TaylorMade SLDR Driver - Forum Testing Signup

Status
Not open for further replies.
love seeing all the signups for this one
Agreed. A great group of THPer's is going to get to test an awesome driver. Can't wait for the reviews!

Ditto, this is seriously a massive signup thread. From the brief time I have spent with it, seems like an awesome driver - those selected are in for a treat!

Should be a ton of awesome feedback from testers on this one when they're announced etc

Definitely! It's an intriguing club and it was awesome to hit.

Absolutely. I still have daydreams of VanSweden cheering me on while I blistered his designed head/shaft setup to nearly perfect launch conditions (for me).

Sidebar: Still can't believe I was 1.49 on Smash factor. Not used to that with a driver head.

Absolutely. I still have daydreams of VanSweden cheering me on while I blistered his designed head/shaft setup to nearly perfect launch conditions (for me).

Sidebar: Still can't believe I was 1.49 on Smash factor. Not used to that with a driver head.

I keep hearing low spin, and I think that would suit me fairly well.

1.49...wow.

I really would like to shaft one of these up with a Radix like whats in my R11 or even something like a Red Tie. This is sounds like a very versatile head. I'm highly intrigued with this head and the more research I do, the more I'm liking what I read.

I keep hearing low spin, and I think that would suit me fairly well.

It's a term that gets thrown around quite a bit with the head, but with a 9.5/10.5 and 12* option, I am sure many different types of shafts can promote the ideal launch and spin for the head design.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Ping g25
2. What loft are you currently playing? 9*
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Tour Stiff
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? Tried it on monitors and walked away meh... Would like to give er a go on course. Sounded better than the r1

Bump back up for a great friend of THP and a great testing chance.

Seeing both players in the final group of the Tour Championship with these in the bag yesterday made me even more anxious to hear what THPers have to say about them!!!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Titliest 910 D2
2. What loft are you currently playing? 10.5
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Diamana Regular 61g
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not tried the SLDR yet but it looks like an awesome driver and I would love to have a go, good luck and thanks THP for the awesome opportunity!

1. What driver are you currently playing?
Cleveland Classic 290
2. What loft are you currently playing?
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver?
Miyazaki C. Kua 43s. Stiff
4. Are you RH or LH?
RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts?
No, I haven't tried

Great opportunity. Really interested in the slider technology and how this club performs versus othe TM drivers

I couldn't wait so I bought one today. I'd be more than happy to participate in the reviews though. Especially if it will help future consideration of testing equipment ;)

I couldn't wait so I bought one today. I'd be more than happy to participate in the reviews though. Especially if it will help future consideration of testing equipment ;)

Definitely get involved BB, I can't wait to hear your thoughts and see it first hand in Vegas!!

I would like to get a TaylorMade back in my bag to hopefully pick up some distance.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cobra ZL Encore
2. What loft are you currently playing? 9.5*
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? B.Asha 5s
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I am still waiting for a chance to hit this side by side with my current driver.

Thanks TaylorMade and THP.

Anxious to here who gets to demo and review this driver. I hope I am one.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Taylormade Burner Superfast 1.0
2. What loft are you currently playing?
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver?
Stock Matrix Ozik in Stiff
4. Are you RH or LH?
RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts?
Yes, once at Golfsmith but it was 9.5 and all stock and I didn't have a wrench to change the settings. The 9.5 in this club launched way lower than my 9.5 I normally play as well as others I hit that day, but it had more distance. From what I've read I think I need a higher loft in the SLDR compared to other drivers to really optimize the flight and distance.

I'd love to have the opportunity to test this club out and report my findings to the board. I go to the club by work at least once a week to hit balls and have lunch, so I could definitely up the number of times I do that and get plenty of good practice time in with it!

My phone has been blowing up with double notifications! Look forward to hearing all the reviews on this driver

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

1. What driver are you currently playing? R1 TP
2. What loft are you currently playing? 10*
3. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? GD Tour AD DI 7X (X stiff)
4. Are you RH or LH? RH
5. Have you tried the SLDR & if so, what were your thoughts? I have not.

Wow, another great testing opportunity on THP - a BIG thanks to :taylormade:!! I'll pass on this as I am likely to only be playing once a week now and that is usually in competitions so wouldn't have a chance to test it properly.

Testers will be selected shortly.

Good luck everyone. I'm really looking forward to hearing the forums thoughts on this one.

I think it will be a great driver for a lot if people and the adjustability just seems easy compared to some previous TM offerings.

I'll be interested to see what loft the testers get, whether they can get it dialed in adjustability wise, and if the stock shaft (I assume) works for each.

Good luck everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back