The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta admit, as an ACC fan, that was my first thought. What a very weird game. If this kid is the best QB in the country (for the next level), then clearly the NFL is not a passing league.

Boyd looked pretty bad for most of the night, but so did the rest of the offense. Coaches and players. It was a strange game to watch. That Clemson team loses to UGA by three TDs.

I guess you you can chalk some of it up to it being Thursday night on the road, where teams usually struggle a little. But, this particular Clemson team should be better than that.

Boyd looked pretty bad for most of the night, but so did the rest of the offense. Coaches and players. It was a strange game to watch. That Clemson team loses to UGA by three TDs.

I guess you you can chalk some of it up to it being Thursday night on the road, where teams usually struggle a little. But, this particular Clemson team should be better than that.

I feel that everyone has 1 or 2 really "off" games and 1 or 2 really "clicking" games, it is how a good team manages those "off" games than make the difference between a good and a great season.

At first I honestly thought NC State got totally hosed on that call but there's a pretty good picture to show that was the right call. I think we seriously underestimated NC State tonight and I think there's a good chance that they might have much better chance to win more games than expected this year, that team will go far with a little more discipline on things like the false starts, those just kill drives. Speaking of discipline, I really hope Dabo comes down hard on Isaiah Battle for throwing that Mike Tyson upper cut if the NCAA or ACC doesn't, crap like that just looks bad on a program. Just happy to get the W tonight, if it wasn't for the Defense we lose that ball game.
I really have never seen that punch thrown in a football game before, I certainly hope to never see it again. That is the one of the places that a player absolutely cannot protect.
BATTLE-PUNCH.gif

Last edited:
That's a solid right uppercut. Cheap shot, but impressive.

please tell me he got ejected from that game after that?!?

That's a solid right uppercut. Cheap shot, but impressive.

nothing impressive about that . he only out weighs the guy he hits by about 80lbs probably and then runs backwards like Carmelo junior

edit : yep NC state guys stats list him at 5'10 190 and the other dude is listed as 6'7 275

At first I honestly thought NC State got totally hosed on that call but there's a pretty good picture to show that was the right call. I think we seriously underestimated NC State tonight and I think there's a good chance that they might have much better chance to win more games than expected this year, that team will go far with a little more discipline on things like the false starts, those just kill drives. Speaking of discipline, I really hope Dabo comes down hard on Isaiah Battle for throwing that Mike Tyson upper cut if the NCAA or ACC doesn't, crap like that just looks bad on a program. Just happy to get the W tonight, if it wasn't for the Defense we lose that ball game.
I really have never seen that punch thrown in a football game before, I certainly hope to never see it again. That is the one of the places that a player absolutely cannot protect.
BATTLE-PUNCH.gif

I saw this, this morning, holy cow, that was a boxing uppercut right there. I wonder what kind of punishment he will see from the ACC.

Nope. Went to the sideline and smiled.

Dabo go yanked him off the field, then it was announced that he was ejected. On the field, you could see Dabo really pissed of and saying, "are you kidding me?" Several times to him. That was before they showed the replay of what happened.

There's a decent chance that he doesn't play again this season. At a minimum, Dabo will keep him out of the next few games, regardless of what the ACC does. Ridiculous conduct from a kid that apparently has all of the talent in the world to be an elite LT. Things like that will destroy his career quickly, though.

BATTLE-PUNCH.gif

I saw this, this morning, holy cow, that was a boxing uppercut right there. I wonder what kind of punishment he will see from the ACC.

Wow.....that's pretty brutal. You would have to think a few games suspensions right?

Nothing manlier than throwing a punch and then running away.

Dabo go yanked him off the field, then it was announced that he was ejected. On the field, you could see Dabo really pissed of and saying, "are you kidding me?" Several times to him. That was before they showed the replay of what happened.

There's a decent chance that he doesn't play again this season. At a minimum, Dabo will keep him out of the next few games, regardless of what the ACC does. Ridiculous conduct from a kid that apparently has all of the talent in the world to be an elite LT. Things like that will destroy his career quickly, though.

Without a doubt he should be suspended. It will be very telling what the coach decides to do here.

Without a doubt he should be suspended. It will be very telling what the coach decides to do here.

over/under on first half suspension ?

The announcers made reference that if it were to be classified as "fighting" that it's an automatic one game suspension by the NCAA. The refs called it as a Personal Foul. Will be interesting to see if the NCAA or ACC step in with an auto suspension to take this out of Dabo's hands. Dabo seemed really ticked on the sideline

over/under on first half suspension ?

Dabo suspended his all-world receiver for two games for being in a car with pot.

I don't think an "SEC" level suspension is coming for this one. Like I said above, it would not shock me if Battle doesn't see the field again this season.

He would have gotten more than 50 tacos if he knew how to hold onto the football.

Interesting that players are coming out and flat out saying they got extra benefits...something definitely needs to change, and hopefully the NCAA will listen, or else University of Idaho (random entry - they're probably providing extra large fries too) may win a National Championship by default because everyone else is on a bowl ban.

Wonder if the NCAA will even bother investigating items like this (probably outside the statute of limitation anyway) or the five SEC players last week.

Interesting that players are coming out and flat out saying they got extra benefits...something definitely needs to change, and hopefully the NCAA will listen, or else University of Idaho (random entry - they're probably providing extra large fries too) may win a National Championship by default because everyone else is on a bowl ban.

Wonder if the NCAA will even bother investigating items like this (probably outside the statute of limitation anyway) or the five SEC players last week.

What's the statute of limitation in the NCAA?

Ah, I must have turned it to the NFL game and missed it. Last I saw he was smirking on the sideline.

Yeah, as a Nebraska fan it reminded me of a Suh play.

4 years unless it is a particularly egregious offense.

Or, if the actions started more than four years ago but continued to within four years, they are punishable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back