The Cruise Thread

Dream was the boat I went on too G4L. That slide is a lot of fun but man that water is really freakin cold.

Tell me about it. Same boat for us 1.5 years ago too, and we went on the slide on a rather chilly, windy day. We sprinted from the exit of the slide to the adults only whirl pool.

We did the exact same on both accounts. Move over random people, I can't feel my hands after that ice bath.

I think the Fantasy is the boat with the capsule they put you in and drop you. That looks like so much fun

I went on a Royal Caribbean cruise a couple years ago. I don't recall the ship, but we left out of Puerto Rico and went to Aruba, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Curacao.

This new ship is crazy from RC.

Amazing what they are doing with the ships now.

Wife and I are considering a 10-14 European cruise in 2015. Anyone have any experiences with specific itineraries or cruise lines for that type of cruise?

What an amazing ship. Looks like a fun experience.

Man, that ship looks impressive. The skydive simulator looks like a ton of fun for starters

Wife and I are considering a 10-14 European cruise in 2015. Anyone have any experiences with specific itineraries or cruise lines for that type of cruise?

Look up Cunard cruise line.

This new ship is crazy from RC.

That's a sweet ship, JB. Its sister, the Anthem of the Seas, comes out in 2016 and we have a 3rd Oasis class ship under construction.

I really need to take the kids on a Disney Cruise. They would love it.

So would
Mom and dad

I bet we would, sir. Need to read up on them a bit more. From what Wardy told me, they are pretty dang awesome.

We were thinking disney cruise next year but the wife wants another baby instead.

Celebrity has 6 ships in Europe this summer with home ports in Rome, Venice, Baecelona, Southampton or Harwich. Send me a PM with dates and I can send you a few 2015 itineraries.

We have a 2015 10 or 11 night British open cruise that stays overnight in Edinburgh with Saturday & Sunday tickets for St. Andrews. I got my eye on that one!

I bet we would, sir. Need to read up on them a bit more. From what Wardy told me, they are pretty dang awesome.

For kids, yeah it's a lot of fun. There's enough activities to keep them busy and let the parents get a little bit of a relaxing break for a while. Also, the adult pools and areas were pretty nice to just enjoy without some of the excess noise.

We and I took the kids a "few" years ago. It was amazing. With more than ample adult themed thing too. Probably the best family vacation we ever took.

As always thanks for all the help Canes. At some point, while it's not a favorite, I have to get on the Oasis of the Seas ship. It's just massive

Anyone have any experience with Viking River cruises? I lived in Europe for 2 years in the late 90's and wanna had back next year. I think the would be a lot of fun.

I love cruising and we try to go once or twice a year. Never did the big Royal Caribian ships yet though but we want to. We actually just booked a last minute one at the begining of the month that we surprized the kids with. Living in Florida you do get some insane deals.

As always thanks for all the help Canes. At some point, while it's not a favorite, I have to get on the Oasis of the Seas ship. It's just massive

Yeah 5,000+ passenger massive lol. But its a smooth, well run operation and you dont feel the crowds except for sea days by the pools.

I'd be happy to help any THPer with discounted Friends and Family rates. You won't believe how cheap Oasis or Allure rates in September and October with school starting soon.

That is awesome to offer that up to people here. I have seen those rates and the discounts are massive.

We and I took the kids a "few" years ago. It was amazing. With more than ample adult themed thing too. Probably the best family vacation we ever took.

Sounds like I need to make it happen.

Back