The 2015 Grandaddy Recap Thread - Thanks For The Memories

It's on *******. Grandaddy motivation in all facets.

0da15e84e465c7442b7d5bdd2de7fa22.jpg

That's my favorite shirt, when golf season is back that is gonna get worn out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's on *******. Grandaddy motivation in all facets.

0da15e84e465c7442b7d5bdd2de7fa22.jpg
Love that 1/4 zip. Have even managed not to get a stain on it.

‘you think they would consult their boss before up and starting a war’ with some humor in his voice.

Man did I ever start laughing out loud at that.

Awesome recaps as always guys. The wealth of info in this thread is just incredible!

‘you think they would consult their boss before up and starting a war’ with some humor in his voice.

Man did I ever start laughing out loud at that.

Awesome recaps as always guys. The wealth of info in this thread is just incredible!
The best part is when Chip said that Harry just put his head down and started laughing

It still seems like yesterday that this was happening despite being over a month ago now but whenever I see #TheGrandaddy logo or read someone talking about it, it really makes me want to be a part of this event

Don't stop sharing the memories guys as they are a real motivation to ensure this event continues to grow

This weather and not being able to take my golf clubs out on a real course is killing me. Found a use for my scorecard holder in the meantime. It works quite well as a grocery list holder. Equipment review Rallo style.
d7773e370fcbf72baef57d5a0911b22b.jpg
607f02cd09f66a35834557a3c1f90dbe.jpg

Just went back through my phone and looked at all my pictures. These two still blow my mind. Just so much amazingness here
099be8b678a4d27701801772647464ab.jpg
958bad408802cddbcd816e024e48597b.jpg

was cleaning out some things from my desk last night, and found my Hideaway yardage book. Well that completely sidetracked me from my task at hand because I went through and relived every single hole.

was cleaning out some things from my desk last night, and found my Hideaway yardage book. Well that completely sidetracked me from my task at hand because I went through and relived every single hole.
I did the same thing but used Google earth with the yardage book so i could see each hole. Funny how even certain trees, bunkers and waterfalls still stand out

I need me some Dean stories. Let it rip!

Hey Phil, ready to go back???!!??
I think i accidentally left that glass outside on that table. We should go back and clean it up

I need me some Dean stories. Let it rip!

I found my notes yesterday.

You know when it comes to shots. I really only think I had 1 that was really memorable in a good way. And that was a full PM grind from 103 to a front pin on the last par 5 during our first match. Down 1 with a chance to win the hole, stuck it about 5-6 feet. Unfortunately I missed the putt as it snapped right across the hole. Our caddie gave me slight tip because I was shutting the face down all morning on putts, and from then on I putt really well the rest of the event.

I found my notes yesterday.

You know when it comes to shots. I really only think I had 1 that was really memorable in a good way. And that was a full PM grind from 103 to a front pin on the last par 5 during our first match. Down 1 with a chance to win the hole, stuck it about 5-6 feet. Unfortunately I missed the putt as it snapped right across the hole. Our caddie gave me slight tip because I was shutting the face down all morning on putts, and from then on I putt really well the rest of the event.

I heard a LOT about your putting from the #ZooCrew.

I had two shots that really stick out, one was in Leishman and I's second 9 I threw a freaking dart on one of the Par 3's to about 4 feet. The other was after Harry closed me out we came to a par 3 playing IIRC about 190, member said just play it smart because it was a sucker pin and instead I grabbed the 5 apex hybo and hit it to 3 feet.

I heard a LOT about your putting from the #ZooCrew.

yeah it turned hot. Poor AJ and Neubarth still don't know what happened that AS round.

yeah it turned hot. Poor AJ and Neubarth still don't know what happened that AS round.

To be fair, Jeff was in blueberry lemonade land. He and I PUNISHED those things on Day 1 hahaha

I had two shots that really stick out, one was in Leishman and I's second 9 I threw a freaking dart on one of the Par 3's to about 4 feet. The other was after Harry closed me out we came to a par 3 playing IIRC about 190, member said just play it smart because it was a sucker pin and instead I grabbed the 5 apex hybo and hit it to 3 feet.
Was that the par 3 right before the comfort station? If so i stuck a 5 iron to that green haha Chad went pin hunting and i had no choice but to go at it. I didnt get it to 3 feet but it was good enough to be memorable for me haha

here's a story about everyone's favorite, Rallo.

On Tuesday night, I was a dope and locked myself out of my room. I knew I did it before heading out to dinner, but figured I'd wait until I got back. When we got back, a bunch of us hung out in the bar area with members of the #ZooCrew. It's where the best picture of the event took place of Finley and Taylor working on aimpoint:alien: Anyway, after we all decide to call it a night, I go back to my room, forgetting now that I locked myself out. Get to the front desk and for some reason there were people checking in and it took what felt like forever. Twenty minutes later, I have my key. I try to sneak back so anyone who is left, can't see that I locked myself out, you know I don't want to be THAT guy. I come around the corner and find this guy. Yup, he locked himself out of his room too. So we sat and laughed for 10-15 minutes until it was time for him to go get his key.

2g1f87YXp2caOSxpYd31YYmBD6ivz_Pclndu4JmUaOB8v--zYz7_ImRMkjLf6p-kj-H-sYiu7amgFn3Hk870M_xJNBMnBKLuJ9cHfca4fHY5Z-rCgCs68fAyzRZSXiYJ5dx2eNy7NqNdnGeGbjcn-AEc5I1R-NQ2orlxdRHB5YKwQmjVgYh2UU_Um1JNYjc6HlQK8H0LfrbIdAJcSYorDnOiLiWPEC6hGnjN8qpGz-WPmkDGFp9aZSBFpqfzIU0MKJoVWNvCX0P7D0FVAT3i1KhpOfMVyegMnwEzQV-rffvYNmvOobTI3QLTGjLHY57nEcQX2CEtTR7ZrC8xsL17wbvRtnxU0IHOA-aCUhKzSUiqIENuWeWftPBN_DxFYCcSbrCx1MXlWOB1mQGolu_GHuEMHEuAdx5D33UD58hpV8OS-MgjApnsP0QdqwNKHlysFHVY669qw46K30gwOJfxvum0si4Dzzzmr6T9hlRBF_npJuB6wnzacMRId66gEJaI2sAmXwBs6dqw6f4Y_TxY8xmvw2S7v_Ns2-3DXMDPAMeSimhsbAjd1NJ88KHu5XNH3ANC=w691-h923-no

Oh man.. This is why you ask for two room keys, so you have less chance of locking yourself out if you demagnetize one.

Oh man.. This is why you ask for two room keys, so you have less chance of locking yourself out if you demagnetize one.

In that case, I would have needed to ask for 3.

To be fair, Jeff was in blueberry lemonade land. He and I PUNISHED those things on Day 1 hahaha

They could have played scratch golf and still lost in 6 holes the way deandec was putting.

My shot I remember most was on #8 of day 1. Par 3 and ddec and I are two down with 2 to play. 189 yards and I hit an Apex 5 hybrid to a very tucked right pin on the water side to about 5 feet. Deandec nailed the putt (although didnt have to) and we were 1 down with 1 to play.

Then Jrod's handicap happened. We are on in regulation, Johnny hits to 3 inches to save par, net birdie. Match over.

Man Dean, that picture is brutal. To put it in full perspective (from what I can remember). That was after a day where Jrod and Rhi were getting the party started early on the last nine. Couple that with complimentary spiked lemonades from the hotel bar, mixed with a dinner (and drinks) out with the zoo crew... and then further partying back at the hotel bar and you have your #FYF moment. What that picture doesn't show was Dean walking in to see me staggered on the bench with the entire contents of my wallet strewn around me in order to find this hotel room key. Needless to say... I slept very well (and on top of my sheets that night)

Some quick thoughts, as I have been a slacker as for as the write up review thusly far.

I miss the bus rides so much, and wish I could've got to know everyone a little better. I did get a chance to have a good chat with Travis and learned we have a lot in common as far as brewing beer and restoring our very old houses. This right here is a good looking group of guys.
aaf66b08b0e1e120ce8faa9971618b97.jpg

Back