The House Searching / Buying/ Building Thread

2 1/2 or 3 bath? Natural gas? With a gas log fireplace?

Oh and a fully finished massive two car heated garage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and a fully finished massive two car heated garage!

My dream....No cars in that garage though!!!!

be526e7467ff34dced25c5f99a8380c4.jpg

00248d1408d03046d1e7f62eb8fbd25d.jpg

4e0ceeea3af67b10ea2e871ae74b86f3.jpg

It's flying !!

Drywall up, figure 6 or so weeks till done. End of year close?

Well it originally start as mid January but the weather has been so good they are hoping to close before Christmas !

Looking good!

been pondering a move myself. Been in my house almost 10 years and have updated a lot. If I sold now, I would have a bunch of cash towards the next one. So, I could upgrade to a much bigger and nicer home for the same payment if not lower. Just because of the positive equity I have. My biggest dilemma is whether or not to stay in Ohio or just start over in warm southern weather... Which starting over would be quite simple for me since I'm good in my house (value vs amt still owed) and a car salesman can jump out of a plane and hit a dealership.

been pondering a move myself. Been in my house almost 10 years and have updated a lot. If I sold now, I would have a bunch of cash towards the next one. So, I could upgrade to a much bigger and nicer home for the same payment if not lower. Just because of the positive equity I have. My biggest dilemma is whether or not to stay in Ohio or just start over in warm southern weather... Which starting over would be quite simple for me since I'm good in my house (value vs amt still owed) and a car salesman can jump out of a plane and hit a dealership.

Come on down Bullfrog

6a794fedbbc702b63c4b4c12f6b98315.jpg

40053ac91739e638c6af546dda767b50.jpg

Outside is done minus the sod which goes in today ! Kinda wish we went all the way up with the brick on the left side but otherwise I'm extremely pleased with our colors and look.

Drywall should be 100% done by mid next week and then we set the closing date !

Dude it is looking awesome! Love the colors you chose

Dude it is looking awesome! Love the colors you chose

Thanks buddy. We never thought we'd be financially stable enough to do anything like this but with hard work we've been able to build our dream house and I'm so excited .

The builders have been amazing thus far and have corrected the few small mistakes immediately and there is zero cost overrun other than what we have upgraded ourselves. ( level 3 granite ouch)

Love it jrod, looking really good man.

Wow! They're flying though the building!

House construction has been delayed by hunting season, but the interior has been coming along. We put the poly on the living room ceiling and the stairwell this past weekend.
301E6A04-127A-43A7-BA4A-00444829C442_zpsfpfn8v4v.jpg

3695D6BA-5A1D-4AE1-AC04-B4A8279981FB_zpsz3htdrdx.jpg

E52F8414-61A5-4574-80D0-57D54937F5C3_zpsewp32q1e.jpg

Welp.. The process has officially begun. Realtor came and took a look at our townhouse today so that we can prepare to put it on the market. We are going to list it after the first of the year.

Started searching for houses as well over the weekend. I don't know if I am ready for this yet, but I am excited.

Welp.. The process has officially begun. Realtor came and took a look at our townhouse today so that we can prepare to put it on the market. We are going to list it after the first of the year.

Started searching for houses as well over the weekend. I don't know if I am ready for this yet, but I am excited.

Good luck! Buying a house is exciting and petrifying at the same time.

House came in appraised about 8k over purchase price. Gotta love free equity. #winning

House came in appraised about 8k over purchase price. Gotta love free equity. #winning
Where you building at?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

West Davenport right on the 11th hole at Emeis!
Very nice. I got a lot on a course that will be our home someday.

Counter tops and carpet installed. One week until closing. I'm so excited right now is ridiculous.

5d895d2239e155b1c266ad48074a2fda.jpg
1fa9e33e039b16efa27ac069643e5678.jpg

Kitchen is still being finished so it's a disaster but will post pictures when completed.
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Counter tops and carpet installed. One week until closing. I'm so excited right now is ridiculous.

5d895d2239e155b1c266ad48074a2fda.jpg
1fa9e33e039b16efa27ac069643e5678.jpg

Kitchen is still being finished so it's a disaster but will post pictures when completed.
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
So freaking exciting to move into a brand new house! Congrats. The granite is amazing!

Back