TaylorMade SpeedBlade Irons Review Thread

I might let you hit mine.

He can hit mine after I hit him in his liver :alien:

Seriously though, mine are fair game. Really looking forward to hitting the stock shafts side by side with the CTL's.

I will hit both of your 7 irons and single handedly determine who has the better set

Just want to thank you all for the feedback...one, it's helping me live vicariously thru you until these become available, and two, really helping me make an informed decision. I really hope when I start comparing launch numbers at my fitting they bear the results i think they will. Love these sticks.

Mike Dean the club dictator.

I do really wanna try the CTL's out, Ive yet to hit them and have obviously fallen in love this year with the lighter weight shafts

I do really wanna try the CTL's out, Ive yet to hit them and have obviously fallen in love this year with the lighter weight shafts

I'm a fan, I was juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit ecstatic when Bob and I started talking about them after my fitting.

I do still need to get my lie angles adjusted soon though. I keep forgetting.

He can hit mine after I hit him in his liver :alien:

Seriously though, mine are fair game. Really looking forward to hitting the stock shafts side by side with the CTL's.

Those are shafts I need to hit

Those are shafts I need to hit

Yes they are. They're something else, I think they could be more-so for me in these. Crazy excited to have a setup I was fit for.

Yes they are. They're something else, I think they could be more-so for me in these. Crazy excited to have a setup I was fit for.

JMAN, were you able to get the CTL's in a .370" tip size...I believe that is the size of the stock shaft...just curious...thanks

JMAN, were you able to get the CTL's in a .370" tip size...I believe that is the size of the stock shaft...just curious...thanks

Brass shims!

I have a fitting Saturday for my new sticks I am picking out. Reading the last few pages of reviews of these irons makes me want to go ahead and order these bad boys.

Well, its just about packing time for the Vegas Invitational. I've decided I'm bringing the Speedblades, which speaks pretty well of how much I'm enjoying them and hitting them already. I'll probably pack the 3 and 4 Altitude hybrids, but 5 on down will be the Blades for sure. AW through 6 I'm hitting them about as well as I've ever hit the Altitudes. Similar distance, similar height and accuracy, with the added benefit that they actually look good too! Struggling enough with the 4 and even the 5 a little bit that I'm still more consistent with the Tudes in the lower lofts. But that may change with time and/or a shaft change.

Had a lesson at golftec today and afterwards, hit a bunch of 6 irons on the foresight monitor. Pretty solid numbers. Launch around 15 degrees, ball speed in the mid 120s and carry right around 200 yards on average. That was with crummy Srixon practice balls too and my spin was at or over 6000 rpms. These irons flat out perform for me in the distance department, particularly when I put a nice, in tempo swing on the ball.

I'm playing 54 holes this weekend (today, tomorrow, and Sunday with a group of THPers). I'm hoping to have some feedback from the guys I'm playing with as well as a bunch of my own thoughts posted by Monday. I struggled the last time out (my swing, nothing to do with any of my clubs), so I'm anxious to see how this goes.

I'm playing 54 holes this weekend (today, tomorrow, and Sunday with a group of THPers). I'm hoping to have some feedback from the guys I'm playing with as well as a bunch of my own thoughts posted by Monday. I struggled the last time out (my swing, nothing to do with any of my clubs), so I'm anxious to see how this goes.

Two of those rounds are with me, so there will be plenty of pictures and notes. Plus, I am hoping that we will have ample opportunity to let the 6 or 7 other THPers that are there - hit the SpeedBlades. There will even be another lefty!

Two of those rounds are with me, so there will be plenty of pictures and notes. Plus, I am hoping that we will have ample opportunity to let the 6 or 7 other THPers that are there - hit the SpeedBlades. There will even be another lefty!

Yes, but will there be another lefty who hits a 7 iron 210 yards. THAT's the question.

New on here, so Hi all. Ordered mine will be here next week, i hope! Very excited about these, hit the Rocketbladez, miles, just could not get used to the chunkiness. These look so much better, will report back as soon as i get them.

New on here, so Hi all. Ordered mine will be here next week, i hope! Very excited about these, hit the Rocketbladez, miles, just could not get used to the chunkiness. These look so much better, will report back as soon as i get them.

Welcome to THP! Look forward to hearing what you think about them.

Welcome! Please let us know what you think of the irons!

Yes, but will there be another lefty who hits a 7 iron 210 yards. THAT's the question.

I am going to give him the 5 iron and tell him it is the 7.. :)

Had the opportunity to spend some quality time with the 6-iron in this set yesterday on the range then used it during 36 I was able to sneak in during an empty afternoon on the course. Having played the Rocketbladez for a good chunk of this year I was expecting a rebadged iron but to my surprise this thing is a significant improvement. What was noticeably better for me was the sound, trajectory, dispersion, and even a bit of improved carry distance. The forgiveness off the toe remains strong but the low miss is incredibly forgiving now. Caught a few of my typical misses, low/thinned, that got up, held their line and gave me most of the distance I could expect out of a 6-iron. I'm going to take it out to the range after dinner and see if the results stay the course.

Had the opportunity to spend some quality time with the 6-iron in this set yesterday on the range then used it during 36 I was able to sneak in during an empty afternoon on the course. Having played the Rocketbladez for a good chunk of this year I was expecting a rebadged iron but to my surprise this thing is a significant improvement. What was noticeably better for me was the sound, trajectory, dispersion, and even a bit of improved carry distance. The forgiveness off the toe remains strong but the low miss is incredibly forgiving now. Caught a few of my typical misses, low/thinned, that got up, held their line and gave me most of the distance I could expect out of a 6-iron. I'm going to take it out to the range after dinner and see if the results stay the course.

Great info coming from someone who in essence was able to hit these two clubs side by side. There has been a lot of inquiry about the SpeedBlades as compared to the RocketBladez. I'm sure any further insight would be appreciated.

I'll be having quite a few people take hacks with these today, varying in HCP from 4-18. Should give me a great base for another write up! Keep your eyes on Jman this weekend. These with a CTL combo may be a huge winner for him.

Great info coming from someone who in essence was able to hit these two clubs side by side. There has been a lot of inquiry about the SpeedBlades as compared to the RocketBladez. I'm sure any further insight would be appreciated.

I'll be happy to provide as I test them out some more. I was quite skeptical going in that these were nothing more than a rebadging but I'm willing to admit I may have been wrong.

I'll be happy to provide as I test them out some more. I was quite skeptical going in that these were nothing more than a rebadging but I'm willing to admit I may have been wrong.

This is what interests me the most. While I am sure there are advancements is it worth the extra money for these vs buying a set of RBz as they are bound to drop in price upon the SBz release.

It is on the range a few minutes ago came away pretty impressed. Nice high launch with ample forgiveness of the toe.

Back