The 2021 Titleist Experience

Shamble out of the gate! Get me one in the fairway partner!

Participants- If I do a live and you want your name pronounced properly, please send me the phonetic pronunciation, if not I’ll decide how it should be pronounced… 😎
Haha, to properly pronounce my name it needs to be done in a Canadian accent. I just listened to yourself and Dan on the podcast and I’m not sure that southern accent will allow that to happen.😆

Haha, to properly pronounce my name it needs to be done in a Canadian accent. I just listened to yourself and Dan on the podcast and I’m not sure that southern accent will allow that to happen.😆
@JDax this could get interesting.

Cannot wait to see how the teams shake out.

It's going to be really hard to pick a team to back...
You're all awesome.

SUPER pumped for you guys

Greg. Um….. Greyg. 😝

Holy frost delay, Batman! Layer up y’all!!!1176F05B-8BB0-4F61-A812-881956934689.png

Last edited:
I’m sure he can say M EH, H Eh

Can’t wait to follow along for this, love the competition format

Wrapping up for the Day with the sixth hole a testy Par 5 playing (BT 530yds / WT 490). Finding the right side of the fairway will be key here, left will force a challenging second shot. With all the bunkers surrounding the green I might feel like I’m back on the beach in Florida.

IMG_5630.jpeg

The sixth hole is a par 5measuring 565-436 yards that asks the player to hit a very good tee shot. With the fairway sloping from left to right, following the natural slope of the land, any tee shot that drifts to the right will collect into the two depressions in the rough. These depressions will offer an easier second than the native rough and a relatively easy lay-up of no more than 170 yards will leave the player a straightforward third into a well-bunkered green.

The second shot must be played over the bunkers at the corner and the slope will work the ball into the middle of the fairway. Bunkers starting 150 yards from the green will present a difficult third to a plateau green with deep bunkers to the right and elevated bunkers to the left.

The scoring shot into this green can be helped with a slope from the left to the right to help funnel a second or third onto the playing surface. This large green has many putting areas that all slope in different directions. Use all your imagination on this green to work the ball into a two-putt position. This hole presents all that good design demands. Three well thought out shots will leave you with a birdie possibility; a great second will leave you a possible eagle try. Any mediocre shots will result in bogey being a good score.

Cannot wait to see how the teams shake out.

It's going to be really hard to pick a team to back...
You're all awesome.

SUPER pumped for you guys
I’m pretty excited as well. I feel we have a great group of guys here & we might be the elderest (LOL is that even a word) for THP experience. If you see the retirement home bus roll up to the resort @JB its just us. 😂

@GoldenBuff being from Montana, that would be a warm day for him in those low temps.
No bears in NM right?

I can get down with thise Temps. Now...NO more weather talk!

So pumped for next week!

Alright so what are you guys most excited about? No I don’t want you all say the T-Series irons as we know that is a given. However with the irons what are you most excited about? The look? The Vokey designed soles? Maybe it’s the course? Or maybe it’s the information & opportunity to chat it up with Luke & Josh from Titleist?

For the community what would be one question you would ask Luke or Josh?

let’s here it!!!

Alright so what are you guys most excited about? No I don’t want you all say the T-Series irons as we know that is a given. However with the irons what are you most excited about? The look? The Vokey designed soles? Maybe it’s the course? Or maybe it’s the information & opportunity to chat it up with Luke & Josh from Titleist?

let’s here it!!!
It’s really hard to pick one thing but if I have to it is playing on a awesome course with couple of dudes I know love the games as much as I do. That and everyone playing their greatest golf and still kicking a$$. Let’s do this!!

You guys are going to have a blast that's for sure. I will be following along to see your initial impressions of the irons, especially after the first round. :eek: I think you're really going to like the T200's this go round. (y)

Most excited about much tighter dispersion with the irons, leading to more GIR, lower scores and handicap.

also geeked to meet and get to play with some cool folks in a great location.

let’s here it!!!
What changes did they make acoustically in the design to improve the sound v. the previous generation of the T series irons?

For me it has to be the launch and increased ball speeds I was seeing during my fitting. Obviously these two aspects increased distance.
I’m interested to learn what sparked the idea of bringing the Vokey team in to perfect the sole of the T-Series.

let’s here it!!!

I am looking forward to meeting Luke and Josh and learning more about Titleist, particularly their vision and approach for club making. In terms of the current series, I am interested in things like 1) who do they see as the target golfer for each model, particularly any differentiation between t100 and t100s, and does this kind of question even matter any more, 2) how much did they consider blending across models, and 3) what excites them the most about these irons?

let’s here it!!!
Great question and also very tough to answer. So many things to be excited about for these couple of days. We get a great set of irons that we get to take home and play what looks like an excellent course. Looking forward to meeting Luke and Josh and learning about Titleist as well as some of their tour staff. One thing that i am curious about is if the t-series were designed to be combo’d why do they have a different finish? I can’t wait to hit the road next week.

Wrapping up for the Day with the sixth hole a testy Par 5 playing (BT 530yds / WT 490). Finding the right side of the fairway will be key here, left will force a challenging second shot. With all the bunkers surrounding the green I might feel like I’m back on the beach in Florida.

View attachment 9034882

The sixth hole is a par 5measuring 565-436 yards that asks the player to hit a very good tee shot. With the fairway sloping from left to right, following the natural slope of the land, any tee shot that drifts to the right will collect into the two depressions in the rough. These depressions will offer an easier second than the native rough and a relatively easy lay-up of no more than 170 yards will leave the player a straightforward third into a well-bunkered green.

The second shot must be played over the bunkers at the corner and the slope will work the ball into the middle of the fairway. Bunkers starting 150 yards from the green will present a difficult third to a plateau green with deep bunkers to the right and elevated bunkers to the left.

The scoring shot into this green can be helped with a slope from the left to the right to help funnel a second or third onto the playing surface. This large green has many putting areas that all slope in different directions. Use all your imagination on this green to work the ball into a two-putt position. This hole presents all that good design demands. Three well thought out shots will leave you with a birdie possibility; a great second will leave you a possible eagle try. Any mediocre shots will result in bogey being a good score.
This is a cool hole and I had a hard time choosing a target line on the tee shot. The second shot is pretty much blind regardless. What’s cool is that the right side is preferred, but the right half of the fairway has a bit of a hog’s back profile where missing right gets pushed further right into the rough. This hole will be easier the second time through, after you have seen the proper line down to the layup area and green.

FYI - the majority of original sand bunkers were converted to grass bunkers at some point. This is a really nice feature for playability and maintenance. So when you see weird darker green shapes in the hole sketches, those are grass bunkers. I’m not sure the hole descriptions have been updated to reflect this.

Back