The 2015-16 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reports coming out that Baylor's Russell is out for the remaining season. Awful. I thought Baylor might be able to do something this year.

Reports coming out that Baylor's Russell is out for the remaining season. Awful. I thought Baylor might be able to do something this year.
Yeah, it's true freshman time now for them heading into the back loaded portion of their schedule.

worked for the Bucks last season. Guess we'll see what the kid can do.

Bahahahahaha Ed Reed wants the Miami job.

That sucks.

Not a big Art fan but I feel terrible for the rest of the kids .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one thats mind blowing out of that group is Texas. Auburn recruits against Bama in the same state and Miami and Florida recruit against each other and FSU. Texas should have the pick of the litter in their state and that part of the country and shouldnt be looking up at schools like TCU, Baylor, Houston.... its crazy how the mighty have fallen

That's what happens when a new coach comes in and tries to get rid of the trash on the team. funny how those two seem to go hand in hand so often in college football (talent and bad decisions)

Wasn't it just a few years ago that Texas had 0 players drafted? That's crazy to think about. Texas' problems happened long before Charlie Strong. Plus, maybe how we rank recruiting classes isn't complete. It can't help a kid's ego to go online and read about how awesome they are. I also don't know how much work goes into the off the field investigation for those recruiting and scouting reports.

Wasn't it just a few years ago that Texas had 0 players drafted? That's crazy to think about. Texas' problems happened long before Charlie Strong. Plus, maybe how we rank recruiting classes isn't complete. It can't help a kid's ego to go online and read about how awesome they are. I also don't know how much work goes into the off the field investigation for those recruiting and scouting reports.

probably none. and if anything is found, I'm guessing most is overlooked. heck Maurice Clarrett for OSU had writing on the wall for days that he was a d-bag and had horrible character and we still recruited him. Hell of an athlete though and a big reason we won a NC. might be one of the bigger busts of recent years.

Minnesota Gophers Coach Jerry Kill is retireing, effective immediately, due to health concerns.

I hope he stays healthy.

Sad to see, great guy, and coach.

^^ I worked with his brother, a good friend, out here till he passed away. (RIP Jim Kill)
Also hopefully Jerry can stay healthy.

Minnesota Gophers Coach Jerry Kill is retireing, effective immediately, due to health concerns.

I hope he stays healthy.

Sad to see, great guy, and coach.
Oh wow. Always heard glowing things about him, and he's done a great job with that program.

Crazy how many fbs spots are open in the middle of October!

Holy, his press conference, the little I heard. Man that was hard to listen to, not often you see a 54 year old man crying, wondering what he's gonna do.

Wow, that man really loved his job.

It was shocking reading about him retiring this morning but his health is more important. I'll never forget the first time he collapsed on the sideline. I've never been in a stadium that was so quite before. It was really hard to watch the press conference.

Its hard to think about the football aspect of this but Claeys is going to be fine as head coach and the recruits seem to be unified. Its a setback for the program for sure but if Claeys is head coach next year, the stability provided would be huge.

I would like that as well.

Tough year to hire a new coach, a lot of good jobs. Keep Claeys and see what he can do, he's done well in the past.

Who yall got for the playoff... It's my favorite tradition ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446126194.458759.jpg

Man if Clemson gets past FSU its almost impossible for them to not go undefeated...crazy for a team we are so used to seeing ranked high then crapping the bed early on

They've got a decent grind down the stretch... 3 road games. And they're still Clemson.

tOSU Clemson LSU/Bama and I still think Baylor makes it in.

Too early to tell. tOSU has to get past MSU and UM. Clemson has to get past FSU. LSU has Bama.

Baylor will lose once, maybe twice (or more) before the season is over. Wouldn't be surprised if they trip at KSU next Thursday. Snyder has to be chapped losing like his team has the past two weeks, and a freshman QB (in Manhattan) will be ripe for a beat-down.

My guess is that more than one one loss team gets in the playoff this year.

Of course Ole Miss has to lose for Bama or LSU to get in. Knowing Ole Miss, they'll win out and the SEC sits out.

5 freaking turnovers...

Clemson has NC State this weekend, this could be grass monster that trips them up.

Of course Ole Miss has to lose for Bama or LSU to get in. Knowing Ole Miss, they'll win out and the SEC sits out.

5 freaking turnovers...

Clemson has NC State this weekend, this could be grass monster that trips them up.

Knowing Ole Miss, no way they win out. They haven't played in a SEC championship game since... ever.

If I had any faith at all in this Auburn team I would think Ole Miss goes down again this weekend... but I don't.

And NC State is the only decent team left on the schedule outside of FSU. But I'm using the term decent VERY loosely there, they have no business losing to NC state.

Knowing Ole Miss, no way they win out. They haven't played in a SEC championship game since... ever.

If I had any faith at all in this Auburn team I would think Ole Miss goes down again this weekend... but I don't.

And NC State is the only decent team left on the schedule outside of FSU. But I'm using the term decent VERY loosely there, they have no business losing to NC state.
Its the one weekend I'll pull for AU...

Having no reason to lose to state is all the reason Clemson needs. Despite the grief I give friends who are clemson fans, I would like to see them finally get over the hump.

Its the one weekend I'll pull for AU...

Having no reason to lose to state is all the reason Clemson needs. Despite the grief I give friends who are clemson fans, I would like to see them finally get over the hump.

I was pulling for alabama...ish against UGA. My brother in law is in grad school there and he had gotten a bit too big for his britches. He needed to be reminded that UGA is still UGA. But I still hated to see ya'll win... sorry

Improving every week. I could see an upset in one of the finishing games down the stretch.

Improving every week. I could see an upset in one of the finishing games down the stretch.

except at defense. they are doing the same d@mn bonehead stuff they've been doing for the past 3 years. i've been really impressed with sean white, though. if ricardo louis didn't have the dropsies last week au probably would have won. it's nice to see gus figuring things out and getting his guys back on the gus bus.

I think TCU knocks out Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back