TaylorMade TM-880 Maranello Ghost

Nope, no lefty :sad:

thats to bad, maybe you can learn to put righty lol, have my Oversized Iomic on the way as well, these stock grips are way to small for me.

thats to bad, maybe you can learn to put righty lol, have my Oversized Iomic on the way as well, these stock grips are way to small for me.

I'm very seriously considering switching so I can use the Maranello or the Fontana

That is my dream putter VERY NICE! I can dream all I want though I'll never get it.

we might! we both drew taylormade for the morgan cup! This is one ive been eyeing too. Its my fav so far!

we might! we both drew taylormade for the morgan cup! This is one ive been eyeing too. Its my fav so far!

If I was with Taylormade for the Morgan Cup I would have opt for this putter. It is my favorite of the Ghost Tour putters.

Don't want to call out a teammate but ummmm SKIMMER! Doesn't come in lefty.

Nope, no lefty :sad:

Oh man, I forgot about that, not good. I feel your pain, my dad is a lefty and can't get his hands on stuff he wants!

Oh man, I forgot about that, not good. I feel your pain, my dad is a lefty and can't get his hands on stuff he wants!

Sucks sometimes man, you can't get 4 woods, all the different loft and bounce combos in wedges, or a lot of putters. Just the way it is I guess. I'm really hoping that this putter could be avalable in lefty by the time the Morgan Cup comes around. They only have one Ghost putter in lefty as of now, and while I'm used to less options as a lefty, normally you get more than just one option.

haha that made me laugh. Hopefully there is enough demand for it and you guys get your lefty version. I think it sucks how leftys have such a limit when it comes to certain clubs but i also understand where the OEM's are coming from since there are so FEW left handed golfers

Haha doh!!! You caught me :)

Tapping and talking since 2010.

What's stupid is that they have the mid mallet model in the 79 series in lefty. WHy not offer it with the ghost tour model too? Just insane..

Hey everybody my TM-880 Tour Maranello Ghost showed up today and i just wanted to share some thoughts and pics. I didnt add this to the TM Tour Ghost thread since it hasnt seen much action recently but if it needs moved to it sorry.

The first thing i noticed when i unboxed the putter was the weight, its a good bit heavier than my daytona 1 ghost was, i had to have lead tape on it to get it to where i like it but the TM-880 is a great weight, no lead tape neaded on it.
Im gonna change the grip to a Iomic since i love that putter grip but the stock winn isnt to bad, it feels stickier than the stock daytona 1 ghost grip.

Here is where im really loving this putter, Pure Roll Insert! This is a huge improvement over the AGSI+(to soft), at least to me. Its a much firmer insert than the AGSI+ and seem to get the ball rolling a little more true. I love the AGSI+ Steel tour insert that i got to try out on a tour putter and the new Pure Roll isnt far off in feel from that. Huge Huge improvement!

Shape is just awesome, this is the one i have wanted in the ghost finish the whole time and its finally here. Just a classic head shape, i also love that its heel shafted with 1/2 offset instead of 1 shaft offset like the rest of them.
Love that the Rossa badge is off and it just says Taylormade in the cavity, its actually carved in and not a sticker/badge like the daytona 1. The 3 lines i also love, loved it on my corza ghost when i had it and also wished my daytona 1 had 3.

Black sole looks awesome, i think its a great way to help keep the sole look clean. What can i say im a TM Ho lol. Enjoy the pics and if you have any questions let me know.
TM-880TopUpClose.jpg
[/IMG]
TM-880Top.jpg
[/IMG]
TM-880TOE.jpg
[/IMG]
TM-880Sole.jpg
[/IMG]
TM-880Insert.jpg
[/IMG]
TM-880Heel.jpg
[/IMG]

Question for anybody who has a new TM putter with the pure roll insert, you see the red marks on my insert in the 2nd to last pic, does yours have anything like that? I thought it was from my putting line on my ball since its drawn on with a red sharpie but the mark on the insert will not come off, i tryed water and goo gone with no luck.

if you used a red sharpie to mark ball - then it has to be from the ball. did you mark the ball right before you putted? if i use a sharpie - ive never seen the marker come off. I would be afraid to use a powerful solvent to try and remove it - but worst case i think some diluted rubbing alcohol might work. Let some of the other guys chime in as someone may have encountered this before hopefully. still a gorgeous putter

if you used a red sharpie to mark ball - then it has to be from the ball. did you mark the ball right before you putted? if i use a sharpie - ive never seen the marker come off. I would be afraid to use a powerful solvent to try and remove it - but worst case i think some diluted rubbing alcohol might work. Let some of the other guys chime in as someone may have encountered this before hopefully. still a gorgeous putter

No they were marked weeks and months ago lol, it did it sometimes on my daytona 1 ghost but on the paint when i would just move a ball around to get it where i wanted but it came off with just water. I know it doesnt affect the way it plays or anything just kinda bugs me

I absolutely love this putter! I've rolled it, albeit a right handed model, and I love it. If it were available to me, I'd buy it. I'm a sucker for a heel shafted putter, I can admit it.

I absolutely love this putter! I've rolled it, albeit a right handed model, and I love it. If it were available to me, I'd buy it. I'm a sucker for a heel shafted putter, I can admit it.

haha me too, love me some heel shafted

haha me too, love me some heel shafted

You know, the most famous Left handed golfer of all time has been putting with a heel shafted putter for as long as I remember. Why on earth wouldn't companies make their heel shafted putters available in LH? It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Allow me to be in the minority here, but the black sole IMO just looks dumb. Love the look of that insert though

Allow me to be in the minority here, but the black sole IMO just looks dumb. Love the look of that insert though

lol it cant please everybody, it really is a great way to help keep it clean, well at least a way to not show the dirt as easy on the sole

You know, the most famous Left handed golfer of all time has been putting with a heel shafted putter for as long as I remember. Why on earth wouldn't companies make their heel shafted putters available in LH? It makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Neither do I TC and I don't know why I keep coming to this thread. My W/S 8876 is almost identical in design to this putter and it is my favorite style of putter to play with. 4 feet and out I putt better with a mid mallet heel shafted putter than anything else. I get not making every putter in LH I'm not the angry "everything should be in LH guy" but a model as popular as this should be available to us as well. Please TM, you make and TC and I will buy it we promise, hell just make two of them.

Also 10yarddraw you need to send that putter to Vibrant golf, you put a mat black finish on that bad boy and he would just be mean looking, with a white grip.

Also 10yarddraw you need to send that putter to Vibrant golf, you put a mat black finish on that bad boy and he would just be mean looking, with a white grip.

you mean matt black shaft cause i love the white and would be crazy to change it lol.

I love the look of this. I think I have at least looked at it 2 times each day.

You have a picture of the grip? Im sure I probably missed it somewhere in here. Also what is the toe hang on it, was it the 3/4 or full? Cant remember.

you mean matt black shaft cause i love the white and would be crazy to change it lol.

Oh ya the shaft not the head, matt black shaft with a white grip would be sick! OEM Kevin had that done on one of his ghosts and its Bad a%$

Oh ya the shaft not the head, matt black shaft with a white grip would be sick! OEM Kevin had that done on one of his ghosts and its Bad a%$

Yeah! Matte black is hands down the best shaft for white headed putters.

From the iPhone.

Question for anybody who has a new TM putter with the pure roll insert, you see the red marks on my insert in the 2nd to last pic, does yours have anything like that? I thought it was from my putting line on my ball since its drawn on with a red sharpie but the mark on the insert will not come off, i tryed water and goo gone with no luck.

I have blown sharpie right off of balls before, but that was only on iron shots.

Sweet looking putter for sure! Did you take these with an iphone under fluorescent lighting?

Back