The Honda Classic [Spoilers]

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Lots of THPers know this course well as THP has held two of its annual outings at PGA National, home of the Champion Course with the famous Bear Trap. Field looks solid heading into the tournament and THP Fantasy Golf is in full effect.

funny how things change. This tournament used to be more of an afterthought to me. Now it's one I look forward to every year. Not to mention over the last few years the field has gotten stronger.

Having the Cadillac on the other side makes this a great tune up for the top guys. Should be a good one this week.

This is always a fun tourney. Had a great finish last year with Tiger going very low on Sunday but Rory eventually pulled it out. That was this tourney, right?

This is always a fun tourney. Had a great finish last year with Tiger going very low on Sunday but Rory eventually pulled it out. That was this tourney, right?

correct. It will be interesting to see what TW does this week. In a way he learned the course last year and had his best round of the year in round 4. Wonder how that transitions over to this year now.

correct. It will be interesting to see what TW does this week. In a way he learned the course last year and had his best round of the year in round 4. Wonder how that transitions over to this year now.

Is tiger in the field this week? I haven't seen the list yet. I wonder if Rory "Driving Range Pro" McIlroy is in

funny how things change. This tournament used to be more of an afterthought to me. Now it's one I look forward to every year. Not to mention over the last few years the field has gotten stronger.

I agree...now that the hosting course has kicked my tail, I take even more appreciation out of how well these guys do to carve it up. Definitely be tuning in this week.

Is tiger in the field this week? I haven't seen the list yet. I wonder if Rory "Driving Range Pro" McIlroy is in

he is. He is playing the next 2 weeks, then bay hill, then Augusta.

he is. He is playing the next 2 weeks, then bay hill, then Augusta.

When you say "he is" are you referring to Tiger or Driving Range Pro McIlroy

I love this tournament. The bear trap is always fun to watch them play.

THPing on Tapatalk

When you say "he is" are you referring to Tiger or Driving Range Pro McIlroy

TW. I don't believe Rory is playing Bay Hill, but he is playing the week prior to Augusta.

I love this tournament. The bear trap is always fun to watch them play.

THPing on Tapatalk

it's even more fun to play. Unless there is a 25 MPH wind, then it's a pain

I am super pumped for this event. I love watching golf on a course I've played many times, nothing like seeing the pros hit the same shots I've hit.

I birdied 17 from the tips into about a 20 mph wind the first time I played it. Take that PGA Tour Pros.

Did you hit any of the greens?

THPing on Tapatalk

Sure did. My best was on 15 from the Pro tee with a 5 iron. Pin was on the front left and I was pin high about 20 feet to the right. #16 is a great hole having to hit your approach over the water and you can't miss short or right.

I really hope we get some final round drama again this year!

I need another good Fantasy week to break the top 50. Started to pick RM but the way he is playing he just isnt work 800k to me

I love watching this tournament after having playied it twice from prior THP outings. The wind was blowing really hard the first year we played it! It's a cool feeling playing a golf course that is on the Tour schedule every year.

Last edited:
I'll be there Thursday. I hope my buddy X-Man can make it too!!

TW. I don't believe Rory is playing Bay Hill, but he is playing the week prior to Augusta.
the texas open?

I messed up picking players last night. Picked 5 guys and saved 'em, came back to fill rest of roster with 610000 remaining. I had picked max. players, it said. Well, 5 it is then. Hope they all make the cut.

Back