The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriously though, all the talk this time was from the Texas side...everything coming from Saban all year was that he had no interest in going anywhere. From the Alabama side of things, it really sounded like Texas boosters were floating Saban's name in an effort to break the supporters of Mack, with absolutely no commitment from Saban that he would entertain coming. I don't for a minute think his agent isn't above using the rumors to get Bama's offer higher.

Seriously though, all the talk this time was from the Texas side...everything coming from Saban all year was that he had no interest in going anywhere. From the Alabama side of things, it really sounded like Texas boosters were floating Saban's name in an effort to break the supporters of Mack, with absolutely no commitment from Saban that he would entertain coming. I don't for a minute think his agent isn't above using the rumors to get Bama's offer higher.

I guess this is my point.

He would have been better just to pretend it never happened than say I never considered it. Who gets their contract restructured 1 year after it was just restructured, and a season where they basically regressed? A guy who is offered another job that's who.

I guess this is my point.

He would have been better just to pretend it never happened than say I never considered it. Who gets their contract restructured 1 year after basically regressing? A guy who is offered another job that's who.

I guess I don't see losing a game the way they lost to Auburn as "regressing". How can he pretend it never happened? His name has been brought up non-stop for six months with Texas. He has answered the question three times from the media this season, every time stuff coming from the Texas end. This week he has been recruiting his rear off all the while national media is using random Twitter feeds as "news". The constant rumors are the one thing (other than lack of playing time) that other schools can use to negative recruit against Bama at this point.

Not really true. There were Bama boosters and a few admin. people that started thinking something was up from reports they were getting. Most Texas peeps with the stories but then some Bama peeps started asking questions and weren't getting the answers they thought. Worked out for 'em in the end either way.

I'm going to go throw up now........

Jimmy Sexton played Alabama and Texas like a squeezebox. Impressive agent.

I guess I don't see losing a game the way they lost to Auburn as "regressing". How can he pretend it never happened? His name has been brought up non-stop for six months with Texas. He has answered the question three times from the media this season, every time stuff coming from the Texas end. This week he has been recruiting his rear off all the while national media is using random Twitter feeds as "news". The constant rumors are the one thing (other than lack of playing time) that other schools can use to negative recruit against Bama at this point.

They didn't get an invite to the NC so therefore it's regressing. This is how CFB fans think.

Answers you hear from HC's are always full of truth as well right Donne?

C'mon now.

As far as pretending it never happened? Don't speak to the media. Problem solved.

"I don't know what you're talking about"

Army-Navy is quickly turning into replay of Sundays Philly-Detroit game. Snow falling heavy. Love watching from a warm house and 77* outside. :)

Go Navy! Beat Army!

Its humorous like a soap opera

Yeah, that's good news about Mack.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Texas will get an awesome coach...and it will be fun to have them back among the national elite very soon. Football is better when those traditional programs are good.

Yeah, that's good news about Mack.

Who's your choice to replace Mack Brown now that he's resigned and its a reality?

Last edited:
Who's you choice to replace Mack Brown now that he's resigned and its a reality?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Nick saban...lol

I'd like one of the following. Malzahn, David Shaw, Kirby Smart. Really dreaming-Jim Harbaugh.

Awesome news and at the same time it was Mack shooting the finger at Saban, the big time donors that had tons of leg work done with Nick and the social media sites that pulled the trigger a bit early on the news last week. This is very very interesting that he did this 12 hours Saban resigned his Bama contract. He also did it right before the dead period so coaches can't "officially" talk to recruits now.

We didn't get the devil but there are 20 other coaches that will do just fine as the new Texas Longhorn football coach next year. I have my eye on some NFL'ers and a few big time college football coaches out there right now. If one hits I will be a happy camper. There is some ego's that will need to be repaired after this battle is over but it will happen. Mack/Powers/Patterson had their reasons in the end for letting Saban walk. I hope they have a plan B ready to go.

Nate, recruits can be contacted during the dead period by phone, email, etc. Just not in person.
This whole thing has been a cluster

Nate, recruits can be contacted during the dead period by phone, email, etc. Just not in person.

Are you sure? I thought no coaching contact could be made?

Are you sure? I thought no coaching contact could be made?

I was typing something and decided to look it up and was wrong.

During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.

I was typing something and decided to look it up and was wrong.

During a dead period a college coach may not have face-to-face contact with college-bound student-athletes or their parents, and may not watch student-athletes compete or visit their high schools. Coaches may write and telephone student-athletes or their parents during a dead period.

Got ya! Thanks for the detail. Either way, Mack Brown is GONE!!!! Thank You Jesus!

Comes as no surprise, Jameis Winston wins the Heisman Trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back