The 2015 Grandaddy Live Update Thread - The Golf Trip Of A Lifetime

What an amazing few days at the Grandaddy of them all.

To my THP opponents: you guys battled hard, never giving up.

PhillyV, it was a pleasure watching you pound the 816 DBD into oblivion. You represented your Gauntlet MVP award with class.

Rallo, what can I say. Anyone whose name becomes a verb is definitely going to be a blast to play with. Everyone got Rallo'd several times over the past couple of days. Even a roof on the Dye Course. Fortunately just the roof and not the back window...

MikeyG, you were a worthy opponent for alt shot and a warrior in the singles. Your mind games, trash talk and blaring "Country-Gangsta" playlist would make JRod and Finley proud. You had me in a deep hole on the back 9 today. Fortunately, the Bertha Mini 1.5 and AimPoint Express finally showed up to help me eke out a win.

Misike, you got my vote for THP MVP. I honestly have never seen a 20hcp hit it that well off the tee. You had the GBB in such a groove like you'd had it for years. EDog fought hard but you were just so clutch with the Odyssey flat stick. You were unbeatable today. Like you said, probably the "round of your life". Otherwise, your name should be JRod.

JMan, you were an awesome Captain. You did things the right way. Open and honest communications. You made sure your team enjoyed every minute, and they did.

So many people to thank but it has to start with JB and GolferGal for running such a unique, positive golf website that allows for special experiences like the Grandaddy.

Huge shout out to Matt Wood and the folks at The Hideaway. This is perhaps the only private club in America that could pull off an event like this and have a membership to support it.

Everyone from Callaway that did tons of work behind the scenes to make it happen, including Nate, Steven, JNewt and of course our very own Darth Finley. Thank you.

Looking forward to reading all of the event recaps and reviews of all of the new gear.

Until next year THP...

43bc90d0282fb938565cb1f133b9b0d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nevs, that was awesome dude. Thank you so much for the kind words my friend!!

Love it DNevs! It's pretty special that you and the ZooCrew embrace this event as much as we do

Man I am seriously drained but all packed up and ready. So much love for all you. Incredible 4 days. Thank you so much zoocrew, thank you THP, thank you hideaway including Matt and members. Absolutely stunning. More to come for sure but I am hitting the pillow

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Final day recap.

Wow... #TheGrandaddy tres is now in the history books, and I'm still reeling from how awesome it was. The round today was different for me because I was finally able to follow James' advice and play for fun instead of putting a ton of pressure on myself. AJ and Finley put on an amazing show, and very simply the better golfers won, and I'm not going to be upset about that. Our member today was Al, and he was a ton of fun. He had music going all day, and just plain great guy, and helped make the round special. Our caddie, Owen, plays professionally, and on one of the holes after the matches were done, we gave him AJs DBD, and in his uniform and with no warmup, he smoked it. Finley, AJ, and Taylor were incredibly fun to play with, and I'll touch on them in the full recap. Once the round was over, and through the first 30 minutes of the bus ride, I was overcome with emotion for the amazing journey I got to experience. 7 months of prep and looking forward to something and it came and went, and just got swept up in it all. This event is something very special, and something I will remember forever. Time for one more nights sleep in California. More recap will come when that thread opens.

Hey! Look what I found at the bottom of my bag??!!?? #MIARangeFinder

f5c0607a326fa7906fbcca2355abe76f.jpg

I'm getting picked up from the hotel in a little over 5 hours, this journey has been awesome, much more to come but for now I'll power nap with thoughts of the amazing golf and social interactions with the amazing folks from Team Redemption, Callaway and the folks from The Hideaway. Beyond humbling and I can not wait to grow with these clubs and dial yard ages and I will make serious strides! These weapons are serious!! Apex CF live up to all the hype, every inch of hype to be exact, but the GBB woods line and Apex hybrid Line are tied for most impressive for me! I haven't had confidence in the top of the bag like that ever and also watched multiple guys play those clubs with beautiful shot shapes that most would be happy to have 7 irons land that soft! So much more to come on all these clubs for the indefinite future. NY golf will look different from the Hideaway but these clubs will get some native soil testing immediately based on the mild December temps I'm heading home to. Night guys, Team Redemption included, travel safe and hit Em straight I can't wait to keep up and hear how everyone is doing with these sets!

Wow!

What a great time - thanks to THP and everyone that participated to make this such a great event! It was so much fun to hang out and talk golf with everyone - even if I didn't get to actually play with each of you. For those that I did play against, thanks for making each of them a true battle - it was a blast!

Thanks to Matt, the members and the entire team at The Hideaway for hosting us again this year - they truly make it a very special event for all of us.

Looking forward to defending again next year!

What an amazing few days at the Grandaddy of them all.

To my THP opponents: you guys battled hard, never giving up.

PhillyV, it was a pleasure watching you pound the 816 DBD into oblivion. You represented your Gauntlet MVP award with class.

Rallo, what can I say. Anyone whose name becomes a verb is definitely going to be a blast to play with. Everyone got Rallo'd several times over the past couple of days. Even a roof on the Dye Course. Fortunately just the roof and not the back window...

MikeyG, you were a worthy opponent for alt shot and a warrior in the singles. Your mind games, trash talk and blaring "Country-Gangsta" playlist would make JRod and Finley proud. You had me in a deep hole on the back 9 today. Fortunately, the Bertha Mini 1.5 and AimPoint Express finally showed up to help me eke out a win.

Misike, you got my vote for THP MVP. I honestly have never seen a 20hcp hit it that well off the tee. You had the GBB in such a groove like you'd had it for years. EDog fought hard but you were just so clutch with the Odyssey flat stick. You were unbeatable today. Like you said, probably the "round of your life". Otherwise, your name should be JRod.

JMan, you were an awesome Captain. You did things the right way. Open and honest communications. You made sure your team enjoyed every minute, and they did.

So many people to thank but it has to start with JB and GolferGal for running such a unique, positive golf website that allows for special experiences like the Grandaddy.

Huge shout out to Matt Wood and the folks at The Hideaway. This is perhaps the only private club in America that could pull off an event like this and have a membership to support it.

Everyone from Callaway that did tons of work behind the scenes to make it happen, including Nate, Steven, JNewt and of course our very own Darth Finley. Thank you.

Looking forward to reading all of the event recaps and reviews of all of the new gear.

Until next year THP...

43bc90d0282fb938565cb1f133b9b0d7.jpg

Pete and Dave...Great posts. We heard it all week from the guys on #TR that the Callaway Staff and crew enjoy this event just as much as THP.

Let me say. It showed the entire time. From the live updates and videos to the running commentary. Callaway is what makes this event so special. Any company could fill the bags with gear (maybe not the best gear in the world) but Its hard to believe any company could put its heart and soul into like Callaway does.

It was obvious all week from the moment Carol woke up on Sunday AM to help Rallo, to the travel bags and breakfast coupons at the end, that you guys and ladies played the consummate hosts.

TR got an experience like no other amateur golfer will get. Those of us that followed from afar and spent hours catching up each day, got a lot out of it as well.

Thank You All. Can't wait for next year.

Safe travels to all today!

Safe travels guys!

Safe travels everybody

Have a great trip back everyone. Something tells me there will be a lot of shuteye had on those flights

Safe travels gentleman. It was an honor and a privilege to follow along with your amazing journey!

Cases to bring the bags home yourselves? Just plain effin awesome.....as was everything else from the word GO!

What a great follow and read this whole even was. Congrats to everyone involved you did a great job!

They really did think of everything. What a finish to a great ride! Big hand to Callaway for hosting such an awesome event!

I have so much to catch up on in here - looks like it was life altering !

The travel bags are on point. Callaway thought of everything.

Travel Safe everybody.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Wow. Caught up on the overnight stuff. Those travel bags are awesome, wtg Callaway.

nice find Mikeg.

safe travels everyone and thank all of you for this awesome event to follow again

Phenomenal effort from everyone. I'm going to get lost in this thread for days.

We did it different, we did it our way and we damn sure made sure it's coming back for another year.

I'm proud as hell.

All of THP is proud of all of you guys!

It's a shame I won't be having breakfast sliders this morning

It's a shame I won't be having breakfast sliders this morning

You should have smuggle a couple into your bag. They'd still be good, the hideaway wouldn't allow food poisoning.

Back