The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know you like your history. Maybe if you and your friend make it to the game, you guys can see some recent history. ie: Heisman & BCS National Championships

back in 1938 sonny we had one helluva team

I know you like your history. Maybe if you and your friend make it to the game, you guys can see some recent history. ie: Heisman & BCS National Championships

So I guess those will be history as well next year when the playoffs are implemented.

BTW, what a quaint, cute little trophy room...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Because Orson Swindle, a huge gator fan, made it up. It should be called the Razorback cup.

Tennessee isn't exempt, but that was a reaction from a Gator fan over an incident that occurred one time over a few month period. This is a opposed to Orson's own team who pulls this type of stuff year in and year out.

Of course somebody is going to try to deflect attention.

Speaking of Deflecting....

Auburn brought home the cup a couple years ago. We blew away the previous high score... Winning

Auburn brought home the cup a couple years ago. We blew away the previous high score... Winning
Of course we did. Go big or go home! 4 dudes arrested for armed robbery!

Of course we did. Go big or go home! 4 dudes arrested for armed robbery!

Too bad it doesn't include alumni... Aaron Hernandez... What school did he go to again?! :D

Too bad it doesn't include alumni... Aaron Hernandez... What school did he go to again?! :D

The list of thugs that were turned out of that program during the Meyer era is long.

Time to Die

Twitter is the absolute best sometimes.

If you need context: http://espn.go.com/college-football...rns-admits-inappropriate-relationship-student

Twitter is the absolute best sometimes.

If you need context: http://espn.go.com/college-football...rns-admits-inappropriate-relationship-student

I see nothing wrong with this. He tells the truth, they are damn hot.

Tommy Bowden must have made the pregame speech tonight. Haven't seen this uninspired a performance since he was walking the sidelines.

Tommy Bowden must have made the pregame speech tonight. Haven't seen this uninspired a performance since he was walking the sidelines.
Wow...13-7?

#RollTahj

I wonder if the Rattlers give Ohio St a run for the money this year?
#GreatBand

#RollTahj

I wonder if the Rattlers give Ohio St a run for the money this year?
#GreatBand
#DrumLine

#GetKrunk

I bet they pick it up in the second half. OL looked pretty wakeful, and Boyd rushed way too much until the last drive.

Still, thursday games are historically a nightmare for Clemson.

I bet they pick it up in the second half. OL looked pretty wakeful, and Boyd rushed way too much until the last drive.

Still, thursday games are historically a nightmare for Clemson.

He looks flat footed when passing, yet you are right, early on he almost looked like he was "afraid" to throw the ball and tucked too soon.

He looks flat footed when passing, yet you are right, early on he almost looked like he was "afraid" to throw the ball and tucked too soon.

He does that. If there's an issue that Boyd really needs to clean up, it's rushing. The OL isn't helping, but he's better than this.

He does that. If there's an issue that Boyd really needs to clean up, it's rushing. The OL isn't helping, but he's better than this.
OL looks exhausted.

Didnt they have a bye last week?

Wow. Nearly a 90ish yard TD.

Too bad he stepped out of bounds.

Hmmm....review?

Should be a TD.

And the bad ACC refs strike again. That possession should have been a TD, not a fumble.

Terrible call. Refs gotta let it play out. This crew should be suspended for that.

The problem in the ACC is they only overturn about 5% of plays called on the field.

Terrible call. Refs gotta let it play out. This crew should be suspended for that.
ACC wants to keep their team in the hunt.

Glad to see Clemson survive this one. I'm sure they'll take a dip in the polls, but it's cool. They're usually a tire fire on Thursdays, so I'm just happy with a win.

IMG_10491689605715-1_zps3011169d.jpg

At first I honestly thought NC State got totally hosed on that call but there's a pretty good picture to show that was the right call. I think we seriously underestimated NC State tonight and I think there's a good chance that they might have much better chance to win more games than expected this year, that team will go far with a little more discipline on things like the false starts, those just kill drives. Speaking of discipline, I really hope Dabo comes down hard on Isaiah Battle for throwing that Mike Tyson upper cut if the NCAA or ACC doesn't, crap like that just looks bad on a program. Just happy to get the W tonight, if it wasn't for the Defense we lose that ball game.

Last edited:
And the bad ACC refs strike again. That possession should have been a TD, not a fumble.

The PAC-12 have the worst officials. No dispute.

Gotta admit, as an ACC fan, that was my first thought. What a very weird game. If this kid is the best QB in the country (for the next level), then clearly the NFL is not a passing league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back