The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome stat I heard in the car today.

Since 2010, Mack Brown and UT have the 5th best winning percentage.....in the STATE OF TEXAS!! TCU, Houston, Baylor, A&M, and Texas Tech all have better winning percentages.

I don't see what's so awesome about that............

I don't see what's so awesome about that............

The 2 conference championship and 1 NC is good, but when Longhorn fans see OU winning 6 conference championships and 1 NC during the same period the temperature gets hotter in a down year.

Awesome stat I heard in the car today.

Since 2010, Mack Brown and UT have the 5th best winning percentage.....in the STATE OF TEXAS!! TCU, Houston, Baylor, A&M, and Texas Tech all have better winning percentages.

Man I bet they miss colt mccoy

The 2 conference championship and 1 NC is good, but when Longhorn fans see OU winning 6 conference championships and 1 NC during the same period the temperature gets hotter in a down year.

I was being facetious. And that is why Coach Brown is no longer. Win or go home.

I read an interweb report of being offered 100M (10M for 10 years)and 1% ownership of TLN. If even remotely true I am sad for college football.

How many head coaches has Ark St had in the past 5 years?

Jimmy Sexton's plan is actually brilliant. He's started all this "Saban would only leave for Texas" smoke so Saban can have a lifetime contract at Bama, get Jimbo a bump and pave the way for Kirby Smart to Texas, but if Saban does go to Austin, Jimbo to Bama and Smart to Tallahassee he still wins.

Rumors swirling at the notre dame fund raiser my folks attended last night. Coach Kelly also interested in Texas job..and a rumor of a few nfl teams looking at him as a their offensive coordinator

Guy never sticks around anywhere

From USA Today. What a 64 team CFB Playoff would look like:

BbOehY8IgAEzPL6.jpg:large

Any of the Die hard Auburn of FSU guys going to go to the BCS game?

That's awesome, Dev. You see how few teams are really worthy.

now that's just funny right there.

I remember I was in Tuscaloosa for work when Saban was the coach of the Dolphins when he said the same thing about going to Bama. It was the top story on the news that night, and even they knew that when the NFL season was over Saban would be their coach. I also got a 5 dollar parking ticket that day for parking in a 2 hour spot for 6 hours.

From USA Today. What a 64 team CFB Playoff would look like:

BbOehY8IgAEzPL6.jpg:large
I really wish this was a reality, I know it probably won't ever happen, but holy cow it would be amazing!

I really wish this was a reality, I know it probably won't ever happen, but holy cow it would be amazing!

I think you'd have to replace the season, or at least play no non-conference games in regular season to even have a shot at pulling that off. If teams play 13 games now (12 reg season, 1 Conf Championship), you'd be asking the finalists to play 19 games in a 64 team field.

I was 100% convinced your comment was going to be about NEB after I saw you quoted this. I was wrong ha

Alamo Bowl press conference at 10am central time and ESPN is going to cover it now. Will probably stick to the topic but you never know.

Insiders still sticking to their Saban deal is done here. Chip Brown has said he's 50/50 on Saban coming. BOR meeting is suppose to be sometime today.

Alamo Bowl press conference at 10am central time and ESPN is going to cover it now. Will probably stick to the topic but you never know.

Insiders still sticking to their Saban deal is done here. Chip Brown has said he's 50/50 on Saban coming. BOR meeting is suppose to be sometime today.
Pipe dream, Saban isnt going anywhere dude.

Pipe dream, Saban isnt going anywhere dude.

Once you get off the phone with him, give me his number as I would love to ask him myself! Guess we'll all know shortly cause honestly I don't know what to believe right now. Either way it's been fun to consider!

Once you get off the phone with him, give me his number as I would love to ask him myself! Guess we'll all know shortly cause honestly I don't know what to believe right now. Either way it's been fun to consider!

I can tell you that the Bama fan base is moderately nervous. Our conservative insiders seem to be about 75% staying / 25% leaving (retiring or Texas). With my severe lack of connections, I think Saban is at least considering it...all the while doing all the right things as if he was staying. If he goes, he's going to blindside everyone on our end and undo any repairs to his own credibility he's made in the past 6-7 years.

Call him like you did the TM staffers....

I would pay to see that vine video!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back