research into this club, and it perform for most everyone that hit it in Orlando. THP and Taylormade killing it.

Bridgestone J40

Graphite Design Tour ADDI 7 Stiff +1"

4. Are you RH or LH?
RH

After a few swings I felt that it wasnt as forgiving as other taylormade options but was long. Id love to spend some time and get dialed in and see how this tech could improve on my current driving, which is long and almost straight.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cleveland Classic 310
2. What loft are you currently playing? 9.5
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Kusala Black in stiff
4. Are you RH or LH? Righty
I have not

Based on the feedback from the guys in Florida at the Ultimate Testing Event, this should be an awesome one to follow along with. Thank you THP and Taylormade!!!!!!

Incredible opportunity here!!

1. What driver are you currently playing? TM R1
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? RIP Phenom / stiff
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? No, I have not

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway X-Hot
2. What loft are you currently playing? 10.5*
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Project X Velocity Stiff shaft
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I haven't, but TaylorMade always does a great job with their drivers. I expect similar greatness with the SLDR.

Thanks THP and Taylormade for the opportunity!

A lot of guys were hitting the SLDR in Orlando and absolutely loving it. Glad to see that 4 lucky THPers will have the opportunity to test this driver - they won't be disappointed.

A huge thank you to Taylormade and THP for such a great opportunity!

Incredible stuff.

The initial reviews on the SLDR have been extremely positive. I am really looking forward to seeing how the testers find this driver.

Thanks to THP and TaylorMade for this incredible testing opportunity.

Sweet! Should be a good one to follow. Thanks to THP and Taylormade.

Awesome Opportunity! Thanks THP and Taylormade!!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cobra AMP Cell Masters Edition
2. What loft are you currently playing? 11.5*
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Diamana D+ Whiteboard in Stiff
4. Are you RH or LH? Righty
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not tried it yet.

Great testing opportunity, based on the feedback from the guys who have hit this I am super anxious to try it myself!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway X Hot Pro
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Fubuki K Series Stiff
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not had a chance to hit one yet.

Good luck to everyone interested in this testing opportunity. Thanks TaylorMade and THP!

1. What driver are you currently playing? R1 TP
2. What loft are you currently playing? 8.75
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Switch Between Oban Kiyoshi White X-Stiff and RIP TP 65g X-Stiff
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? Yes, It feels GOOD! I hope that of all of the attempts I have made to be a tester I get on board for this one as I have discovered a range with a launch monitor outdoors. It actual tracks ball flight and numbers as well!

Last edited:
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Fujikura Fuel shaft in Stiff
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? Have not hit it yet but very intrigued!

Thanks THP & Taylormade

A great opportunity to test this driver. It is on my short list right now.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Titleist 975J-VS

2. What loft are you currently playing? 9.5 degrees
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Stiff
4. Are you RH or LH? Right handed
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I hit it at a sporting goods store when it first came out. Loved the weight of the driver and it allowed me to gain about 20 yards on the simulator from my normal drive. Would love to hit is outside though.

Waaay cool ! I really want in on this one.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Taylormade R-11

2. What loft are you currently playing? 9 degree

3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Motore Speeder VC 6.0 Stiff

4. Are you RH or LH? RH

5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not had the chance to hit one of these yet. It looks like a real beauty and would love to be part of this testing.

Thanks THP and Taylormade !!

Absolutely, another great opportunity for THPers. I asked the staff at our local Edwin Watts if they had a SLDR for Demo. Sadly, they do not.
1. What driver are you currently playing? Taylor Made R1
2. What loft are you currently playing? set at 9.5
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Stock Aldila Phenom - STIFF
4. Are you RH or LH? Right
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? No, have not been able to try one yet.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Ping G20

2. What loft are you currently playing? 9.5*

3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Ping TFC 169D Tour in X-stiff flex

4. Are you RH or LH? RH

5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not had the opportunity to try out the SLDR.

Thanks THP and Taylormade for this amazing testing opportunity!

Another great opportunity from THP!

2. What loft are you currently playing? 9.5* Draw setting
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Currently Fujikura Fuel regular shaft, but will almost certainly switch to the Aldila NV65 stiff this weekend
4. Are you RH or LH? Right-Handed
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? Haven't tried it, but am really intrigued by the high level of customization it brings to the table.

Last edited:
I really appreciate TaylorMade offering the opportunity for forum testing of the SLDR Drivers.

I am currently playing mostly with a Callaway X Hot, but keep going back and forth with a TaylorMade R1 as well.

The Callaway X Hot is 10.5 degree and I usually play the R1 on the standard 10 degree setting.

I have an Aldila NVS 65 Stiff in the X Hot and a Miyazaki Kusala Blue 61S in the R1.

4. Are you RH or LH?

RH

I have not tried the SLDR yet. The looks are very appealing, as is the fact that it is a lower spinning head. When I hit the R1 on a monitor earlier in the year (with the Kusala Blue in it), I was able to get good launch numbers, but the spin was still too high. I think a lower spinning head that would allow me to increase the loft would be a really positive combination for me.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions and be specific.

TaylorMade Burner 2.0 TP
10.5*
Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard stiff flex
4. Are you RH or LH?
RH
I have not. I bought the R1 at the beginning of the season and was very disappointed with it and went back to my Burner and changed the shaft with excellent results. Would love to see the SLDR redeem my faith in TM as the best woods manufacturer on the market.

TaylorMade SLDR Driver - Forum Testing Signup

Currently I am playing the Callaway XHot Pro.

The loft of my driver is 9.5*

I'm using the Project X PXV shaft in a stiff flex (6.0)

4. Are you RH or LH?
I am Left Handed

I have not tried the SLDR, but I do know what it's capable of. I'd love to test it and see the science in it.

Thank you THP & TaylorMade for another exhilarating testing opportunity and for making it all possible.

Last edited:
1. What driver are you currently playing? Adams F11
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Aldila Voodoo Regular
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back