TaylorMade TM-880 Maranello Ghost

10YardDraw

Ex Club Ho
Reaction score
Handicap
Slow Play!
Hey everybody my TM-880 Tour Maranello Ghost showed up today and i just wanted to share some thoughts and pics. I didnt add this to the TM Tour Ghost thread since it hasnt seen much action recently but if it needs moved to it sorry.

The first thing i noticed when i unboxed the putter was the weight, its a good bit heavier than my daytona 1 ghost was, i had to have lead tape on it to get it to where i like it but the TM-880 is a great weight, no lead tape neaded on it.
Im gonna change the grip to a Iomic since i love that putter grip but the stock winn isnt to bad, it feels stickier than the stock daytona 1 ghost grip.

Here is where im really loving this putter, Pure Roll Insert! This is a huge improvement over the AGSI+(to soft), at least to me. Its a much firmer insert than the AGSI+ and seem to get the ball rolling a little more true. I love the AGSI+ Steel tour insert that i got to try out on a tour putter and the new Pure Roll isnt far off in feel from that. Huge Huge improvement!

Shape is just awesome, this is the one i have wanted in the ghost finish the whole time and its finally here. Just a classic head shape, i also love that its heel shafted with 1/2 offset instead of 1 shaft offset like the rest of them.
Love that the Rossa badge is off and it just says Taylormade in the cavity, its actually carved in and not a sticker/badge like the daytona 1. The 3 lines i also love, loved it on my corza ghost when i had it and also wished my daytona 1 had 3.

Black sole looks awesome, i think its a great way to help keep the sole look clean. What can i say im a TM Ho lol. Enjoy the pics and if you have any questions let me know.
TM-880TopUpClose.jpg
[/IMG]
TM-880Top.jpg
[/IMG]
TM-880TOE.jpg
[/IMG]
TM-880Sole.jpg
[/IMG]
TM-880Insert.jpg
[/IMG]
TM-880Heel.jpg
[/IMG]

Beautiful putter 10yard!! That is my favorite ghost putter to date.

They look like they are making great improvements to the ghost line.

Beautiful putter 10yard!! That is my favorite ghost putter to date.

Thanks, mine too. They really hit the spot with the new ghost line, i think they are perfect. Classy looking is a word that comes to mind

I love mine, I just threw on a med. white Iomic grip. Perfect fit on a perfectly weighted putter.

That putter looks great!

That's a great looking putter! TM is really bringing it with the Ghost line this year!

I love mine, I just threw on a med. white Iomic grip. Perfect fit on a perfectly weighted putter.

Gotta love those Iomics, IMO best putter grip there is. I use the biggest one, Oversized or large whatever its called, i have big hands so these stock grips feel tiny. I cant decide what color to get this time, had the mint green last time and now im stumped lol

That is one slick looking putter. I was just looking at this thing like 10 minutes ago.

I would love to see one of these with a black nickel shaft in there.. or one in lefty.. or both?

Thanks guys and gals, a black nickel shaft would look SICK in it, ummm vibrant might be getting a call from me later this summer lol.

That is my dream putter right now! Thanks for the great write up and pics!

No problem, thanks for all the info and pics/vids in the Kingdom thread, you putted with this why you were there didnt you, thought you said you did

Thanks guys and gals, a black nickel shaft would look SICK in it, ummm vibrant might be getting a call from me later this summer lol.

Black nickel with iomic white midsize? Please yes

Nice write up 10yarddraw! I have the 110 and really like it. I put a white Iomic Absolute on mine and it feels great. Have you heard if they are going to offer the weight kits for these?

No problem, thanks for all the info and pics/vids in the Kingdom thread, you putted with this why you were there didnt you, thought you said you did
This is all I putted with at the Kingdom and on the putting green after supper on Saturday night. I rolled a few with the rest of the Ghost line just to get to know a little bit about how they all felt but this one stood out and we spent the rest of the day together, it was amazing! I absolutely love the weighting and the balance of this putter, I'm telling you I'd game this thing NOW if I had one. In fact I don't know why I don't have one yet....why don't I have one?

Nice write up 10yarddraw! I have the 110 and really like it. I put a white Iomic Absolute on mine and it feels great. Have you heard if they are going to offer the weight kits for these?

you can already get them, its the same one as the KiaMa. Im gonna be looking on ebay for one, or a WTB in the for sale section. The weight is almost perfect i think, much heavier feeling than the previous ghost line. Im still not sure what color im gonna go with, hard choice lol

This is all I putted with at the Kingdom and on the putting green after supper on Saturday night. I rolled a few with the rest of the Ghost line just to get to know a little bit about how they all felt but this one stood out and we spent the rest of the day together, it was amazing! I absolutely love the weighting and the balance of this putter, I'm telling you I'd game this thing NOW if I had one. In fact I don't know why I don't have one yet....why don't I have one?

Nice, i dont know why but i can give you some advice, ORDER ONE RIGHT NOW lol.

you can already get them, its the same one as the KiaMa. Im gonna be looking on ebay for one, or a WTB in the for sale section. The weight is almost perfect i think, much heavier feeling than the previous ghost line. Im still not sure what color im gonna go with, hard choice lol

Ah, thanks for the info. If I remember correctly, the weight kits for the KiaMa's weren't very easy to find. I love the weighting in the new ghost's compared to last years. Last years daytona felt really light to me.

Ah, thanks for the info. If I remember correctly, the weight kits for the KiaMa's weren't very easy to find. I love the weighting in the new ghost's compared to last years. Last years daytona felt really light to me.

they pop up every once in awhile, i have seen some recently on ebay. Ya the weight is much better, my daytona 1 ghost i just sold was way to light for me.

Like 10 yd draw said the Kia Ma weight kits will work. I got mine through Golfsmith and they have to call taylormade to order. It is weird, we had the TM part# but, it wasn't online to order. Runs around $55 to $60.

IMG_4702.jpg

Make it in black and Ill buy one

Back