The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most interesting score of the day might have been Indiana losing to Rutgers.

I completely missed that.

I guess Indiana was as average as I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This college targeting rule. While I understand and fully appreciate the intent of it (heads up tackling and stay away from the head while tackling), it needs some serious tweaking. Whether it's enforcement or punishment, I think something needs to be looked at.

Yeah big time. We had a play last night where our star safety was being blocked and after the receiver was down the releasing of the block caused our guy to fall into the down receiver and they hit helmet to helmet. Targeting was called and he was tossed when there was no intention of any kind. Thankfully we didn't need him as we win 59-14 and it happened in the first half so he won't be out in our big game on Thursday which may be for the de facto Sun Belt title.

They had me until they included Toledo in the article as to why the Hawkeye's have a decent schedule. A lot of chest pounding to try and sound decent for an article titled "Iowa doesn't care what you think"...since clearly this guy does.

I did like that line.
That's when I stopped reading.

Last time I looked minnesota still had the series lead.

This year was doomed for minnesota the injuries they've sustained have been unreal.

That's when I stopped reading.

Last time I looked minnesota still had the series lead.

This year was doomed for minnesota the injuries they've sustained have been unreal.

Then you picked the wrong spot to stop reading. The article points out that Iowa has injuries, every team does. And who cares about the all time series when the article was speaking of this season specifically.

They had me until they included Toledo in the article as to why the Hawkeye's have a decent schedule. A lot of chest pounding to try and sound decent for an article titled "Iowa doesn't care what you think"...since clearly this guy does.

I'm not going to defend Iowa, or this article really, but the reality is, for any B1G team, strength of schedule always gets brought up. Even though 99% of the teams in college football have a weak opponents and soft spots in their schedule.

I'm not going to defend Iowa, or this article really, but the reality is, for any B1G team, strength of schedule always gets brought up. Even though 99% of the teams in college football have a weak soft spots in their schedule.

Oh I know. Nothing wrong with pointing teams out that have weaker schedules in this case, especially those ranked ahead of you. But to use Toledo as one of those examples, when you're ranked higher anyway, is kind of pointless. I mean...it's Toledo.

For a school that claims they dont care if theyre respected by the country, they sure sound like a school that cares if theyre respected by the country. Good for them, and i hope they continue to roll.... Until Ohio State beats them in the Big Ten Championship

If that happens, the tOSU's SoS will get miraculously better. Which will be nice for you.

Oh I know. Nothing wrong with pointing teams out that have weaker schedules in this case, especially those ranked ahead of you. But to use Toledo as one of those examples, when you're ranked higher anyway, is kind of pointless. I mean...it's Toledo.

Don't tell that to Burt Bielema.

Most interesting score of the day might have been Indiana losing to Rutgers.

I completely missed that.

I guess Indiana was as average as I thought.

I watched some of the first half, don't ask me why. IU lacks talent on defense, especially in the secondary. Rutgers had their way with them on offense when their QB wasn't skipping balls off the turf. Carroo is a future NFL WR and he torched them. That said, I'm not sure how IU blew a 52-27 lead in the second half, but they found a way.

Then you picked the wrong spot to stop reading. The article points out that Iowa has injuries, every team does. And who cares about the all time series when the article was speaking of this season specifically.
If Minnesota is back to being minnesota isn't a quote about the past what is it?

Every team does have injuries, minnesota at one point had over 20 players in non contact jerseys.

I'm also not sure about the SOS argument, at least it doesn't make sense to me Minnesota has sconnie, Iowa, Michigan, and Ohio State, left and they Played TCU. Vs Iowa who has... no ranked opponents left, and the only ranked opponents they've played Minnesota also played.

That's not adding up at all.

On a side note, I wonder if Iowa fans still want Ferentz fired so vehemently like they did last year.

If Minnesota is back to being minnesota isn't a quote about the past what is it?

Every team does have injuries, minnesota at one point had over 20 players in non contact jerseys.

I'm also not sure about the SOS argument, at least it doesn't make sense to me Minnesota has sconnie, Iowa, Michigan, and Ohio State, left and they Played TCU. Vs Iowa who has... no ranked opponents left, and the only ranked opponents they've played Minnesota also played.

That's not adding up at all.

On a side note, I wonder if Iowa fans still want Ferentz fired so vehemently like they did last year.

SOS and Minnesota weren't connected in the least bit in the article.

SOS and Minnesota weren't connected in the least bit in the article.
Your right it doesn't, but I looked at the rankings and Minnesota is like 50 something, and they have two unbeaten teams left, 3 of the last 5 are ranked.

That's not adding up.

In his rankings Iowa had a stronger SOS then that. And it's not adding up.

Your right it doesn't, but I looked at the rankings and Minnesota is like 50 something, and they have two unbeaten teams left, 3 of the last 5 are ranked.

That's not adding up.

In his rankings Iowa had a stronger SOS then that. And it's not adding up.

What are you talking about? He never mentioned SOS and Minnesota together at all. He also never mentioned what place Iowa was, or any math or points or numbers at all regarding it. I have absolutely no idea where you are getting your information, as it's pretty clear you didn't read the article at all.

FWIW, if you looked at those rankings, then you'd see that Iowa has a higher SOS than Minnesota anyway. So...not sure what your point is.

What are you talking about? He never mentioned SOS and Minnesota together at all. He also never mentioned what place Iowa was, or any math or points or numbers at all regarding it. I have absolutely no idea where you are getting your information, as it's pretty clear you didn't read the article at all.

FWIW, if you looked at those rankings, then you'd see that Iowa has a higher SOS than Minnesota anyway. So...not sure what your point is.
Exactly and that doesn't make sense.

This isn't even about my Faux homerism here, Minnesota is terrible and they will be as long as leidner is qb (how freaking bad is nebraska's secondary that he can pass for 300 yards wow)

But how do those rankings make sense?

How is Iowa SOS, who's only ranked opponents are two teams Minnesota also plays, higher then Minnesotas, despite Minnesota playing TCU, Ohio State, and Michigan.

Iowa remaining schedule has 14 wins so far.

Two teams equal that on Minnesota remaining schedule (ohio state and Minnesota, also on a side note it's kind of funny in the article they say oh minnesota is back to Minnesota, and then make a SOS argument, while still having to play Minnesota, the strongest team left they have to face pending Nebraska finally doing something )

It's not adding up, is it?

Exactly and that doesn't make sense.

This isn't even about my Faux homerism here, Minnesota is terrible and they will be as long as leidner is qb (how freaking bad is nebraska's secondary that he can pass for 300 yards wow)

But how do those rankings make sense?

How is Iowa SOS, who's only ranked opponents are two teams Minnesota also plays, higher then Minnesotas, despite Minnesota playing TCU, Ohio State, and Michigan.

Iowa remaining schedule has 14 wins so far.

Two teams equal that on Minnesota remaining schedule (ohio state and Minnesota, also on a side note it's kind of funny in the article they say oh minnesota is back to Minnesota, and then make a SOS argument, while still having to play Minnesota, the strongest team left they have to face pending Nebraska finally doing something )

It's not adding up, is it?

Nope, it doesn't make sense. But I don't make the rules

Never though Iowa would somehow lay claim to two pages in this thread .

I like seeing Iowa play well though they probably have one of the best fan bases in all of CFB.

Hence the reason they're always invited to a much better bowl game than they deserve .

Never though Iowa would somehow lay claim to two pages in this thread .

I like seeing Iowa play well though they probably have one of the best fan bases in all of CFB.

Hence the reason they're always invited to a much better bowl game than they deserve .

This is entirely savage. And only tOSU would do this.

Noice!

If they lose to Michigan (and I dont think they will), I see another shirt burning coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back