The "Mildly Annoying" Thread

I called the main office of the tire place and they are going to reimburse me. That was easy.

I called the main office of the tire place and they are going to reimburse me. That was easy.

When I just read 'That was easy' the first thing that came to my mind was the Staples commercial.

On a separate note I just took Ellie for a walk and just as she approached a grassy area with a tree I see a HUGE black snake! I almost had a heart attack. I grabbed her like a football and ran for our lives. There is a big open field near our home and I have been told on numerous occasions that there are rattle snakes out there. I have seen a few smaller snakes here and there and JB said he saw a dead orange sort of colored one the other day but the one I just encountered was very much alive. I am not sure if it was one of the rattle snakes but I was not sticking around long enough to find out.

I'm with you - snakes freak me out. Isn't Ellie kind of big to carry though?

I'm with you - snakes freak me out. Isn't Ellie kind of big to carry though?

No, she is just under 30lbs so she isn't that big. I mean she does like her treats and all but she is still a small dog in my mind. Besides when it comes to life or death she could have been 100lbs and I would have found a way to pick her up. All it would take is one bite from one of those snakes and either of us could be dead. Those are not very good odds in my book, so we ran. My neighbors must think I am a crazy woman but I don't care.

Good deal Diane. Aren't you glad we kept on you?

She looks much larger in your photos. Don't worry about the neighbors - I never do.

She looks much larger in your photos. Don't worry about the neighbors - I never do.

Oh I could care less what they think of me all I cared about was the safety of Ellie. She has the coloring of a German Shepherd so I think in pictures people suspect she might be a German Shepherd Puppy but she is 6 years old and fully grown at just under 30lbs.

Oh I could care less what they think of me all I cared about was the safety of Ellie. She has the coloring of a German Shepherd so I think in pictures people suspect she might be a German Shepherd Puppy but she is 6 years old and fully grown at just under 30lbs.

Wow - the Basset Hounds outweigh her by 20 and 30 lbs. There was a snake in my office once and they just looked at it and walked away. Of course it was harmless, but not much bothers them in general.

Glad you got reimbursed Diane!

Glad you got reimbursed Diane!

Is this a male vs. female thing? I never would have pursued it if you guys didn't say anything, but you were all in agreement.

Yes she's a sweet little thing
Is this a male vs. female thing? I never would have pursued it if you guys didn't say anything, but you were all in agreement.

No, it's just if u don't speak up they try to get over on you. I have met many women that will speak up very quickly

I'm glad that worked out for you, Diane. Now you owe the guys a round!

I think it's what you're comfortable with discussing, based on your knowledge. My wife has no problem returning clothing items when they shrink too much or don't last their initial wash without seams coming apart and I'm loathe to do that. She used to work at a clothing store, so she knows manufacturer return policies, clothing terms and construction, etc., so if a clerk tries to give her a hard time, she's ready.

She balks at bringing the car in for repairs because she's not car-savvy and will agree to whatever the service advisor tells her needs to be done. Car-related maintenance is officially MY job. Luckily, her last two vehicles have been a Toyota Sienna and a Toyota Camry. :thumb:

You want me to take Harry, Smallie & Gasman out?

Spoiler

By myself?

Yup. That would be a foursome. We want photos.

You want me to take Harry, Smallie & Gasman out?

Spoiler

By myself?

Its not like were the Gatlin boys from the Kenny Rogers song.

I've seen Harry's and Smallie's. You can PM me Gasman's.

I know you hooked up with Harry, but when did you meet Smallie? Was that before I joined the forum?

Back