My all-time favorite beer is Dogfishhead 60 minute IPA. I haven't found anything better, its the perfect blend of hoppiness and flavor. However, I love trying new beers so, does anyone have any reccomendations for beers similar to the 60 minute?

Aggieville is a great time, I really need to get back there at some point on a football game day. Lawrence isn't a bad time either... spent more than a few nights there too.

Yeah, spent quite a few nights in Lawrence. Going to Allen Fieldhouse and then down to Mass Street was always the plan. They have a nice little bar right off campus, can't remember the name now, but it was always a good time.

I drink Boulevard every time I watch a KC game. It's like a litmus test.

I take their beers for granted. They are good, but when I see them everywhere, it becomes like a miller lite or something. Of course, I still drink it all the time.

I lived up in Chicago for a little while, didn't know you could get it up there.

My all-time favorite beer is Dogfishhead 60 minute IPA. I haven't found anything better, its the perfect blend of hoppiness and flavor. However, I love trying new beers so, does anyone have any reccomendations for beers similar to the 60 minute?

Have you tried anything from Stone Brewing? They've got a good IPA. They're better known for their Arrogant Bastard Ale though, and it's really good.

My personal favorites are in no particular order: Boddington's Pub Ale, Tetley's English Ale, Delirium Tremens, Solhaven's Scottish Ale, and Arrogant Bastard Ale just to name a few.

Anybody else gearing up for some Oktoberfest celebrations? Have a german bar here called the Biergarten with all german beers on draft that is having their kick off celebration starting on Sat. Love me some Warsteiner Dunkel.

Anybody else gearing up for some Oktoberfest celebrations? Have a german bar here called the Biergarten with all german beers on draft that is having their kick off celebration starting on Sat. Love me some Warsteiner Dunkel.

Chicago has already had most of the traditional Oktoberfest festivities. There will be a couple more small finishing events this weekend, though. I have already had too much german stuff to partake.

Chicago has already had most of the traditional Oktoberfest festivities. There will be a couple more small finishing events this weekend, though. I have already had too much german stuff to partake.

I need to come visit you...

There is a show in Chicago next year I am trying to get on

I lived up in Chicago for a little while, didn't know you could get it up there.

Yeah man. There is one KC Chiefs pub in Chicago and they serve Boulevard. I don't believe the K-State or KU pubs serve it though.

I need to come visit you...

There is a show in Chicago next year I am trying to get on

Dude, you know I would be game. This time around I'll treat you to some new spots. Give you more of the chicago vibe.

Dude, you know I would be game. This time around I'll treat you to some new spots. Give you more of the chicago vibe.

that would be awesome. Finish it off with a chocolate milkshake

There's a World of Beer near where I work that's going a two day festival. Complimentary food, a ton of german beer available.. I'm so excited I don't even know what to do.

that would be awesome. Finish it off with a chocolate milkshake

hahaha... not sure that is the kinda vibe I was going for. But it works. I would need a few more old styles first though.

Im heading over to Leavenworth, Wa for oktoberfest in a week. Biggest and best Oktoberfest outside of munich. leavenworth is a 'transplanted' bavarian town, you almost feel like you're really there.

Im heading over to Leavenworth, Wa for oktoberfest in a week. Biggest and best Oktoberfest outside of munich. leavenworth is a 'transplanted' bavarian town, you almost feel like you're really there.

Not too far from me! Is it next weekend? Or the entire month? I may have to check it out.

It is pumpkin season!

9475a5bc.jpg

Pumking is an ode to Púca, a creature of Celtic folklore, who is both feared and respected by those who believe in it. Púca is said to waylay travelers throughout the night, tossing them on its back, and providing them the ride of their lives, from whichthey return forever changed! Brewed in the spirit of All Hallows Eve, a time of year when spirits can make contact with the physical world and when magic is most potent. Pour Pumking into a goblet and allow it’s alluring spirit to overflow. As spicy aromas present themselves, let its deep copper color entrance you as your journey into this mystical brew has just begun. As the first drops touch your tongue a magical spell will bewitch your taste buds making it difficult to escape. This beer is brewed with pagan spirit yet should be enjoyed responsibly.
8.6% abv • 12.7ºL • Imperial Pumpkin Ale • 22 oz / 1/2 keg / 1/6 keg

Not too far from me! Is it next weekend? Or the entire month? I may have to check it out.

it starts this weekend and goes for 3 weekends. I think its just on fridays and saturdays, but you should go on a saturday....they do a traditional oktoberfest keg tapping ceremony at 1pm on saturdays which is pretty fun.

im heading out there for the last weekend, 10/14-10/16. Got my liter beer stein ready to go.

this weekend is LaCrosse, Wi Octoberfest, last weekend was Appleton,Wi fest and next weekend in Micanopy!

Had some Unibroue - Fin du Monde last night. Drinking 4 of them at 9% hits like a freight train... So much for some casual brews with some buddies.

Had some Unibroue - Fin du Monde last night. Drinking 4 of them at 9% hits like a freight train... So much for some casual brews with some buddies.

Love fin du monde. It should really be called fin du mind

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Love fin du monde. It should really be called fin du mind

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Agreed! Bad decision to have a few of those quickly to start of the night before moving onto rye & cokes..

Tomorrow is shaping up to be all sorts of fun, and pretty messy no doubt.

Myself and my friend have a brewery tour booked at West Brewery, for 12 noon. Pint before, pint after and 6 samples during. Then off for 'lunch'. In the Bier Halle. Scotland are playing football at 7:30, so sure we'll find a pub for that. We're also going on a beer run at lunch today to stock up for the after party.
I might take a few pics and post a review of what I can remember in this thread actually.

Right, I'll admit it. I didn't get any pics. Cos I was holding a pint the whole time. Not the same pint, though. :D

Yuengling has finally crossed west of the PA border! Enjoying one right now.

got a sixer of the spaten Oktoberfest...good stuff!!! drank the whole sixer room temperature, man I was happy how good it was.

i'm a Bulmers cider man if i'm going out all night but if i'm only going for a quite few pints i tend to drink Guinness. my grandfather got me into Powers Whiskey as well a few years back

Back